Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

2 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I mean okay but Blue Banisters seemed like a personal challenge to see how many friends she could fit in one song, and DTWD was the same except for famous friends.

I just do not want her lyrical sphere to be reduced to the size of a ball bearing. 

dude whyre you so upset? she’s writing from personal and intimate experiences with those she loves. i find it really endearing and sweet. if you hate it so much maybe dont listen to the song??? lmao

edit: i know this discussion is over but i dont understand the hate that just went on for like 4 pages over 2 songs of namedropping 

i get so much delight from reading @Rorman Nockwell's posts because there's at least thoughts like fully formed thoughts in there :trisha: 

not to return to the topic... i was asleep!!

but i agree about the namedropping... if lana is on a path to becoming an even more non-commercial artist, which she truly has never been, it just doesn't make sense for her to drop commercial names (nikki lane... in full) into her songs. or at least is just less appealing. because it makes her seem like she just wanted to name drop a few people without much meaning to it, since she's taken strides away from that kind of recognition... i dont know what i mean but maybe you besties will understand!

sUcVobB.png

Y’all…she added Nikki’s last name because “Lane” fit the rhyme scheme…

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

1 hour ago, kenney said:

also sorry to chime in, pls nobody get mad at me.

but im thinking she mostly hid the songs from the locals so that her core fanbase would mostly be the ones listening. Shes probably hoping we already know of the ppl shes namedropping. So shes also probably hoping that we care about them because they are important to her and she cares about them.

if that makes any sense. but ofc everyone is free to like/dislike whatever they want.

I think this is specifically true about Wildflower Wildfire. The more I listen to it the more I realize how personal that track is. The first couple times i heard it i didn't care so much for it but now it makes me tear up, i actually love that song. Which I can say is the first time a LDR song made me feel that way in years 

Then again, she was trending with over 80k tweets the day the songs dropped. So who knows, maybe she was testing to show her management that she doesn't have to do much, all she has to do is drop songs and albums. 

That could've also been a test phase for a surprise album release like shes said she wanted to do in the past. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

You're all probably gonna eat me for it but ok.

So, I listened to the three songs again today, followed the lyrics, and as far as I felt compassion towards Lana as a person, I felt unbothered by her as an artist. I guess this is controversial but these lyrics are totally messy and yes, they do evoke emotions from her, but they're too hermetic, as if about secret, private life whose audience can see only a glimpse. The thing I find the most beautiful about artistry is to bring value of your personal life and try to make it at least a bit more universal. She doesn't do that here. Or maybe that's just the thing with me; I don't really like soft piano ballads, I dislike soft rock and folk with passion, and I still think these tracks could've easily be added to COCC and no one would notice a difference. Bonus tracks, for instance. To say they're ill-produced would be an unfair understatement, but I find myself not interested by the final product.

The new album will for sure feel like a pleasant journey to her heart, and I will consume it once, but I will not be probably listening to it over and over as I used to with her previous records. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to criticise Lana but, to me, this doesn't feel like music for the masses, just something homemade to ease your own pain that only the hardest stans or closed ones are going to be fascinated by. It's so surprising because I much preferred Violent Bent Backwards over the Grass.

original.gif

4 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

So, I listened to the three songs again today, followed the lyrics, and as far as I felt compassion towards Lana as a person, I felt unbothered by her as an artist. I guess this is controversial but these lyrics are totally messy and yes, they do evoke emotions from her, but they're too hermetic, as if about secret, private life whose audience can see only a glimpse. The thing I find the most beautiful about artistry is to bring value of your private life and try to make it more universal. She doesn't do that here. Or maybe that's just the thing with me; I don't really like soft piano ballads, I dislike soft rock and folk with passion, and I still think these tracks could've easily be added to COCC and no one would notice a difference. Bonus tracks, for instance. To say they're ill-produced would be an unfair understatement, but I find myself not interested by the final product.

The new album will for sure feel like a pleasant journey to her heart, and I will consume it once, but I will not be probably listening to it over and over as I used to with her previous records. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to criticise Lana but, to me, this doesn't feel like music for the masses, just something homemade to ease your own pain that only the hardest stans or closed ones are going to be fascinated by. It's so surprising because I much preferred Violent Bent Backwards over the Grass.

That's interesting. You're allowed to feel that way!! Please don't feel like you aren't allowed to feel any way or criticize her music! You're ALLOWED to thats what makes the discussion fun!

In some way, I agree with you that it's deeply personal but more blunt than Hope which is strange to me. But it also is so real and honest that I like it a lot. Who knows, maybe once the "my story" era is over we'll get another record that's different. This one for me though, so far, is giving me some sort of discomfort and anxiety. I can only listen to the songs at certain times because of that. Which kind of evokes UV feelings for me because those songs felt so personal too, but this seems even more so I think. Even though it makes me uncomfortable, I can say at least it's VERY well written and I love the lyrics from all 3 of the songs we have so far

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Blue Banisters is the song honestly. I have had it on repeat the last day and a half lol! I’ll randomly drop Text Book and then every now and then WW but for the most part it is BB on loop. It’s so magical!

These new songs are just mindblowingly good, I can't get over it. It's like every Lana album touches a different part of my soul and she just keeps reaching deeper and deeper. :crai:

I understand what you’re saying, @vrtvie. Although I don’t have a problem with this style of song, I too find them more hermetic. 

I’ve listened to them a few times (not a lot, I must admit) and I still have a hard time understanding the melody progression. 
For instance, « Text Book » has this James Bond verses and then a poignant, ethereal chorus and I have a hard time connecting the too. 

I’ve also always admired Lana for her songwriting skills. Even if I didn’t always understand them because they’re personal, they all still made sense and told a story in their own way (don’t come at me with Betty Boop, you know what I mean ?). And I’m often scratching my head with those three songs... it probably means something to her, so that’s good but it’s like a bunch of words and concepts and ideas thrown together to me.

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

1 hour ago, vrtvie said:

So, I listened to the three songs again today, followed the lyrics, and as far as I felt compassion towards Lana as a person, I felt unbothered by her as an artist. I guess this is controversial but these lyrics are totally messy and yes, they do evoke emotions from her, but they're too hermetic, as if about secret, private life whose audience can see only a glimpse. The thing I find the most beautiful about artistry is to bring value of your personal life and try to make it at least a bit more universal. She doesn't do that here. Or maybe that's just the thing with me; I don't really like soft piano ballads, I dislike soft rock and folk with passion, and I still think these tracks could've easily be added to COCC and no one would notice a difference. Bonus tracks, for instance. To say they're ill-produced would be an unfair understatement, but I find myself not interested by the final product.

That's exactly how I feel too but I'm awful at expressing myself so thanks for putting it into words in such a considering way :wub:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I think Blue Banisters is my favorite right now. It's so fucking beautiful. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I think that those songs would fit better in a memoir book.

Imagine a book full of lyrics and poetry about Lana's personal life, memories and feelings. All beautifully crafted.

Then after a few months, she could release an album of the book, singing and reciting what she wrote.

I would be so excited about that :flutter: