Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, woolridges said:
  Hide contents

the crypto forever line is one of my favorite lines ❤️ as far as i can tell shes already envisioning the stupid and cute shit her niece will do and what their normal life as a family will look like. i thought it was sweet

Spoiler

The crypto / iPhone 11 line really gives me the greatest vibes 

Spoiler

:toofunny:

faSE.gif

2 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

after listening to the new songs multiple times…. i have to say that these songs dont reflect lanas best writing. i think the melodys n production are absolutely genius but “grenadine quarantine i like you a lot…. if this is the end i want a boyfriend to eat ice cream with and watch television” and “the girls are running round in summer dresses with their masks off and it makes me so happy” and “dont tell me to be glad when im sad i really hate that” and “babe lilac heaven after your iphone 11, crypto forever screams your stupid boyfriend” …. idk if its just me but it sounds so “beginner” lana is an amazing writer so this is disappointing to me. dont get me wrong, its not ALL the lyrics, there really are some amazing lyrics on the new songs we got but i find myself cringing quite a lot n its upsetting. 

about the lyrics on the new songs:

Lmao all the stuff you said are pretty much direct lyrics, like, no metaphors or whatsoever. It’s just her directly telling you what’s up. 
Also, don’t forget that SC was written by her, Chuck and Alana. 
Are those lyrics you mentioned the best thing she has written? No lmao but are they bad/cringe? Still no. But to each their own, ig

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

2 minutes ago, woolridges said:
  Reveal hidden contents

the crypto forever line is one of my favorite lines ❤️ as far as i can tell shes already envisioning the stupid and cute shit her niece will do and what their normal life as a family will look like. i thought it was sweet

Spoiler

yes i definitely see that but i think its gonna age like milk :toofunny: 

7 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:
  Hide contents

after listening to the new songs multiple times…. i have to say that these songs dont reflect lanas best writing. i think the melodys n production are absolutely genius but “grenadine quarantine i like you a lot…. if this is the end i want a boyfriend to eat ice cream with and watch television” and “the girls are running round in summer dresses with their masks off and it makes me so happy” and “dont tell me to be glad when im sad i really hate that” and “babe lilac heaven after your iphone 11, crypto forever screams your stupid boyfriend” …. idk if its just me but it sounds so “beginner” lana is an amazing writer so this is disappointing to me. dont get me wrong, its not ALL the lyrics, there really are some amazing lyrics on the new songs we got but i find myself cringing quite a lot n its upsetting. 

Spoiler

We have some stans who think the new songs are written like some Shakespearean writer. But yeah in reality a lot of the writing isn’t fantastic and cringy, some of it is repetitive and sounds recycled. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, Yosemite said:

Lmao all the stuff you said are pretty much direct lyrics, like, no metaphors or whatsoever. It’s just her directly telling you what’s up. 
Also, don’t forget that SC was written by her, Chuck and Alana. 
Are those lyrics you mentioned the best thing she has written? No lmao but are they bad/cringe? Still no. But to each their own, ig

Spoiler

theyre also very narrative on events happening right now in the world that are starting to fizzle out so theyre going to be outdated soon. maybe she wanted to create a time capsule but either way i cringe when i hear it n i dont think its a smart move to talk about events like that in music thats supposed to live forever. thats why so many of the songs on lust for life are weird to listen to now. theyre not timeless if that makes sense. and as for the direct lyrics, lana very rarely used to use such simple writing in her music and thats what made it so interesting. so hearing lyrics that dont sound “lana” n that anyone could write is disappointing. shes bound to not be amazing on every line but the examples i gave in my last post get the point across. 

16 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:
  Hide contents

the lyrics are so camp !!

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

16 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

6 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:
  Hide contents

We have some stans who think the new songs are written like some Shakespearean writer. But yeah in reality a lot of the writing isn’t fantastic and cringy, some of it is repetitive and sounds recycled. 

im genuinely starting to think sometimes she just writes a poem and then turns it into a song

and noah fence but .. her poetry is extremely hit or miss

RVhKIwP.gif

38 minutes ago, West Coast said:
  Hide contents

I was also asked by a few people about what the booklet looked like. I know the album isn't technically out everywhere, but since I legally purchased the album I decided to give this a go and scanned the whole thing:

Hide contents

ByWwy02.jpg
6twFvkD.jpg

xFhWcl1.jpg
BBWxP3m.jpg

SJMzZ7U.jpg
AZ6LePU.jpg

Hide contents

Credits:

Hide contents

K0WrlwF.jpg

Spoiler

What songs are the sheets for? :oprah4:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Spoiler

Been listening to the album more carefully since yesterday. It's her weirdest, most chaotic one, undoubtedly. Still her most organic and aesthetically cohesive up there with HM and Ultraviolence too, though. Her most mature, honest lyrics as well, may people like them more or less. 

About the critics, they probably will go on and give it some mediocre score as they have done with all of her best (yes, I dont think NFR belongs to that category), and say some cringy stuff about how it is "good but not on NFR -hEr TrUE MaStErPiEcE- level" or something on that vein.

Anyway, she's given us another treasure to hold dearly and keep carefully. Thanks, again, Lana, for the inmense beauty.

if her songs were pop-oriented radio songs, then her lyrics with very specific socio-cultural vernacular and references might not feel as "timeless", but i don't think that's the case with lana: e.g. the song 'the greatest' is situated v much in a time and place and still feels so timeless and nostalgic, and that's due to both the tone and meaning of the song, and i think it'll be the same for the songs on blue banisters

mUENGN9.png

14 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:
  Hide contents

theyre also very narrative on events happening right now in the world that are starting to fizzle out so theyre going to be outdated soon. maybe she wanted to create a time capsule but either way i cringe when i hear it n i dont think its a smart move to talk about events like that in music thats supposed to live forever. thats why so many of the songs on lust for life are weird to listen to now. theyre not timeless if that makes sense. and as for the direct lyrics, lana very rarely used to use such simple writing in her music and thats what made it so interesting. so hearing lyrics that dont sound “lana” n that anyone could write is disappointing. shes bound to not be amazing on every line but the examples i gave in my last post get the point across. 

Spoiler

well there are very few songs of her that are going to be outdated at some point. all the cultural references on btd, "kanye west is blonde and gone" "the most famous woman you know on the ipad" etc etc. i think she can sing about these things and tbh it's not like we are forgetting about this pandemic in 5 years. i do think some of these lyrics are kinda cringy though from what i've seen here but i'm judging when i listen to the album

I think I listened to some weird LQ version of the songs because some how Cherry Blossom and LL sounded higher quality than the new songs. Anyway I still loved every song on the album on my first full listen. Can’t wait to listen again in HQ on Friday especially hearing that the streaming versions may be different. 

20 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Lmao wym? She’s had lyrics like this since forever :toofunny:

And what you said abt some songs on LFL, they seem weird to you, and might even seem weird to others, but they don’t to some. This is purely subjective, it’s your opinion vs my opinion, so there’s no point in this, but yeah. I still don’t find that particular line on VFR cringe, she’s just telling you what happened/how she felt when she saw it. And there’s nothing wrong abt that, it’s a song abt hope, abt being in a bad mindset/situation and overcoming it, at least to me :oprah3:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

1 hour ago, West Coast said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I was also asked by a few people about what the booklet looked like. I know the album isn't technically out everywhere, but since I legally purchased the album I decided to give this a go and scanned the whole thing:

Reveal hidden contents

ByWwy02.jpg
6twFvkD.jpg

xFhWcl1.jpg
BBWxP3m.jpg

SJMzZ7U.jpg
AZ6LePU.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Credits:

Reveal hidden contents

K0WrlwF.jpg

I think you’re missing two pages, aren’t you?

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

her tech references always remind me of LFL's Love mv, n reminds me how tech's always changing our world pretty proficiently, n then the nature of how humanity consumes and goes further with it and changes n serves as reminders of how tech's a two way street. it's kinda like a vacuum, n practically speaking the tech refs'll be cute to look back on later in life really. 

UV/Honeymoon