drewby

Lana covering "Buddy's Rendezvous" on Father John Misty's new album - OUT: April 8th, 2022

There’s a snippet in the background, one of the first FJM teased for this album and it sounds very much like Buddy’s Rendezvous… I usually don’t like sax, except in jazz music, and this track is shaping up to be one of her jazziest :raven:

4 hours ago, hotshot2am said:

Apparently the whole album leaked. Does anyone know if it includes Lana's cover?

Not from what I have seen. If her version ends up being exactly like his, then you can at least get an idea of how it is going to sound though. Also he is worse than Lana. It leaked like 2 months early lol.

I'm pretty sure Lana's cover is exactly the same, as the snippet is literally using the same instrumental (no variation, same key) so :ma:

However, I must admit Lana's version sounded way more interesting

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

:rip: i cant even find the leak, i rly thought it was gonna be on the cursed site but well

can smn describe buddys rendezvous pls cuz lanas snippet sounds gorgeous i wanna know how the entire song sounds like although its FJM singing

edit: nvm found it and its sooo pretty i cant wait to hear lanas version

image.png

7 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

:rip: i cant even find the leak, i rly thought it was gonna be on the cursed site but well

can smn describe buddys rendezvous pls cuz lanas snippet sounds gorgeous i wanna know how the entire song sounds like although its FJM singing

Spoiler

It's jazzy, lounge-y and ethereal, I like the song, but I think Lana's version is going to be better because based off of the snippet her vocals sound amazing, not that FJM's weren't good, but Lana's voice is top notch.The production is gorgeous as well. :bliss:

4 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

It's very chill, slow and quiet. Very relaxing, mysterious and charming too! 

However, based on the snippet Lana songs the chorus differently, I'm not sure how to explain it :um3: 

Spoiler

Also, surprised it isn't on that site, I'd check again soon just in case, I'm sure someone will eventually upload them, if not someone must have tweeted about it? :um2:

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

Hide contents

It's jazzy, lounge-y and ethereal, I like the song, but I think Lana's version is going to be better because based off of the snippet her vocals sound amazing. The production is gorgeous. :bliss:

yesss i just listened and its very pretty

but lanas adlibs and what shes doing with the melody is more interesting to me

i cant wait oof

image.png

7 minutes ago, Thoth said:

I hope it won’t be vinyl-exclusive and it will be on streaming platforms.

Apparently, it is... so we'll have to wait for a vinyl rip or for someone to leak it :toofunny: 

5 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

Apparently, it is... so we'll have to wait for a vinyl rip or for someone to leak it :toofunny: 

...you better be kidding 😭

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

On 2/10/2022 at 9:16 AM, plastiscguy said:

vinyl rips should be good quality if done right tho. lana herself has it digitally so i wouldn't be shocked if there's a full version out there digitally

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole