Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, Flowerbomb said:

What happened?

according to @111 Ben's upset that information about A&W was revealed like it's not thanks to us that there's any hype around the album at all :true: it's not like the song leaked, it's literally just the length and date of release (and the possibility of it being two parts, Jimmy Coco Puff being the second part, but i'm a little confused about the details on that) so he's being a little ridiculous for someone who barely knows how to do his job :oprah3:

😋🫶🏼

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

But that is the reality of how things work in 2023. They need to wake up. People the world over are RABID for LDR, and many will do almost anything to get their ears and hands on new material. 

exactly!!! they need to adjust how they handle/promote her releases if they want her announcements to have any real impact. this happens every. single. time. and handling it the same way each time isnt going to yield any new results. she needs new management asap

Even though it seems like we know a lot, I also feel like we know very little. The fact that we've heard almost no snippets is amazing, and people's descriptions always paint a different picture for everyone and then the end result is something else. We are definitely in for an unexpected journey no matter what :trisha:

1 minute ago, Future Jazz said:

why do we really care though… they can be mad all they want lmao thank god it’s not gonna have any impact :awk:

bc they might actually change the release date or not release the song at all before the album if theyre mad enough :smile3:

Just now, mlittle11 said:

bc they might actually change the release date or not release the song at all before the album if theyre mad enough :smile3:

That would be silly.. they do have a job lol

Believe me, without BOZ, Eclipse or Kintsugi I wouldn't have spent half the time I spend here talking about the album. We literally lasted 2 months without any information since the first single, Lana didn't even open her Honeymoon account to the public when she announced the album. The only thing that kept my hype building was all the leaked info, if none of that had leaked honestly the excitement would have gone away and I would have thought we'd have another bb moment. Two months of silence from Lana's team was boring and overwhelming. If only they would take the time to promote the album it would all be so different, I guess they will do it in mid February and it will be a full month of official info all over the place until the album release.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I don't get why the insist on the "surprise" release strategy anyway... yeah it works sometimes but it's also nice to build up the hype some days before the actual release. And I'm not even talking commercially, just as a satisfying fan experience. 

She also spoiled her own surprise saying she was going to announce stuff about the album in December anyway :thumb2:

I find way more exciting to get teasers, photoshoot visuals, short snippets and such. Specially since we already know a single is coming and the album was announced months ago :um2:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Even though it seems like we know a lot, I also feel like we know very little. The fact that we've heard almost no snippets is amazing, and people's descriptions always paint a different picture for everyone and then the end result is something else. We are definitely in for an unexpected journey no matter what :trisha:

A perfect example is the two completely different descriptions of "Kintsugi" by BOZ and Kintsugi, like I still don't know what to expect from it. :true:

34 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

i lowkey wish i thought blue banisters 2.0 was coming. then i’d have a heart attack at a&w, peppers, and taco truck x vb

i feel like the possibility of bb 2.0 was destroyed the second she put tommy genesis on the album cover, so insider info hasn’t really changed that at least :oprah: 

personally though i don’t want any more spoilers, i haven’t looked at the majority of kintsugi’s recent posts because i just want a little surprise here and there .. a crumb

sUcVobB.png