Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Some of you are so dramatic :awkney:

This is LanaBoards.com, literally everyone is being dramatic at some point. :gasp:

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

Honestly, that comment she made bothered me. She has it in her to do it, she basically said so. Nothing wrong with the slower/mellower music with mouthful/stream of consciousness lyrics, but knowing she knows how to do that bombastic/world building type of music, but decides not to... she's doing herself a disservice--now she's fully entitled to do what she wants, but it'd be nice if she spiced things up a little.

I think she could very well do both and not chose one over the other. :xgiggle:

How would you rank the album with the rest of her discography? I’m assuming you’ve heard it.

IMG-1607.jpg

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Some of you heard the phrase "world building" from the Billboard interview and ran with it, without even being able to describe what it means. 

Idk I don’t think it’s hard to understand, if you look at BTD-NFR, they do seem like they exist in their own “world” of the LDR universe lol. She’s clearly talking about connecting songs sonically and lyrically through an “aesthetic” of the album which has been missing post-NFR (even though I would say COTCC still had some remnants of it). Which is why a lot of people feel like Blue Banisters feels like a mixtape, because the songs feel more separate and not connected under a specific sonic or lyrical theme. 

and I do think there is a lyrical theme Lana has in these newer albums but it’s not the same as BTD-NFR, it feels like the songs on BB and Chemtrails exist as pieces of a puzzle, where an album like BTD follows a very similar storyline though out the album. But neither are necessarily “bad” it’s just a matter of taste at this point. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

How would you rank the album with the rest of her discography? I’m assuming you’ve heard it.

I was merely referring to the her Billboard interview. Her words, not mine. :)

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

Idk I don’t think it’s hard to understand, if you look at BTD-NFR, they do seem like they exist in their own “world” of the LDR universe lol. She’s clearly talking about connecting songs sonically and lyrically through an “aesthetic” of the album which has been missing post-NFR (even though I would say COTCC still had some remnants of it). Which is why a lot of people feel like Blue Banisters feels like a mixtape, because the songs feel more separate and not connected under a specific sonic or lyrical theme. 

and I do think there is a lyrical theme Lana has in these newer albums but it’s not the same as BTD-NFR, it feels like the songs on BB and Chemtrails exist as pieces of a puzzle, where an album like BTD follows a very similar “storyline though out the album. But neither are necessarily “bad” it’s just a matter of taste at this point. 

Thanks for the response, but you and I have very different definitions of what "world building" is then. Agreed with you about Blue Banisters, but Chemtrails is very much part of that equation due to its cohesive, midwestern and folky soundscape. Everything we know about this album so far and the two released tracks seem to perfectly fit that "LDR universe," whatever that means. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

36 minutes ago, Rosemead said:
  Reveal hidden contents

My boyfriend tested positive for covid it don’t matter we’ve been kissing so whatever

I’ll see y’all in 9 days! Xoxo

this just must be a joke

2 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Help almost 30 page difference between this morning and now did something happen I’m at work and I can’t read all of this 

brenda.gif

Rosemead has spoken

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

Just now, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Help almost 30 page difference between this morning and now did something happen I’m at work and I can’t read all of this 

brenda.gif

No leak , just NEW informations from someone has the album 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Thanks for the response, but you and I have very different definitions of what "world building" is then. Agreed with you about Blue Banisters, but Chemtrails is very much part of that equation due to its cohesive, midwestern and folky soundscape. Everything we know about this album so far and the two released tracks seem to perfectly fit that "LDR universe," whatever that means. 

I do think COTCC has a cohesive soundscape! I think it just feels weaker than others because like Lana said in interviews, she never really got where she wanted to in that album. I’m confused about what you’re definition of world-building is then? I’m not trying to be mean  I just want to know 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

43 minutes ago, Rosemead said:
  Hide contents

The Mariners Apartment Complex girlies are gonna collapse at that one. 

Spoiler

:trisha: It’s going to be overlooked by critics and casual listeners, but it’s going to be a fan favorite and classic. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°