Elle

Text Book

2 hours ago, Mike Dean is a god said:

Ok robin deangelo but that’s your interpretation and you are allowed it but you dont need to be so authoritative about it like its the only interpretation. And stop implying anybody who disagrees with your interpretation is secretly a racist

I didn’t use the word racist as a descriptor anywhere nor implied, reading comprehension can be difficult though xoxo

40 minutes ago, Tropico Roses said:

Ive been thinking about these lyrics a lot... could she be talking about being blonde like she was when she was a child and have the same innocent, loving relationship with her father? Jealous of Patty stealing attention away from her? Especially since she and her mom have a tumultuous relationship?

This makes lots of sense :oprah2:

textbook worst lyric wish she didn't namedrop anything

I think the BLM line does not carry over to the following lines at all.

It just means that Sean saw her protesting for that cause and that ended up seperating them cause he understood she held different values than him (being a Blue Lives Matter jerk),

I don't think "I screamed for them" refers to black people or the protest at all, but to "God, I wish I was with my father, he could see us in all our splendor" - meaning that she tried to hang onto the perfect-couple-vibes she and Sean were gving off.

If her and Sh*tsticks really had a fall out because of BLM it could explain why she posted that messy insta comment about POC on her album cover ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

“And there you were with shining stars
Standin' blue with open arms”

What if Sean is “standing blue” cause he’s a cop! This entire song is lyrically AMAZING I LOVE IT

giphy.gif

If anything, the BLM mention is to relate to Sean and the height of QFTC when her entire relationship with him was being criticized since she was a “part” of the problem. Then there’s the constant reference of her dad, she almost adores him in every way and tries to search for someone to his stature but in a way the same type of man is the one who constantly betrays her, maybe in the same way that Lana feels betrayed since he’s still married to her mother whos a person who has constantly contributed to the harsh self image.

giphy.gif

The chorus to this song is a career highlight. Sublime

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Don't know if this has been discussed already, but I actually can't get what a "text book" has to do with the rest of the lyrics or the song's narrative. Im not a native speaker either, so if it's figurative I don't get it. Anyone who could help with this? 

8 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Don't know if this has been discussed already, but I actually can't get what a "text book" has to do with the rest of the lyrics or the song's narrative. Im not a native speaker either, so if it's figurative I don't get it. Anyone who could help with this? 

I’m hearing it as the relationship Lana describes is a textbook (classic) example of some psychological thing, as she relates her feelings about her father to another relationship

13 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Unhinged Conspiracy Theory: it was originally named “ThunderBird”, but since Ford is super annoying with their copyrighted names (wouldn’t let Tesla call it the Model E, even tho Ford hasn’t actually had a Model E in production ever) and will literally sue anyone who tries to make profit of them; LDR decided to rename the track Text Book. That way it has the same initials (TB) within the fan base as what she initially intended. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

5 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

I’m hearing it as the relationship Lana describes is a textbook (classic) example of some psychological thing, as she relates her feelings about her father to another relationship

This was kind of what I intuited from the context, yet wasn't sure. Thank you a lot for the answer!

4 minutes ago, Mer said:

Unhinged Conspiracy Theory: it was originally named “ThunderBird”, but since Ford is super annoying with their copyrighted names (wouldn’t let Tesla call it the Model E, even tho Ford hasn’t actually had a Model E in production ever) and will literally sue anyone who tries to make profit of them; LDR decided to rename the track Text Book. That way it has the same initials (TB) within the fan base as what she initially intended. 

Thunderbird would actually have made for a better title, and the Ford thing would explain it ended up being other thing. Thank you a lot for the answer!

21 minutes ago, sjatib said:

From my perspective, we see the thread of the text book reappear in the chorus when she sings "let's re-write history." Her own personal history and the history of the world have been ingrained in text books, more often than not histories that have been passed down by the "victors," and she's attempting to reconcile with that fact while also wanting to continually reshape and reforge her own story. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.