Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

So many people talking about ~world building~ like each Lana album doesn't have its own vibe and atmosphere. Ocean Blvd will follow suit. 

I'm beyonddd excited for Ocean Blvd. It's giving sprawling, unhinged, stream-of-consciousness energy. It's 80 minutes long, a variety of flavors, Lana giving negative two fucks... what's not to love? 

Just now, lemonadedelrey said:

I cannot believe nothing has leaked. That absolutely blows my mind. I mean it’s a good thing, but it just feels strange :w8ing:

We have to wait until tonight for honeymoondaddy to get his vinyl:raven:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

she better promote Ocean Blvd at the Women In Music Business Conference:hooker:

After reading her speech from her phone: ''btw my new album is out at the top of this month bye'' :thumb3:

When Lana says “world-building” I think she’s simply using that phrase to reflect a shift in the lyrical sensibility (as it relates to sonics) that she employs on the records. 

There has always been evolution throughout her records, but I think she’s talking about how lyrical motifs (e.g. roses, red dresses) that invoke nostalgia are bolstered with sonics to evoke an overall feeling. That’s “world-building”.

Over the years, however, she’s focused less on the mood of the music and has been more lyric-driven, almost narrating events as they are, rather than injecting a dose of aestheticism into it. 

So I think people here understand what she means by “world-building” - it’s just a matter of people’s preferences. 

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

When Lana says “world-building” I think she’s simply using that phrase to reflect a shift in the lyrical sensibility (as it relates to sonics) that she employs on the records. 

There has always been evolution throughout her records, but I think she’s talking about how lyrical motifs (e.g. roses, red dresses) that invoke nostalgia are bolstered with sonics to evoke an overall feeling. That’s “world-building”.

Over the years, however, she’s focused less on the mood of the music and has been more lyric-driven, almost narrating events as they are, rather than injecting a dose of aestheticism into it. 

So I think people here understand what she means by “world-building” - it’s just a matter of people’s preferences. 

i have no comment except to simply say: this is correct

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I agree with your take, but I also think that Lana blurred the line between ''world-building'' and ''bombastic'', one equating the other. I think the most obvious take from the interview is that she doesn't feel like making so called ''bombastic'' music à la Born to Die or Ultraviolence and that is her prerogative. 

22 minutes ago, Jared said:

So, we're getting an uneven, unserious playlist disguised as an album? Who could've seen this coming? 

No bb we're getting an emotional rollercoaster, a complex journey into a messy mind and soul that explores the highs and lows of family, memories, insecurities, and life as a whole :true: An absolute powerhouse of an album I suspect. If you are too unimaginative to see the threads and want to call it an unserious playlist, that's your choice, but I can already see the vision and I just know it's going to be jaw-dropping. 

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I agree:flutter: I’m confused by anyone trying to say these albums still have “world-building” when Lana was literally saying that’s where the shift in the newer albums has come from. It’s just a matter of taste, I don’t think there is any objective “better” no matter how hard everyone tries to argue that lol. 

I think BTD-NFR Lana had something she really wanted to project with her albums, there was an image and story she wanted to create. I think after NFR she got a bit of writers block based on her interview during COTCC era and wanted to do something different but was scared, and that’s why Chemtrails feels too “safe” to a lot of people and  Blue Banisters is her most experimental album to date. I think she had to make those albums to create Ocean Blvd, a record where it feels like she’s really perfecting the themes and styles she explored on the past two albums. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, West Coast said:

I agree with your take, but I also think that Lana blurred the line between ''world-building'' and ''bombastic'', one equating the other. I think the most obvious take from the interview is that she doesn't feel like making so called ''bombastic'' music à la Born to Die or Ultraviolence and that is her prerogative. 

The funny thing is, I wouldn’t even think to call those two records “bombastic” — maybe there’s more of an emphasis on intentional production — but I ascertained that from the interview too. It’s totally her prerogative, and I think when fans like you or @anwdelrey say they wish for her to go back to “world-building”, that’s just expressing a preference for exactly that. Which is totally valid! 

51 minutes ago, Rosemead said:
  Hide contents

My boyfriend tested positive for covid it don’t matter we’ve been kissing so whatever

I’ll see y’all in 9 days! Xoxo

aaand here come the corny lyrics :toofloppy: