Nobody

Queen Elizabeth II has died

47 minutes ago, slut4davegahan said:

I don't care about the troubles. It didn't affect me. As far as I'm concerned the troubles mean nothing to me. And you know what, I'm not gonna spend the next three hours living in anger over something that didn't affect me. 

They toppled it because they were rioters.

Can only assume you really privileged, personally the monarchy represents something very dark to me and most of the other Irish people around me 

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

9 minutes ago, gasstationkween said:

Can only assume you really privileged, personally the monarchy represents something very dark to me and most of the other Irish people around me 

My fellow Irish people also represent something dark to me. Remember the IRA? Blowing up all those buildings and assassinations for what?

Every side has their moments.

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

2 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

This thread is wild

Who knew a little old lady could cause such a stir on a music site 

I blame the lack of information about LDR9.

giphy.gif

Obviously it’s never nice when anyone dies but I’m not exactly mourning her after everything she and her family have done/didn’t do to the British public and the rest of the world. I’m especially not going to criticise the people in India, First Nations, etc… for celebrating the death of their oppressor who is responsible for the suffering and murder of millions and the complete desecration of their culture

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

34 minutes ago, Tropico Angel said:

Obviously it’s never nice when anyone dies but I’m not exactly mourning her after everything she and her family have done/didn’t do to the British public and the rest of the world. I’m especially not going to criticise the people in India, First Nations, etc… for celebrating the death of their oppressor who is responsible for the suffering and murder of millions and the complete desecration of their culture

I mean she’s a pawn? Do you live in the UK? 

The bengal famine was caused by Churchill-I’m no fan of the queen or the monarchy but she has next to no political power besides the allusion of appproving important decisions. 

colonisation happened for decades before Elizabeth too-she didn’t voice her opinion but you have to review her upbringing.

10 hours ago, baddisease said:

So basically we aren't allowed to criticize a person who had once controlled the world's largest empire? I don't mean to be rude with this, but I don't like that we can't talk about the negative impact she had.

You're allowed to do that, but maybe it's better to create a separate thread where such topics can be discussed more seriously? That's just how I see on it though... and it seems to be too late for that now anyway.

I don't have time to keep an eye on this thread 24/7 so I hope my fellow mods can help with that, but if it escalates, I have a feeling that we might have to lock it.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

11 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

So? That doesn't change what I said. This family is who they are because of centuries-old patriarchal values, and I didn't even touch upon the colonialist plundering and pilfering of countless other nations (and the killing and maiming of said nations' citizens) which was all conducted under the guise of expanding the British Empire for the benefit of mostly (white) men, because I didn't wanna start a fight

:oopna2:

The same is true for the American presidential system, but you can't hold today's presidents responsible for something that happened hundreds of years earlier. Think of the thousands of Native Americans who had their land taken away and died for what is now the United States.

I understand all the frustrations towards monarchy and they are more than legitimate. But I do applause Elizabeth II’s 70 years of service in a period of time when our world has changed the most, a time when she inherited of an old and dying concept that had its legions of skeletons in the closet, having to « embrace » changes coming over the years while maintaining the traditions coming with monarchy. 

5 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

yeah… i think i’m done, this thread is honestly disgusting, i don’t personally take issue with people not liking the queen, the monarchy, etc. i do not like seeing people mocking somebody else’s death, she was still a human-being who had to be the head of her country for 70 years, this isn’t putin, this isn’t trump, it’s just more complicated than that, a lot of people still love her & saw the value of her existence & life, it just feels really insensitive to practically celebrate & make a big fucking joke out of her death, there’s probably a lot of messy shit regarding her & her family, but they’re humans too, her family is suffering from the loss of their mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, & she’s dead, just move forward & forget about it if you don’t like her, if this were some regular person i’m sure nobody would feel the need to say anything, whatever, i don’t even care anymore

It's worse than Putin and Trump, people at least voted for them at some point.

This is an old billionaire who's family should have been removed a long time ago. If they don't want people getting a laugh and mocking the family then they should remove themselves from their position and get to fuck.

15 hours ago, pin up galore said:

what else we gonna do? attend the funeral? 

Her body will be exhibited for a few days before the funeral so technically we could go and see her… :smokes:

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

5 hours ago, Mer said:

Are you for real? How are Putin and Trump (and their supporters) different from a constitutional monarch with no real powers and the people who liked her? It's different in that QEII was a figurehead. Sure she may have been a figurehead of a complicated institution, but did she declare war on anyone? Threaten to launch nukes at anyone? She did not, in her 70 years on the throne, even make a public statement supporting or defying a single political event. She was the closest thing to a totally neutral head of state the world has seen in 70-odd years. 

They're billionaires who have done nothing for nobody except stole money.

Did she give up her wealth, help people, step down from the position and shut the whole thing down, no she done fuckall and she had plenty of time.

5 hours ago, slut4davegahan said:

I'm Irish. And I can guarantee you I don't spend my life in misery thinking about what my ancestors went through. What happened to my ancestors happened in the past and it means little to nothing to me.

I refuse to spend my life crying over events or other things that happened to my ancestors. If it didn't happen to me, IDGAF.