Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

15 minutes ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

OMG! I needed day to process my emotions. The way we always win year after year as Lana stans. The songwriting is giving Blue Bannisters + LMLYLAW. The orchestration is giving Paradise and Honeymoon. The way the song starts chill and builds into a huge climax is giving Chemtrails song. I love BB and COCC but these are very stripped back and low key albums. Ocean Boulevard is just big and grand and powerful. If this song is any indicator, it’s seeming like this may be her best and biggest album since NFR. Also, maybe I’m completely off base here, but is anyone else hearing a subtle vagina metaphor in the title of song/album in the way she sings about this forgotten and unused tunnel, and the way she sings about her fear of being alone and unloved? “Don’t forget me! Like the tunnel under Ocean Boulevard”

idk bout yall, but this "metaphor" some of u guys see is so strange and weird

image.png

Just now, Dominikx4 said:

i've been kinda afraid to bring this especially after i've brought up a lot of other strange things so i'm glad you are

it's really weird how a lot of y'all are obsessed with her "tunnel" :wtf3: (as well as her boobs...)

and before you bring up "cola" that was 10 years ago and lana herself has lowkey disowned it :bebe:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Ok but if we are actually going of insta captions here is what i'm thinking some song titles could be...

Stars Align

Waist Deep in Icy Waves

Peach Fuzz

It's been so hot

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, imapartygirl said:

Ok but if we are actually going of insta captions here is what i'm thinking some song titles could be...

Stars Align

Waist Deep in Icy Waves

Peach Fuzz

It's been so hot

i'd also add on "late nights" since that's speculated to be the title of rockefeller

10 hours ago, the ocean said:

i've been kinda afraid to bring this especially after i've brought up a lot of other strange things so i'm glad you are

it's really weird how a lot of y'all are obsessed with her "tunnel" :wtf3: (as well as her boobs...)

and before you bring up "cola" that was 10 years ago and lana herself has lowkey disowned it :bebe:

its kind of like when some stans try to make everything about drugs... like "omg, ocean is louisville slang for coke, thats so lana"

so forced and strange, but this one feels kinda icky

its-getting-weird-real-housewives-of-atl

image.png

7 minutes ago, imapartygirl said:

Stars Align

Waist Deep in Icy Waves

Peach Fuzz

It's been so hot

There’s also « if you want a little more… chill a little more »

No capital letters…. :blush3:

Just now, Dominikx4 said:

its kind of like when some stans try to make everything about drugs... like "omg, ocean is louisville slang for coke, thats so lana"

between the constant bickering about who has the right to an opinion (which is so stupid in itself), some people ignoring how weird the sermon thing is (less the sermon itself and more judah smith specifically) & this weird fascination with her vagina and boobs ; i'm getting really alienated with this thread and that's sad because i'm really enjoying the new song & i'm excited for the album but some of y'all have to make it weird & uncomfortable :bebe:

i'm out lol

10 hours ago, Dominikx4 said:

yes exactly like you go on genius & most of the lyrical interpretations fans submit are like "this is a drug metaphor" or "this is a sex metaphor" & yeah i know sometimes she does use drug/sex metaphors but not as frequently as some fans seem to think. sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

10 minutes ago, imapartygirl said:

Stars Align

Waist Deep in Icy Waves

Peach Fuzz

It's been so hot

it would be so iconic:flutter:

FJM and Tommy Genesis being on the same album has the same energy as Sean Ono Lennon and A$AP Rocky being on the same album

imageproxy.jpg

16 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

That's what I said a few days ago, if she was still seeing her body as a map of L.A., then what would be the tunnel under Ocean Boulevard? But I was just joking. 

13 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i'd also add on "late nights" since that's speculated to be the title of rockefeller

Rockefeller Storyteller (ft. Jon Batiste) for me

and also for giving me Margaret

6 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

There’s also « if you want a little more… chill a little more »

No capital letters…. :blush3:

THANK YOU OMGG IM MANIFESTING THAT TRACK 

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

I wonder which collabs (if any) will be released as singles. I could totally see the Tommy Genesis one being a fun little treat 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, kaliuchis said:

I wouldn’t be mad if she released Fingertips ad a single in late january - early february

Spoiler

I relistened to the snippet :bebe: yeah I know it’s bad but… and I still can’t make out what it sounds like -

its too short :pft:

37 minutes ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

Okay everyone I'm in a need of a little assistance bc im an indecisive whore

I'm trying to decide where I want to travel to experience the album for the first time. I began this tradition back with chemtrails. I flew out to LA, took some edibles and listened to the album as the sun came up by the Hollywood sign on release day. With Blue Banisters, I took a scenic drive through the country side. Here are my options for Ocean Blvd.

Northern California (Sunset)

Cannon Beach in Oregon (Sunset)

Somewhere in the mountains (maybe Colorado?)

A Flower Field in my home state

Any suggestions are highly appreciated! Thanks darlings :kiss2:

Ahhh that’s so exciting!! I’d say NorCal, specifically in the SF area near Ocean Beach or Crissy Fields, Sausalito/Marin County, Eureka/Arcata, or DNC (Crescent City). Walking on the beach when it’s cold and foggy is such a meditative and introspective :pray: I’d suggest Long Beach also since it’s where the title track is located, but I’m not the biggest fan of the area. There are a bunch of mountains/redwoods surrounding the SF area too if you prefer that! 

unsolicited sf beach pics  <3 definitely amazing places to get high lol (I go to Ocean Beach at least like once a month and just listen to Venice Bitch and it’s amazing) 

HzAmUQs_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

1FnOVtj_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

sgopYhV.gif

One thing I liked about COCC and BB, for the most part, was the way many of the songs revealed a stronger, more independent, free-thinking Lana, like the COCC title track, 'NAWWAL,'  'Dance 'Til We Die,' 'IYLDWM,' Arcadia,' 'Violets For Roses,' 'WFWF'--a woman in control of herself and her life.

It seems to me that 'Ocean Boulevard' back-peddles on that significantly, though of course it has its own life and is from a different album, and doesn't necessarily, by any means, have to reflect how Lana feels about herself, or about herself now, any more than the singer/narrator of 'Swan Song,' 'Money Power Glory' or 'In My Feelings' necessarily genuinely reflected her life and personality.

I'm not saying I think it's a bad message or anything like that--obviously most people feel like that at some point in their lives.