Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

But i've also seen a lot of people say they really like them so it's probably not bad , just not your taste in music which is okay 

alone, theyre eh. with the songs, they work. but i think they should have been kept off the album and been for the music videos

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

11 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

It's really cool to see how divisive this album is. Everyone has different opinions on what they consider their favourite tracks which is a really good sign of a great album, i guess because it means there are no universally hated songs so nothing is actually bad. They all have room to grow and become more appreciated in time :wowcry:

she's a princess, she's divisive tumblr_inline_ollas8V5SH1qc7g7w_250.gifv

Capture.jpg

Spoiler

Speaking of interludes…I wouldn’t call those  music tbh…..I’m not religious so I don’t find some shouting pastor speaking like he’s stuck in the 15th century appealing to me.  

But I appreciate Lana, her upbringing and right to her faith.  Also - songs like  God Know’s I tried are some of my favourites. So singing about her faith doesn’t bother me…but the interludes were super cringe regardless.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

i said this on the listening party thread too but, for the people that are going to the listening party and have not heard the leaks, when the party is over listen to the leaked version of Candy Necklace and tell us if it's the same version they played for you so that we clear the "glitch pop" rumor lol

23 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

All pictures in color are recolored. They took the photos in BW and then colored them.

no wonder they have that classic colourized look to them. i love that

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

3 minutes ago, moonchaser said:

What do you guys think she means by

Hide contents

“Almost victorian with you” on Fishtail?

Spoiler

The lyric "almost Victorian with you" reflects on how things used to be between her and her partner. The line suggests that their relationship had a certain level of formality or old-fashionedness to it, similar to the Victorian era.

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Pretty much a day and 12 hours until I can stream Candy Necklace, Kintsugi, Fingertips, Let the Light In, Grandfather, and Fishtail on an endless loop :trisha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I do wish

Spoiler

That the album’s back end had something tonally akin to “The Greatest” - that is, big sounding but hopeful however wistful. The title track fulfils that for me, but it’s at the start of the record. Either move it to the end or just one more moment like it (hell, even The Grants) would have sealed the deal for me. Obviously the last three tracks “pick up” in pace, but they aren’t tonally big and climactic (though I still think it’s a great middle finger to end the album with a prowling, menacing note as on TTxVB).

I think that’s still my main critique in general, the order of the tracklist - all the moods are generally grouped together instead of mixed up. it’s weird to say that one of my favourite Lana albums is in here, just in a weird order!

55 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

“Kintsugi” begins with an incredibly compelling lyric but the song gets lost in the following six, sleepy minutes. https://consequence.net/2023/03/lana-del-rey-ocean-blvd-review/2/

who wrote this, 111? :pout:

I knew that Kintsugi and probably fingertips were going to bore the critics, sonically they don't have much to offer, Which seems ironic because that same production that "bores" is the one that best accompanies the lyrics 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

6 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

I do wish

Reveal hidden contents

That the album’s back end had something tonally akin to “The Greatest” - that is, big sounding but hopeful however wistful. The title track fulfils that for me, but it’s at the start of the record. Either move it to the end or just one more moment like it (hell, even The Grants) would have sealed the deal for me. Obviously the last three tracks “pick up” in pace, but they aren’t tonally big and climactic (though I still think it’s a great middle finger to end the album with a prowling, menacing note as on TTxVB).

I think that’s still my main critique in general, the order of the tracklist - all the moods are generally grouped together instead of mixed up. it’s weird to say that one of my favourite Lana albums is in here, just in a weird order!

Today I dreamed of that song and I have already seen its name in three different parts since I woke up twenty minutes ago. 

I woke up feeling homesick for some reason 

1 minute ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

@rightofjupiter who is at the listening party right now, just confirmed that Candy Necklace is

Reveal hidden contents

the same as the leaked version, so we can all relax now lol

I hope they can tell if the album sounds better now 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey