Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

14 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I also find weird that we got the preorder so much time in advance. Maybe she wanted to put out a song and they thought why not announce the full thing...

But yeah a second single now with the album announcement one and a half months before release and the start of the "promo" would align more with her past releases :um2:

I mean I'm glad we had a date since December (even though it got delayed a bit) but the album announcement made this ~2 months of silence harder cause we expected stuff in between :thumb2:

Maybe. 
It’s more and more common, since last year, to have the lead with preorder for physical copies.

one thing seems for sure though: I don’t think she’ll be able to release single.s before she is done with an album anymore: it’s pretty much 5 months before an album is submitted and vinyls being ready and shipped, these days. 

19 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I also find weird that we got the preorder so much time in advance. Maybe she wanted to put out a song and they thought why not announce the full thing...

while the early preorder is a bit odd, i don't find the early single release weird (for her last 4 albums, the first singles have been released anywhere from 5 months - 1 year before the album release). i think it feels weird because there hasn't been much promo, but the actual release date is not out of the norm for lana

Spoiler

triple singles 5 months prior

LMLYLAW was released october 2020 and the album was released 5 months later

MAC/VB were released almost a year prior to the album, and hiadt was released more than 6 months prior

love was released 5 months before the album, and LFL was released 3 months prior (love WAS released early though)

and i think the early preorder might be explained by the stolen laptop. it's plausible that she wanted to get ahead of any potential leaks and announce things as soon as possible so that she would be the one to announce it. it's possible that if tunnel/fingertips snippets hadn't leaked, she wouldn't have announced the preorder along with the single

sUcVobB.png

We needed tunnel in December so Lana could put up a billboard in Tulsa on Sean's birthday.

She really should have just released the single without an album release date like LMLYLAW in October of 2020. Knowing the album release date (and all the insiders spilling) has made December and January go so slow. Hopefully the actual rollout starts now

"Don’t forget me"

11 hours ago, palemoonbaby said:

TUOB album in nutshell, this gonna be iconic album :krylie:

t1larg.family.gathering.jpg Jergins-History--970x768.jpg kolorowe-cukierki-tło.jpg?s=612x612 18poledancing10-articleLarge.jpg?quality krzyczący-ksiądz.jpg?s=612x612 s-l1600.jpg Jon_Batiste_2018_(cropped).jpg 62d567dd42e2a38a70e0599fee72 8912475-fingers-representing-a-family-dr eiffel-tower-with-red.jpg?w=1200&h=1200& parkour-men-performing-stunts.jpg?s=612x Z2DKU4A6DZCK3ETJIUR7GXYAJM.jpg Margaret-Thatcher-1980.jpg 143481-aussie-tutorial-final-1.jpg?fm=jp Red-peppers-afa27f8.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4EEvz6q2cRrTZhJDpYF_

The disgusting fascist picture on margaret☠️☠️☠️

Just now, NikoGo said:

We needed tunnel in December so Lana could put up a billboard in Tulsa on Sean's birthday.

She really should have just released the single without an album release date like LMLYLAW in October of 2020. Knowing the album release date (and all the insiders spilling) has made December and January go so slow. Hopefully the actual rollout starts now

i’m actually glad she announced the release date with the single :defeated: these last couple months have been going by so slow but it’s still arguably not as bad as getting the title track but not knowing if this era was going to turn into another NFR again. the preorders were peace of mind 😭

1 minute ago, your dealer said:

Y’all be patient…….an absolute collapse is imminent. This is going to be one of her best eras of all time :true:

exactly when she posts the trailer and tour dates on the instagram with talk show and interview announcements :true:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

11 hours ago, palemoonbaby said:

TUOB album in nutshell, this gonna be iconic album :krylie:

parkour-men-performing-stunts.jpg?s=612x

nah cause why was my first thought "what does bilatinmen have to do with - " :bebe:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

3 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

nah cause why was my first thought "what does bilatinmen have to do with - " :bebe:

NOT THIS— 

bd53d374e53c22d4e12526a94810f021bc1193c2.gifv

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Next week it is (another week of silence and selfies and rocket emojis)

20230107_200612.jpg

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

This isn’t a Blue Banisters diss at all, but DYKTTATUOB seems a lot like how I expected BB to be: completely fresh work, heavier atmosphere and sonic pop sensibilities despite being piano-based, a handful of angrier tracks, noticeable shifts in mood, etc. 

Of course, Blue Banisters does share some of these qualities (though I initially expected them to be more amplified), and my mind could completely change about LDR9; after all, I’ve only heard 1 track, and the rest of my assumptions are based off of the observations of others.

That being said, I think Lana’s enthusiasm for this record, its alleged rollout, and the praise of others with vastly different tastes are promising, and I’m sure there is some merit to what insiders have divulged, so I’m excited!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath