Rust Dress

Say Yes to Heaven Discourse Thread

7 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Agreed! I just played Fine China for my man for his first time last night and he loved it :trisha: He's slowly becoming a stan and I'm here for it

Shotout to PlasticGuy again for this amazing mix!

8nl2OpX.png

I’ve gone through this thread and still have no idea what is going on with this song when I (rarely) ever want to listen to this song I just press play on a random one in my library.. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I used to love Yes to Heaven, the first version we got. I thought it was a very atmospheric song to vibe to, no matter how weak the lyrics were. But the way some of y’all hyped it so much with hopes of seeing it on an official future release… :pls: 

I’m team Fine China :true: (seriously though, I can’t believe this song never was officially released : it has got to be some of her best lyrics in all of her unreleased collection :hair: )

7 hours ago, 111 said:

say yes to allah, say yes to me... the song has been whored around and no one was able to get it quite right it's just a BAD song. recycled boring lyrics, boring vocal performance, cute melody and that's it...

I don't think it's a boring song, it just needs the right idea of production. Just listen to the cover version of Christi Buckley! 

1 hour ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

I quite like YTH, and think it would fit as her last release, a retirement single, if you will. There is also the option of it being a posthumous release, in which her will has a mention of YTH being her last officially authorized release, for it to be her send-off :crai:- just my opinion though

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-says-her-will-prohibits-posthumous-release-of-music-3023112

Not likely unfortunately. But not like it matters - the leaks are still coming. We probably have like, 350-400 leaks now? We don’t need a posthumous release from her. I wouldn’t even want it as a fan tbh. If it’s not crafted specifically by Lana please keep it. 

You’ve all overheard the song because this was considered an opus-3 years ago by a lot of users.

it’s simplistic lyrically but it’s not bad lyricism-would an expanded bridge improve it? Yes but it’s godly on it’s own anyhow 

version 4 ruined careers 

2 hours ago, TheBoss said:

According to Honeymoun it must be something like this:

Version 1: Original Rick Demo (2013)

Version 2: Patrick Warren string arrangement version (2013)

Version 3: James Ford demo, leaked by MusicMafia (2014)

Version 4: STINT Demo (2015) 

This is the 100% accurate timeline. The song was continually worked on since its creation in 2013 by Rick and other producers, so there are plenty more versions that were considered for basically every album (there are other mixes from UV, Honeymoon and LFL eras) but I haven't seen or heard anything about another STINT one.

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

8 minutes ago, Unknown said:

This is the 100% accurate timeline. The song was continually worked on since its creation in 2013 by Rick and other producers, so there are plenty more versions that were considered for basically every album (there are other mixes from UV, Honeymoon and LFL eras) but I haven't seen or heard anything about another STINT one.

so, can we say for certain, that the tagged "lost" version is from 2014?

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123