Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Spoiler

Finally caved and listened to The Grants…idk how I feel about it :eek:

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

5 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I'm going to have to finally listen to The Grants today, it's been a rough weekend :crying4:

I've started listening to The Grants a lot towards the end of each day. This is that song, it's just what you need.

1 minute ago, Serene Queen said:
  Hide contents

Finally caved and listened to The Grants…idk how I feel about it :eek:

Spoiler

I find it sentimental, most of all. "I'm doing it for the family line," etc. Huh? Leave it for your diary, Ls. Musically, it's just not on the level of OB or AW. But a lot of folks seem to like it around here.

Spoiler

I do wish The Grants stayed as cinematic as the first few seconds when it officially starts(not the choir). I feel like it plummets and becomes boring until the very last minute but that’s just me 🫢

Spoiler

Peppers sounds like it was really influenced by Jack Donoghue… it has a really witchy trap vibe, definitely more “fun” than Salem’s stuff tho

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

Peppers sounds like it was really influenced by Jack Donoghue… it has a really witchy trap vibe, definitely more “fun” than Salem’s stuff tho

This! :trisha: I can't wait for it, especially for the:

Spoiler

I've got a knife in my heart lyrics but I'm not sure if I hear it right 

I’m confused. Didn’t insiders 

Spoiler

love The Grants? It seems that the general consensus on LB is that it’s underwhelming, both lyrically and sonically. But maybe it’ll be better in the context of the album? (I still haven’t listened btw)

2 minutes ago, Enco said:
  Hide contents

I do wish The Grants stayed as cinematic as the first few seconds when it officially starts(not the choir). I feel like it plummets and becomes boring until the very last minute but that’s just me 🫢

Spoiler

Agreed! It kinda doesn't go anywhere; it builds only a little toward the end. When I first heard the title, I thought it was going to be epic. I imagined a big swooping orchestra, a big hook, and some mild electronica building up in the background ala Cinnemon Girl. But instead, the track is very mild and subdued. Kinda like the backside of Honeymoon in spirit (Swan Song, for example).

Spoiler

might be the only one who fckin loves the opening to The Grants idk…i always find myself harmonizing with the singers at the beginning like they just sound so good.:wipe:

b2358771937a448cffde372325aa52ea.gif

it escapes from my hands into moonlight . . .