Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

out of all the covers I def think the tractor one is the prettiest (gonna use it for my BB demos album), but the one she chose for streaming fits the album the best imo. It's so perfect. The color, the border, Lana AND the dogs serving melancholy like it's really one of her best covers.

qfrWuBl.png

1 minute ago, TrashMagiq said:

the one she chose for streaming fits the album the best imo. It's so perfect. The color, the border, Lana AND the dogs serving melancholy like it's really one of her best covers.

literally. it’s so regal and serious, and shows the atmosphere and attitude of the album perfectly. ugh i love it so much

on the topic of album covers, who is gonna email daddy neil and get him to share the alt covers in UHQ, and also untagged :flutter:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

5 minutes ago, MJA said:

I saw someone here or on Twitter mention that her fifth track have been mid tempo/up tempo bops (Diet Mountain Dew, West Coast, HBTB, Doin’ Time). Between the interlude and the fifth position let’s hope!

fffuuuuuckk you're RIGHT omg omg omg :hype:

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

13 минут назад mlittle11 сказал:

Лана и Барри заставляют мое сердце таять:wub: это так вдохновляет видеть, как они работают вместе после всех этих лет и делают это любезно. Интересно, были ли те фотографии на ее ig, которые, как мы думали, были Барри, на самом деле теперь, когда мы знаем, что они провели некоторое время вместе.

но в любом случае... я не пришел сюда вчера из-за безумного количества пользователей, это было немного подавляющим. но я прочитал много ваших постов, и это так здорово, что мы все испытаем это вместе. Аркадия - одна из моих любимых баллад из Ланы, она такая красивая, дерзкая и милая. и интерлюдия просто безумна, я не могу дождаться, чтобы увидеть, как звучит Черный купальник. Я так взволнован этим альбомом. Я действительно сомневался, смогу ли я все еще попасть в музыку Ланас в направлении, в котором она шла, но она на 100% привлекла меня обратно. музыка этой эпохи имеет очарование и магию, которые были ее старые вещи, но на этот раз она более зрелая.

In those photos on her insta was (probably) her new boyfriend she was seen with recently. mikehermosa - his instagram 

That Russian translation.:deadbanana:

For some reason Arcadia didn't click with me the way I wanted on the first listen but today I listened to it like 20 times already. I'm so hyped for this album even with all unreleased tracks on it.

1 hour ago, Ultra Violet said:

WAIT the thing barrie shared on his story:

"She's an alchemist. She turns pain into magic"

it's a line from his new album that's coming out next month.. he also posted the lyrics "you're snooping around, and you're cutting things down, with your spells and your magic and your underground frown, imagining some scribbles to terrify the town" and i can't help thinking it might be about lana.. could related to the bridge of the blackest day / 24.. but i'm probably overthinking it bc i love honeymoon too much LOL

also speaking of barrie can you guys go watch the video of him singing to a recording of a song (on his instagram story) ?? at the beginning it sounds like lana's voice in the recording very quietly right ?? maybe it's from BB

I've come to the conclusion that the reason why Dealer hasn't leaked in HQ, it's because nobody has it. They only have the old demo, same as the other songs (the ones Lana submitted way back) :oprah3:

In my mind, Dealer is solo (that's why Miles isn't credited) and the other songs were reworked. That's how my fantasy works and I've made peace with it. :oprah3:

And even if they weren't reworked, I'll rework them myself :oprah3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

6 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

Yes ...but I was hoping someone with more musical knowledge than me could shed some light on the differences in two versions..

Like what key are each in and are her vocals different..

??

Maybe our queen @plastiscguy could help ?

I haven't had the time to check, honestly. But I'll give it a shot later! 

What I did notice, it's that they're slightly different (the first time I watched the video) the video version sounds like the teaser Lana shared two months ago. My guess is, that they decided to remaster the song (or work on it a little more) after the video was made, and that's why they sound different? 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I've been listening to Lana's music since 2012 and i can definitely say she still has kept the same charm and magic (as some other users above said), plus her lyricism has improved A LOT in the past years and the few tracks we currently have off of BB encapsulate that so well :wub: I'm so excited for this album and the rest of the tracks :smile3:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Thinking about how Ultraviolence was about Barrie and how down she was during that era, I mean like that album isn’t the most cherry thing lol

and now they’re working together?!?!? Icons truly wish they got back together especially after all this personal growth 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

5 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I've come to the conclusion that the reason why Dealer hasn't leaked in HQ, it's because nobody has it. They only have the old demo, same as the other songs (the ones Lana submitted way back) :oprah3:

In my mind, Dealer is solo (that's why Miles isn't credited) and the other songs were reworked. That's how my fantasy works and I've made peace with it. :oprah3:

i also think this because the snippets we got before the leak that were all muffled were most definitely solo :oprah3: it only makes sense

1 minute ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

Thinking about how Ultraviolence was about Barrie and how down she was during that era, I mean like that album isn’t the most cherry thing lol

and now they’re working together?!?!? Icons truly wish they got back together especially after all this personal growth 

They're not working together. Those songs were recorded in 2013

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

9 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

thank you for restoring hope :true:

8 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Well I'm pretty surprised that Lana described the song in multiple interviews and never said Miles featured in it while in the version we have, he's the lead singer. Plus, like you said, he isn't credited as a feature on the tracklist so I don't know. Maybe the leaked version is a demo and she reworked it without the feature afterwards. 

By the way, Miles is the only other person than Lana that's credited for the lyrics. If Lana reworked it without is parts she either rewrote it alone or with Miles. Wait and see.

Where the features credited when she annonced the tracklist for COOC ?

I think with her narrative of this album being about her past and present she wanted to put the Ultraviolence outtakes to get an UV redemption in some way, just stating how important that period of her life was and how it reflects on who she is today 

Time to leak WW, BB, TB and Arcadia's instrumentals don't you think? :oprah3:

2 minutes ago, saith said:

Where the features credited when she annonced the tracklist for COOC ?

Yes in the credits and later on iTunes

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy