Elle

Snow on the Beach (featuring More Lana Del Rey) to be released on Taylor Swift's 'Midnights' (Til Dawn Edition) - OUT NOW

7 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Still wondering if it’s literal snow or cocaine they’ll be talking about :um2: Taylor doesn’t have a very long drug historic in her songs ( that I can think of)

I can’t picture Taylor singing about drugs (but then again, I’m not too familiar with her songs) so I’m just assuming this will literally be about snow on a beach lol.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

12 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Still wondering if it’s literal snow or cocaine they’ll be talking about :um2: Taylor doesn’t have a very long drug historic in her songs ( that I can think of)

I feel if "taking drugs on/near a beach" were the theme, Lana would basically be featuring on a song too similar thematically to HBTB. I can't imagine Taylor presenting her with that idea and her agreeing, or her suggesting it herself.

Jack likes to recycle, though, so you never know :um:

Maybe it's climate change commentary a la Solar Power

Spoiler

I wonder how many swipes at Jack I can fit in this thread before the song drops :um2:

Taylor said the album is about dreams 'n' stuph so I'm guessing it'll be something abstract

Maybe she plays Animal Crossing because it snows on the beach in the winter :wtf3:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

9 hours ago, zombie girl said:

all of her albums besides born to die, chemtrails, and blue banisters have sold over 100,000 first week and she was bringing in $1,000,000 per show on the LA to the moon arena tour, i mean this in the absolute politest way possible but she was not mostly unknown before 2020

This proves absolutely nothing besides her having a massive fanbase which I already stated-the average Gp person had no idea who Lana was, the only thing that was recognisable was when I played summertime sadness in high school.

i was ready to write an essay but that would take too much effort. anyway, why are some of you shocked that there's people who don't like taylor out there? lol that's literally the most normal thing ever, it happens with every artist :typewriter:

regarding the song itself i don't really care about it, i just hope it's not a boring ballad again bc i had enough of those, however, judging the album by its cover, it looks like it will sound like what jack antonoff does best: 80s-inspired sophisti-synthpop, so that could be exciting :dua: either way i'm not getting my hopes up

2 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

the dispute has long been settled

deshalb-haben-sich-katy-perry-und-taylor

Because Katy sent her a letter asking to settle it. So far, Taylor has not apologized for:

- writing a diss track about her

- purposely shitting on Witness' release week by putting her catalogue back on streaming as a “surprise”

Aside from that, she has been awarded by the Grammy committee, in a rather questionable number of times. While someone like Adele acknowledged that white privilege played into it, Taylor boasted about her own achievement and pulling out statistics during her speech. She knew full well that Kendrick Lamar’s album was the front runner and instead of addressing this rather unfair situation, she trashes another POC artist during an acceptance speech. :) She’s a horrible and self-absorbed person and anyone who can’t see that is easily manipulated by narcissists like her. I unfortunately  had to grow up with a narcissistic father before my parents divorced. I know what they are like, how they act and she checks all the marks.

I think we can talk about the song, if you don't like the collab, you can express your hating freely and publicly. I just find someone hating Taylor said this again and again, then expand this conversation to her personal life. What we should know this is not a critical convention.

This is a music topic, you just say you don't like her music and say everything about music or what the hating points on her music, that's ok and cool. But always concentrating on her personal life or what she had done through your "internet eyes" isn't make any sense under this topic.

27 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Because Katy sent her a letter asking to settle it. So far, Taylor has not apologized for:

- purposely shitting on Witness' release week by putting her catalogue back on streaming as a “surprise”

Aside from that, she has been awarded by the Grammy committee, in a rather questionable number of times. While someone like Adele acknowledged that white privilege played into it, Taylor boasted about her own achievement and pulling out statistics during her speech. She knew full well that Kendrick Lamar’s album was the front runner and instead of addressing this rather unfair situation, she trashes another POC artist during an acceptance speech. :) She’s a horrible and self-absorbed person and anyone who can’t see that is easily manipulated by narcissists like her. I unfortunately  had to grow up with a narcissistic father before my parents divorced. I know what they are like, how they act and she checks all the marks.

I really don't think anyone needs to apologise for releasing material on the same day as someone else, but okay?

If you don't like her music or whatever then fine, but that end paragraph sounds super personal and the truth is none of us actually know her.

39 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

I’ve always found her a bit contrived, she has these really sly eyes and gives off narcissistic vibes.  The Body language she has set’s red flags off in my head for sure.  She’s definitely a very calculating business women.  Let’s not forget she’s ripped off Lana a LOT ..dare I say without Lana 1989 and whatever came after it would likely never have existed. She knows Lana is better than her,  and she has critical success, cult status and praise without even needing to do massive numbers…I think that actually scares her a little.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

not liking taylor's music is one thing but it is not productive to dwell on it. no one is forcing you to listen to this song. lana is not personally victimizing you by doing a song with someone you do not like. i cannot wrap my head around how people are fine with lana collaborating with literal woman abusers yet taylor swift is a step too far for them... just say you hate women & move on.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

13 hours ago, The Love Witch said:

For me, this has nothing to do with mainstream/non-mainstream. I personally just dislike the whole vibe Taylor gives off. The shit she pulled with Katy was the lowest thing ever and even though they made up, she never apologized and it was Katy who had to actually ask to end the feud (even though she wasn't the aggressor).

She literally had an army of models, whom she called the "Tay Squad" who would act as social media bodyguards for her. :biblio: She has repeatedly encouraged her fans to bully people she had a personal problem with. She is someone with a massive victim complex, who likes to trash people publicly, encourages bullying and acts as a fucking saint in the public eye.

This...she is very annoying and has a very flawed personality but thanks to her whiteness and good marketing and mid songwriting abilities she somewhat covers up that....either way exicited for sotb, hopefully we get some news about lanas new album after this

1 hour ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

i was ready to write an essay but that would take too much effort. anyway, why are some of you shocked that there's people who don't like taylor out there? lol that's literally the most normal thing ever, it happens with every artist :typewriter:

regarding the song itself i don't really care about it, i just hope it's not a boring ballad again bc i had enough of those, however, judging the album by its cover, it looks like it will sound like what jack antonoff does best: 80s-inspired sophisti-synthpop, so that could be exciting :dua: either way i'm not getting my hopes up

its not being shocked that ppl dont like taylor. its just baffling how strong of an opinion (i mean, you were ready tow rite an essay about smth you dislike... like what) some of y'all have about a collab we havent even heard yet and youll never ever hear in your life unless you decide to stream Midnights :deadbanana:

its giving old man yells at cloud

image.png

1 hour ago, Flowerbomb said:

I wonder how many Taylor stans Lana is gonna gain with this collab. This could be good for her

not only fans, but also casual mainstream listeners who unexpectedly come into contact with Lana

26 minutes ago, i talk to jesus said:

not liking taylor's music is one thing but it is not productive to dwell on it. no one is forcing you to listen to this song. lana is not personally victimizing you by doing a song with someone you do not like. i cannot wrap my head around how people are fine with lana collaborating with literal woman abusers yet taylor swift is a step too far for them... just say you hate women & move on.

Fax only

why is everyone angry about this collaboration :eartha2:

this is one of the most iconic things ever and amazing for lana she is collaborating with Taylor Swift also known as one of the most popular singers of this generation (all time even?)

all we can do now is point and laugh

:burn: people hating on icons

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~