Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

I feel indifferent with Jack. I've wanted a VB 2.0 from them since its release but I don't see it coming anytime soon (or ever). I consider it a career high in the likes of Video Games and West Coast. She hasn't made a 2.0 for those either and I'm not really sure if she wants to. That's what makes them special though. Jack is also quite unpredictable, songs like Amoeba by Clairo have straight up boogie/funk moments in while his latest song with Florence is straight up alt rock and even some post punk. I think the safest guess would be something like the Blue Bannisters title track as I'm pretty sure that's one of the more recent songs she wrote on the album. I don't see her leaving the COCC/BB sound anytime soon.

sgopYhV.gif

Gosh I really want her to use the line 

“carry me up the stairs…”

it’s such a sweet lyric I love it so much. 

The teasing from Rob tells me that something is coming soon CAUSE I hope he isn’t like Lana where teasing means a year of waiting :crai:

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

2 minutes ago, Chemtrailslana said:

I understand why people aren’t thrilled she’s working with Jack again but the production quality of the new songs on blue banisters is way worse than anything Jack would ever do

no i respectfully disagree 

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

the production on text book, blue banisters, black bathing suit, dealer & violets for roses (despite some people’s reservations for it) are some of the best of lana’s career

the only jack-produced lana songs that compare in my opinion are cocc, venice bitch & maybe dark but just a game

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

6 minutes ago, Chemtrailslana said:

I understand why people aren’t thrilled she’s working with Jack again but the production quality of the new songs on blue banisters is way worse than anything Jack would ever do

although i prefer jack's work with lana, i wouldn't say the production quality of blue banisters is bad at all, text book, blue banisters, & black bathing suit all sound really great, also the piano work is more rich & full compared to jack's

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

20 minutes ago, Chemtrailslana said:

Respectfully disagree with this take. NFR's mixing is terrible, except for a few key tracks; it's very much giving compressed demo at times.

On BB, except for the leaked songs that were apparently ripped off YouTube, the album actually sounds quite pristine.

I hope that for LDR9 she doesn't go back to that sorta demo-like sound she nurtured on the two Jack albums.

22 minutes ago, Chemtrailslana said:

???

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

As both a Chemtrails and Blue Banisters enjoyer, I feel kind of caught in the middle of this debate. On one hand, the piano on Blue Banisters sounds so much more alive than it does on Chemtrails (and NFR at certain points). On the other, I prefer Chemtrails on a personal level and think that it has a lot to offer. All I know is that I really want Jack to try out some more jazzy and/or Venice Bitch-esque stuff with Lana :true: Also, I hope Lana brings Dan Heath back again like she did for the Chemtrails title track

imageproxy.jpg

Idc who she works with but we NEED a fiery powerful surf summer drugs hot beachy waves leather sex drugs love passion live fast die young rock grunge trip hop sunset Miami tropical lonely depressive psychedelic album. I feel like the further she gets into her career, the further away we get from a really saucy album. we know girlie has so much shit she’s already made w Jack, TLSP, etc…. I just want something to get down to that I can also drunkenly cry to that I can also blast in the car that I can also smoke a cigarette to and vibe with…… 

Basically im saying I want a UV-NFR hybrid on steroids. Asap. Injected into my veins.

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

5 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

when did kali uchis mention a lana collab?? bcs eveveryones mentioning it

If I remember correctly, it was during a livestream in 2021, and one of the admins (Elle, I believe?) made a thread for it on LB when it happened. 

I always have a hard time using the search feature on LB, but the topic should be there somewhere!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

every time someone reminds me about a potential Kali collab… whewwwwwww girl… FUCK ME UPPPPPPP!!!!!

Imagine a track list with “bombastic Jack songs”, Kali & ASAP collabs (imagine a sza one too tho…), TLSP session stuff and the obligatory rob piano closer.

Album of the decade

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

14 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

Idc who she works with but we NEED a fiery powerful surf summer drugs hot beachy waves leather sex drugs love passion live fast die young rock grunge trip hop sunset Miami tropical lonely depressive psychedelic album. I feel like the further she gets into her career, the further away we get from a really saucy album. we know girlie has so much shit she’s already made w Jack, TLSP, etc…. I just want something to get down to that I can also drunkenly cry to that I can also blast in the car that I can also smoke a cigarette to and vibe with…… 

Basically im saying I want a UV-NFR hybrid on steroids. Asap. Injected into my veins.

4 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

every time someone reminds me about a potential Kali collab… whewwwwwww girl… FUCK ME UPPPPPPP!!!!!

ill-have-what-shes-having.gif

40 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

Exactly :oprah:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆