Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, cinnamongirI said:

the 4 albums you’re talking about are very different 

sure but you can't tell me that cocc to blue banisters is as different as born to die to ultraviolence... yes she is changing here and there but she's still in her comfort zone bubble, that snippet could absolutely fit on blue banisters or cocc or even nfr. i'm not asking for a pop perfection radio friendly era but she needs to start reinventing her sound way more if she wants us to keep interest

14 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

the 4 albums you’re talking about are very different 

no but the last two are legit almost the same, enough i was able to combine the two into one album and it’s just as cohesive as COCC and BB separate 

negAbhB.png

25 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Here comes her Reggae / Polka album produced by Michael Bay…

:crying5:

i would rather have that than cocc 3.0 / bb 2.0

not that i don't like either record i actually love both quite a lot but i don't want her keep repeating the same GENERAL sound

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

this is going to be a complete counterpoint in how it's not really been so discussed is that. is anyone even really here for her music anymore? the soundscape's been adopted, and we've so many replicants of her artistry trying to be sold by glossy artists that probably don't even know the earthy struggle that she's paved for herself. 

we've got fans confused and bored looking for something else dissonant. 

so when u strip everything down, something that can't be taken away from her. is really, her. but what does that mean when the times have already been feeling like writing her off? 
that explains her coolness for letting her fans go

she's incredibly involved, smart, grounded and caring but w her departure, it makes u wonder if the next record is going to off-put even more fans. if they already haven't. 

i do hope she gets eventual recognition, more of it for the nurture she's provided. i think some of us have always known that the music's been a reflection of her world that we somehow fell in love with. maybe not so aware, or sort of on the fringes of that alternatively, but back to the point in how i think she's going to be a lot more comfortable and relaxed in her music more. and in that sense, probably more exploration and diversifying of styles for us fans, but what i'm really personally, additionally excited for, is how we'll hopefully get to see more of how she might be more focused on her. and if we're lucky, in how she'll share some of that with us. 

that's what i see right now, at least. 

i do hope that we get to hear some more movie soundtrack song collaborations among her other projects in the works. 

UV/Honeymoon

1 minute ago, Diamantes said:

this is going to be a complete counterpoint in how it's not really been so discussed is that. is anyone even really here for her music anymore? the soundscape's been adopted, and we've so many replicants of her artistry trying to be sold by glossy artists that probably don't even know the earthy struggle that she's paved for herself. 

we've got fans confused and bored looking for something else dissonant. 

so when u strip everything down, something that can't be taken away from her. is really, her. but what does that mean when the times have already been feeling like writing her off? 
that explains her coolness for letting her fans go

she's incredibly involved, smart, grounded and caring but w her departure, it makes u wonder if the next record is going to off-put even more fans. if they already haven't. 

i do hope she gets eventual recognition, more of it for the nurture she's provided. i think some of us has always known that the music's been a reflection of her world that we somehow fell in love with. maybe not so aware, or sort of on the fringes of that alternatively, but back to the point in how i think she's going to be a lot more comfortable and relaxed in her music more. and in that sense, probably more exploration and diversifying of styles for us fans, but what i'm really personally, additionally excited for, is how we'll hopefully get to see more of how she might be more focused on her. and if we're lucky, in how she'll share some of that with us. 

that's what i see right now, at least. 

i do hope that we get to hear some more movie soundtrack song collaborations among her other projects in the works. 

yeah i agree with this

i'm not really off put by her recent work i actually quite enjoy it i just think it's time for a newer sound wherever that goes

right now she seems to be going in a bit of a country direction

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

14 minutes ago, the ocean said:

yeah i agree with this

i'm not really off put by her recent work i actually quite enjoy it i just think it's time for a newer sound wherever that goes

right now she seems to be going in a bit of a country direction

I actually really do love what she’s put out so far, organically. It’s a full perspective. So for me, i think it’ll just hopefully get better w more releases. But, at the same time, it’s also a fact that there’s been lots of growth that’s progressed up to this point. 

Some kind of vein around lmlylaw would be personally welcomed. Im still enjoying the complexity of bb so i wouldnt really mind the wait. 

i really do think that he music’s sort of changed or was aiming to change how someone listens to music. And that’s another thing of her staying ahead of the curve. 

UV/Honeymoon

i am currently trying to manifest the following collaborations: 

Melanie

Marina

Mitski

Allie X

Doja Cat

Troye Sivan

giphy.gif