Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

The way Text Book, Blue Banisters, and Arcadia contain her best songwriting and vocal performances ever. And they are all sequenced to OPEN the album — wow. What a perfect start to what will likely be the deepest dive into her life yet. 

Are we gonna talk about the fact that she's been teasing the use of Latin horns since the White Mustang video. Yea it's over for us, this is what she's wanted to do for a long time. And all of the bs from the past year pushed her to a breaking point. Ladies and gentlemen, the REVENGE OF LANA DEL REY

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

24 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

whoa this song could've so easily slipped into honeymoon :lange: 

2bh her evolution since HM has been gradual compared to BTD-UV-HM and AKA if you want to throw that in too

you could make a compilation summing up her career since HM and i think it could sound like a competent album

The middle section (Black Bathing Suit -> If You Lie Down with Me -> Beautiful -> Violets for Roses) will be a ride. Erickson's work on Titanic Rising was monumental so I can't wait for his production on these songs. The interlude seems to introduce a new direction unless she's trolling us (which is entirely plausible lol). Now watch a simple title track like Beautiful turn out to be the magnum opus of the album completely out of nowhere. Zach co-writing If You Lie Down with Me probably means that this alleged UV outtake (I still think it's a completely new track though despite the Barrie credit; they did have a session a few months ago and this must be it if CB and NOTG haven't been touched) must have been completely reworked and I do trust him. 

Btw I'll never trust insiders again. Didn't boz say that the album was just a collection of "pretty ballads"? Ma'am, The Trio and Dealer wouldn't agree with you. 

I actually had totally forgot the other 3 songs came out, I thought they were ok at the time I think but never really listened to them again and then couldn't remember they existed until I read people talking about them there.

I really like Arcadia though and am excited again to hear the rest,