Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

I was trying to find what's (in my opinion) each Lana album's nexus song (like tracks that are reminiscent about the previous record or hint about the sound of the next one) and I determined UV is her most different album in her (released) discography cause I can't link anything from there :gasp:

BTD - Cola - Paradise - (?) - UV - (?) - HM - Heroin - LFL - Change - NFR - HIADT - Chemtrails - LMLYLAW - BB

The last albums were also "hard" cause I think ever since she released Change she made clear her partial transition into a more singer songwriter style so it was all a continuous change instead of a bigger jump in sound.

As for the future... I hope we get another UV situation where it's something completely different. If it's a more gradual evolution I hope she picks up on the chaotic side of BB instead of just the confessional stuff. I also really liked her sampling Enio's music cause it set a nice vibe for a couple of songs.

Spoiler

Sorry for being slightly off topic cause I wrote this in the random Lana discussion thread but as I found myself rambling and speculating about LDR9 (yet again) I decided I might as well just put it here :hide:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

@DragonWhore, become our new lustforlife, wont you?

I would like to be new lfl cause I have connections, somebody who is priviliged enough to being in high pedestal and having info:creepna3:

Though an interview suggests she doesn’t anymore, Lana has mentioned that she would decorate the studio to help reflect what she’s recording…or even bring small, special objects while writing. 

Has anyone noticed anything in the studio Insta/Twitter pics we’ve seen? Maybe there’s a little glimpse at what the vibe for LDR9 is:brows:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I forgot to wrote but I had a dream this night. Lana followed on IG creative directors(?) of Interview, i-D, W Magazine and page of Rolling Stone magazine. I had cover of Rolling Stone also too. It was 2020's version of GQ nude shoot but Lana had pink eyeshadow with blue eyeliner:defeated:

Just now, palemoonbaby said:

I forgot to wrote but I had a dream this night. Lana followed on IG creative directors(?) of Interview, i-D, W Magazine and page of Rolling Stone magazine. I had cover of Rolling Stone also too. It was 2020's version of GQ nude shoot but Lana had pink eyeshadow with blue eyeliner:defeated:

I’m listening to The Rolling Stones right now!

You must be the new LustforLife…

:ma:

IMG-3521.jpg

2 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

As for the future... I hope we get another UV situation where it's something completely different.

reminded me of how the transition from paradise to UV had me in shambles when i was ending middle school and starting high school...

anyway i really hope we can get that kind of jump in sound again

especially from her current work (more so with jack - which isn’t bad or anything it’s just become really familiar to a point where a lot of it feels.. the same old kinda thing)

*BB is very cute too but it doesn’t feel that unique as an album 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

12 minutes ago, Escapism said:

reminded me of how the transition from paradise to UV had me in shambles when i was ending middle school and starting high school... 

anyway i really hope we can get that kind of jump in sound again - especially from her current work (especially with jack - which isn’t bad it’s just become really familiar to a point where a lot of it feels.. the same old kinda thing) 

LDR9 is Produced by Tove Lo, But still sounds like a Lana record, But a bunch more Synth, Mike Dean is in and out of it..

:beyonce:

Keyword:

PULSE

IMG-3521.jpg

2 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I was trying to find what's (in my opinion) each Lana album's nexus song (like tracks that are reminiscent about the previous record or hint about the sound of the next one) and I determined UV is her most different album in her (released) discography cause I can't link anything from there :gasp:

BTD - Cola - Paradise - (?) - UV - (?) - HM - Heroin - LFL - Change - NFR - HIADT - Chemtrails - LMLYLAW - BB

If I had to choose a song from BB, I would want it to be Wildflower Wildfire's sound.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

17 minutes ago, Thoth said:

If I had to choose a song from BB, I would want it to be Wildflower Wildfire's sound.

I agree! For me, if I had to transfer over some vibe to LDR9, it would be WFWF, Dealer, and the outros to BB/TB

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Though an interview suggests she doesn’t anymore, Lana has mentioned that she would decorate the studio to help reflect what she’s recording…or even bring small, special objects while writing. 

Has anyone noticed anything in the studio Insta/Twitter pics we’ve seen? Maybe there’s a little glimpse at what the vibe for LDR9 is:brows:

I think there were some guitars (or a bass) and someone said something like "it's probably decoration don't get your hopes up" so maybe we're all right in the end :hide:

giphy.gif

My dears, I assure you that when I’m able to stare more details with you hoes, I will. 

Off to take my afternoon hike up Runyon. Love you all. 

I’m mostly wondering how « far » she is in the process of this album. Is she feeling it’s coming together and she is almost done writing /recording it, or she feels like she is still in the process of it all, in the « middle ». Is there a planned release date or is it just mere « coming later later »? I know that Lana is Lana and that her creative process is very « unstable » and has its shifts, but still. 

8 minutes ago, DragonWhore said:

My dears, I assure you that when I’m able to stare more details with you hoes, I will. 

Off to take my afternoon hike up Runyon. Love you all. 

girl i am 15 minutes away from runyon i would come yell at u for lying to all these ppl in person if i wasn't about to sleep :crossed:

I don't mind if the album is more tame balladry, I just want inventive melodies and chords back in the mix. Beautiful and VFR are the epitome imo of what is a "boring" ballad: predictable structure, rhymes, melodies, progression. Imagine if she could serve something like this 

or even the original: