Elle

Blue Banisters - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Blue Banisters  

865 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Blue Banisters?

• Text Book
    • Blue Banisters
    • Arcadia
    • Interlude - The Trio
    • Black Bathing Suit
    • If You Lie Down With Me
    • Beautiful
    • Violets for Roses
    • Dealer
    • Thunder
    • Wildflower Wildfire
    • Nectar of the Gods
    • Living Legend
    • Cherry Blossom
    • Sweet Carolina

I think she'll be back on tour in 2023

1.jpgย  3.jpgย ย 2.jpgย 

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

After two weeks on repeat, I have some questions:

- Is the truck the guy in Violets wanted in exchange for Roses the same as in Bartender?ย :assad:

- is Angelina an unborn child she had in the past? (The song becomes spookily interesting if you listen to it like the kid is a ghost)ย :assad:

- did Chuck end up havingย Baby blues after Phoenix was born?ย :assad:

- is there a third and perfect version of Beautiful, combining the perfect piano of the official release and the strings of the ยซ demo ยป version that leaked?ย :assad:
ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

This is a very interesting take, and I somewhat agree when you consider a few things.

ย 

Spoiler

1)ย Thatย song she sang years ago (the one that shall not be named), I'm not sure if you're aware of it but it gives your comment some validity

2) Perhaps Lana felt it was important to put the song on the album given that Chuck was expecting (so in a way, Sweet Carolina and CB intertwine with each other which also explains the placement on the tracklist) - both about babies? Motherhood? Baby blues?

3) Angelina def sounds like a name Lana would name her kid (Lana is religious and likes angel imagery for example). I'm not sure if she knows anyone IRL with the name? We can only speculateย 

ย 

Overall the CB lyrics have always intrigued me. For all we know she could have written the song about JonBenet Ramsey (beauty queen/lana) etc which is a funny stretch but hey, you never know!

โ™กย ย standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heavenย โ™ก

22 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

ย 

I mean I did but I'm not building high expectations on it because what if they're working togetherย for kanye or something :bebe:

The last time Emile and Mike worked together on the same track for Kanye was 2010 from what I can find, so I've decided to ride that delusion train until it eitherย crashes and burns or makes it to it's destinationย :pussypower:

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย imageproxy.jpg

Just heard Beautifulย with strings for the first time and Iโ€™ll never forgiveย Lana for not including this version on the albumย :rollin:

The solo piano version isย one of my "least favourite"ย songs on the album (actually love them all), but the version with strings is gorgeous!!

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

6 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

So what is this BBS line about: "Your interest really made stacks out of it for me."ย 

ย 

she's referring to the rise of Lana Del Rey and the way the media and public has scrutinized every single thing she does and says, because of their interest in her, it made her a lot of money.ย 

ย 

stacks = moneyย 

faSE.gif

6 minutes ago, your dealer said:

ย 

she's referring to the rise of Lana Del Rey and the way the media and public has scrutinized every single thing she does and says, because of their interest in her, it made her a lot of money.ย 

ย 

stacks = moneyย 

ย 

Got it-----Thanks!ย 

1 hour ago, ShadesOfFool said:

MY BODYS A TEMPLE, MY HEART IS ONE TOO:grinds:

THE ONLY THING THAT STILL FITS ME IS THIS BLACK BATHING SUITย :sluttybunny:

ย 

If You Lie Down With Me isย soย 70s lounge-chic (and then launches into a 30s saloon moment with that brassy postlude). Iย think itโ€™s one of my absolute favourites. That song,ย Text Book, and Nectar of the Gods, in my opinion, carry the most apparent western influences that make me think in the vein of Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwoodโ€™s original recordings together. Thereโ€™s just something so hazy and glamorous, but thoughtful about those three tracks. The richness and warmth of Lanaโ€™s vocals when she first says, โ€œput your red boots on..โ€ย :wowcry:

33 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Just heard Beautifulย with strings for the first time and Iโ€™ll never forgiveย Lana for not including this version on the albumย :rollin:

The solo piano version isย one of my "least favourite"ย songs on the album (actually love them all), but the version with strings is gorgeous!!

It truly is gorgeousโ€ฆ however, the piano melody is the best on the official version. She needs to combine the two!!!ย 

guys! Dealer almost reach 5M streams

Keep streamingย :oprah:

@WHORE OF TROPICO ย  โ‡จ ย  @SALVAWHOREย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFsย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon โ€” ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

ย