Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

Stars in my eyes...:icant:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The problem with religion is not religion itself but the people in power/behind it. The Bible should never be interpreted literally, and most of the time it isn't — and the only time preachers and priests do it, it's based on what they think it's right or wrong/what's cultural and socially accepted. It's only for you to learn something, not blatant and literally follow its texts and scriptures.

Can art be challenging? Yes, and it might make you feel uncomfortable. Art is not meant to make you feel good. If it does, then that's great, but you should not hold it against the artist if it doesn't. Ultimately, it's the artist's choice to make what they want of their art. 

I mean, it's just a preacher's sermon, and Lana's laughing and talking while he's at it. Also, you can interpret it in infinite ways: Lana's lowkey mocking him/Lana's not even paying attention/Lana's liking it so much/Lana's just casually recording, etc. Like, it's not that serious. To some extent, I can't get why some people might be uncomfortable, but imo the interlude itself doesn't have any shock value. It's just something she wanted to put on the record and might not even have any other deep meaning (like, for example, putting The Trio on BB).

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

3 minutes ago, Morningcrow said:

No hints about it being tomorrow, but this is the quote (there's screenshots in the thread somewhere)...

"Let's go back to Earth a bit, there is no surprise second album, or any new music project coming already
But for once, they are doing something right, for the fans
It will be revealed next week. Actually skimming through this thread I don't think anyone guessed it right? Guess I was right"

I don’t understand this lol, I feel like this could be the biggest hint, but what could “they” have done wrong in the past compared to this time around? I feel like it has to be something we’ve been begging for the last few eras 

5 minutes ago, Morningcrow said:

No hints about it being tomorrow, but this is the quote (there's screenshots in the thread somewhere)...

"Let's go back to Earth a bit, there is no surprise second album, or any new music project coming already
But for once, they are doing something right, for the fans
It will be revealed next week. Actually skimming through this thread I don't think anyone guessed it right? Guess I was right"

Oh! I just remembered reading that, yup!

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

All the positive feedback is making me excited for the Judah Smith Interlude :lolliney:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

1 minute ago, imaginist said:

I don’t understand this lol, I feel like this could be the biggest hint, but what could “they” have done wrong in the past compared to this time around? I feel like it has to be something we’ve been begging for the last few eras 

its gotta be them putting out her unreleased stuff, right? What they were doing wrong was not monetising all that music which was blowing up on TikTok. and also the fans really want it, and lana has actually said she wants to put it all out at some point

18 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Isn’t the lyric “got a [censored] who turned on the back beat, busts the shower on while he calls me”

no it’s “god’s a charlatan” 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Just now, Im a ghost now said:

Trying to resist the urge to listen to

Hide contents

Peppers LQ untagged

:raven:

Spoiler

it's the same leak as before but with "rosemead exclusive baby" removed kinda poorly (the person did her best tho)

Just now, selfbeyondtheory said:

its gotta be them putting out her unreleased stuff, right? What they were doing wrong was not monetising all that music which was blowing up on TikTok. and also the fans really want it, and lana has actually said she wants to put it all out at some point

This is what I’m really really hoping for. Imagine Sirens and AKA re-release PLUS an unreleased compilation. I would simply die 

1 minute ago, mssainttropez said:

All the positive feedback is making me excited for the Judah Smith Interlude :lolliney:

Spoiler

It's not as bad as I was expecting, I'll listen to it when I play the album in full, but not outside of that context. Jon Batiste interlude though? IT'S LIT :hair:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Im a ghost now said:

Trying to resist the urge to listen to

Reveal hidden contents

Peppers LQ untagged

:raven:

OMG not my song!

If it's legit I'll play 3 seconds just to get a little taste :hottie:

EDIT: I played it and it's just someone's attempt to remove the tags :defeated:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Just now, cherrytropico said:

no it’s “god’s a charlatan” 

No it's not, you can hear in the dolby atmos stems it's "Got a [shhh!] who turned on the backbeat" and everyone misheard it

Just now, DCooper said:

:lange:

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_lxrwkwfegq1r7ech8o1_500.gif

Spoiler

They're right!!

4 minutes ago, imaginist said:

Same. Like it's not just something that would surprise, but may be righting a wrong. Or at the least he's of the believe that they just don't get anything right and this time came through big time.

1 minute ago, imaginist said:

This is what I’m really really hoping for. Imagine Sirens and AKA re-release PLUS an unreleased compilation. I would simply die 

I'd literally die. but also, and I know this is controversial, but I'd want her to have it all mixed and mastered again and with additional elements to make it sounds more like contemporary lana (without changing the tracks too much.) 

4 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

The problem with religion is not religion itself but the people in power/behind it. The Bible should never be interpreted literally, and most of the time it isn't — and the only time preachers and priests do it, it's based on what they think it's right or wrong/what's cultural and socially accepted. It's only for you to learn something, not blatant and literally follow its texts and scriptures.

Can art be challenging? Yes, and it might make you feel uncomfortable. Art is not meant to make you feel good. If it does, then that's great, but you should not hold it against the artist if it doesn't. Ultimately, it's the artist's choice to make what they want of their art. 

I mean, it's just a preacher's sermon, and Lana's laughing and talking while he's at it. Also, you can interpret it in infinite ways: Lana's lowkey mocking him/Lana's not even paying attention/Lana's liking it so much/Lana's just casually recording, etc. Like, it's not that serious. To some extend, I can't get why some people might be uncomfortable, but imo the interlude itself doesn't have any shock value. It's just something she wanted to put on the record and might not even have any other deep meaning (like, for example, putting The Trio on BB).

I’m actually excited for the track. I just think it’s perfectly understandable if some people don’t vibe with it and if religious content is something that triggers them, then that’s perfectly valid  :candy: idk about anyone else but I never said Lana shouldn’t do this or that or that people should question her decision to include a sermon in her album - I don’t understand where these combative answers are coming from lol.

IMG-1607.jpg