Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

18 minutes ago, brandon said:

exactly exactly 

except she already has the anthropology degree, now she’s working on getting a doctorate of law AND a doctorate of philosophy at Harvard… her mind

she needs to release some damn music though

8 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

at HARVARD of all places

she has a valid excuse for not releasing music since she's literally becoming a doctor... and when she does come back... the girls should be scared they absolutely should be terrified

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Wish Lana would do a Q&A or something..a live. She seemed genuinely scared on the last impromptu live Charlie made her do.  Poor women is terrified of the media putting a spin on something. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

The way this album is going to knock off quite a few tracks from this list :lange: Fingertips already knocked off White Dress

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Lana won't ever quit music like even if she wanted to, she'd accidentally go to the studio out of habit and record something and release it :hide:

I don't think she would even take a long break between albums cause she loves her job and since she's almost in full control of her career she can just focus on the music aspect and leave all the other aspects that seem stressful to her aside :true:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

lanaboards: is lana going to quit music after this album? :ohno: 

lana: is already planning out the concepts for ldr10, ldr11, ldr12, and ldr13 :typewriter:

Not to be morbid, but by the time she does quit music, most of us US folks will be dead from the climate crisis or fascism with the way America is going :eartha::awk:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

7 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

The way this album is going to knock off quite a few tracks from this list :lange: Fingertips already knocked off White Dress

It's amazing how none of these on the list seem to be long to listen to. I don't feel all this time go by. They are so complete.

Knowing that ldr9 will have many long tracks is reassuring. I know it won't be only pianos running for 7 minutes. :hdu:

Just now, honeymoonwhore said:

I claim LDR13 as her magnun opus number 3

I see the vision :wowcry:

LDR 11, LDR 12, LDR13 triple album release

People have been saying that every album is Lana's last album and a "goodbye" for years now :eyeroll2: And every time she releases another album a year or two later

imageproxy.jpg

27 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Wish Lana would do a Q&A or something..a live. She seemed genuinely scared on the last impromptu live Charlie made her do.  Poor women is terrified of the media putting a spin on something. 

i'd love her to do an AMA or if she picks a fan to interview her 

Very few musicians who say they're quitting music ever have...they just take a short break, whatever their original intention was and how seriously they meant it.

If you read back through music history, you see that Joni Mitchell said she was retiring from music after she released 'Mingus' in 1979. Less than two years later, she was a back with the mediocre 'Wild Things Run Fast,' and then continued to release a lot of mediocre work in the decades to follow, that, in my opinion, really sullied her 70s reputation as the premier musician of that era. 

Lana will continue to write, and continue to want and need to write and record, and I seriously doubt she has any plan to quit at any given time. As someone said above, she loves her job--I think it was Venice Peach. 

I swear y’all I remember that after COCC’s release I thought she’d go on a longer hiatus and then BOOM BITCH she announced RCS/BB

She’s here to stay and keep us fed and should the hiatus come, she will always have her indisputable legacy :blush3:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

22 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Not to be morbid, but by the time she does quit music, most of us US folks will be dead from the climate crisis or fascism with the way America is going :eartha::awk:

you spilled :bebe:

let's hope that this means she isn't quitting music for awhile :bebe:

7 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Very few musicians who say they're quitting music ever have...they just take a short break, whatever their original intention was and how seriously they meant it.

If you read back through music history, you see that Joni Mitchell said she was retiring from music after she released 'Mingus' in 1979. Less than two years later, she was a back with the mediocre 'Wild Things Run Fast,' and then continued to release a lot of mediocre work in the decades to follow, that, in my opinion, really sullied her 70s reputation as the premier musician of that era.

i think joni's 90's stuff was a return to form for her but that seems to be an unpopular opinion :oprah3:

-

honestly i think that the new COCC & BB tracks were recorded around the same time and that's why they're stylistically very similar but she felt like the moods were different so she paired unreleased tracks with each and just spread the vibes

and there's probably a good amount of outtakes from those sessions that are just sitting there with the 901348203423054 outtakes and now she's making NEW music like... she's not stopping lol

33 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Lana won't ever quit music like even if she wanted to, she'd accidentally go to the studio out of habit and record something and release it :hide:

I don't think she would even take a long break between albums cause she loves her job and since she's almost in full control of her career she can just focus on the music aspect and leave all the other aspects that seem stressful to her aside :true:

100% this. She'll be releasing albums into her sixties and beyond, I think. LDR40 is coming, bitches.