Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, fine china said:

If the album truly is delayed due to vinyl production, would any store even get it early anyways? 

Most stores wouldn't get it, but accidents happen & Lana's team has a track record of not covering all of their bases

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

25 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Idk, I appreciate the optimism, but I think this is a little too optimistic. It's been confirmed that the snippets from Fingertips and Ocean Blvd were not from the stolen laptop, or at least not from the same channels. The songs are out there, and have been out there for a long while now; all it takes is someone who does have the record becoming impatient and sharing the songs with their friends. I also don't think the songs are just floating around, but way more people seem to have access to this one than previous records.

eh, just because people have the older demos doesn't mean they have the entire record.. access is almost exactly the same as it's always been regarding the actual album material (not sure about the demos, more people likely have those)

I would love her to drop another single just like she did with Tunel. Everyone was convinced that it was coming on Friday and boom she did it on Wednesday's evening:trisha: Let's pray it will happen again soon just out of nowhere

Just now, fl0r1dakil0s said:

eh, just because people have the older demos doesn't mean they have the entire record.. access is almost exactly the same as it's always been regarding the actual album material (not sure about the demos, more people likely have those)

Also true! I'd love to be proven wrong, I just have a weird feeling about this one :oprah3:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

that's what I'm saying. Like yes we have a couple new 'insiders' but I don't think this album has been any more circulated than the last albums. We also can assume this album wasn't stolen with her laptop because it for sure would have leaked by now.

"Don’t forget me"

I would think if the delay to the 24th was tied to the vinyl, that maybe the odds of stores getting any media really early (around the 10th) drops just a little...but if the delay is tied to another release, like Miley's, maybe the odds go up that some stores end up with copies in early March still?

Just now, Surf Noir said:

nearly every album nowadays leaks at least a few days before the official release date, it's really not a big deal at this point if it does, we just have to make sure no links are posted here

I imagine a lot of bans will be handed out when it leaks.

giphy.gif

nearly every album nowadays leaks at least a few days before the official release date, it's really not a big deal at this point if it does, we just have to make sure no links are posted here

just as usual :oprah3:

It’s been so exhaustive to wait for the next day, when it seems each day is longer than the one before it. Can we just skip to February 28th, please?

I really wish we could at least get a new single by now, if not the whole album.

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

Just now, bluechemtrails said:

is this the thing that Lana rejects or criticizes? it's about being comfortable even with imperfect bodies 

what do you even mean? she has a recent photo with her tit out, she's definitely comfortable with herself :wtf2:

but maybe i shouldn't remind you of that since you threw a complete hissy-fit over it :wtf2: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

let's predict what we think the tracks off of ocean boulevard will be like, vibe-wise, based off other lana songs!

the grants: 13 beaches, white dress, ocean boulevard (orchestral, breezy, confessional)

sweet: love song, let me love you like a woman, violets for roses (classical vibes, sweet, nice, themes of settling down, love, family)

a&w: off to the races, money power glory, cruel world (experimental, chaotic, angry, bitter, spiteful)

candy necklace: bartender, change, cinnamon girl (luscious pianos, possibly vulnerable/confessional)

kintsugi: fine china, yosemite, bad disease (very confessional, somber, major "classic" vibes, possibly acoustic-driven)

fingertips: blue banisters, bartender (piano-driven, reflects her current sound)

paris, texas: thunder demo, buddy's rendezvous, high by the beach? (jazz influences, possibly with electric guitar or rock vibes, possibly orchestral, but breezy)

grandfather: ocean boulevard, mariner's, venice bitch (slightly psychedelic, very nautical, introspective)

let the light in: buddy's rendezvous (jazz influences, just similar to that track in general)

margaret: lust for life? (i get 80s vibes from this track, something with a lot of synths, perhaps a more conventional sound)

fishtail: mermaid motel, mariner's apartment complex (experimental, offbeat, very nautical)

peppers: brite lites, summer bummer (dark, fun, upbeat, a little strange)

taco truck: venice bitch, ocean boulevard (well, it samples venice bitch, but it may be a little more "detached" and breezy)

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

26 minutes ago, yassgrenade said:

anyways i think candy necklace will be the video games of the album and paris, texas will be the summertime sadness.

wait this is a collapse

let's predict what we think the tracks off of ocean boulevard will be like, vibe-wise, based of other lana songs!

cant really assume how the lyrical content would be as my brain is fried, so here's just how i think they'd sound sonically

the grants: valley of the dolls, norman fucking rockwell, white dress, 13 beaches, ocean boulevard

sweet: beautiful, violets for roses, change, cherry blossom, let me love you like a woman

a&w: high by the beach, cruel world, black bathing suit (but not messy), off to the races, be my daddy (not in terms of sound more of tempo?)

candy necklace: god bless america and all the beautiful women in it, sweet carolina, change, wild at heart, white dress

kintsugi: chemtrails over the country club, yosemite, fine china, is this happiness, old money

paris, texas: salvatore

i ran out of ideas

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

let's predict what we think the tracks off of ocean boulevard will be like, vibe-wise, based of other lana songs!

the grants: 13 beaches, white dress, ocean boulevard (orchestral, breezy, confessional)

sweet: love song, let me love you like a woman, violets for roses (classical vibes, sweet, nice, themes of settling down, love, family)

a&w: off to the races, money power glory, cruel world (experimental, chaotic, angry, bitter, spiteful)

candy necklace: bartender, change, cinnamon girl (luscious pianos, possibly vulnerable/confessional)

kintsugi: fine china, yosemite, bad disease (very confessional, somber, major "classic" vibes, possibly acoustic-driven)

fingertips: blue banisters, bartender (piano-driven, reflects her current sound)

paris, texas: thunder demo, buddy's rendezvous, high by the beach? (jazz influences, possibly with electric guitar or rock vibes, possibly orchestral, but breezy)

grandfather: ocean boulevard, mariner's, venice bitch (slightly psychedelic, very nautical and introspective)

let the light in: buddy's rendezvous (jazzy, just similar to that track in general)

margaret: lust for life? (i get 80s vibes from this track, something with a lot of synths, perhaps a more conventional sound)

fishtail: mermaid motel, mariner's apartment complex (experimental, offbeat, and very nautical)

peppers: brite lites, summer bummer (dark, fun, upbeat, a little strange)

taco truck: venice bitch, ocean boulevard (well, it samples venice bitch, but it may be a little more "detached" and breezy)

Much better idea 

the grants: Ride, Swan Song, Video Games (Biggest orchestral track on the record, hypnotic and vulnerable, gorgeous)

sweet: love song, happiness is a butterfly, violets for roses (gentle, comforting, and touching)

a&w: i genuinely feel like this will be one of her most never been done songs before, but i guess a much more raw and punchier venice bitch 

candy necklace: watercolor eyes,  california NFR (honest, direct, straight to the point type of track)

kintsugi: yosemite, a star for nick, hope is a dangerous thing (raw, stripped down to its most essential)

fingertips: blue banisters, black bathing suit (poetic, chaotic, and abstract)

paris, texas: no clue

grandfather: I am at a loss for this one as well 

let the light in: buddy's rendezvous, ocean blvd 

margaret: radio, love, wild at heart

fishtail: also no clue

peppers: cherry, summer bummer, cinnamon girl

taco truck: also no idea outside of the VB sample