one time beauty queen

what are your parents fav Lana songs?

Born to Die is one of my dad's favorite albums of  all time. His fav songs are Born to Die and Blue Jeans. He also loves Paradise, a few songs from Ultraviolence... He's heard Honeymoon and Lust for Life probably once and didn't like them. He's not the biggest NFR stan but he said that's her most important album to date. He has no idea of  Chemtrails or Blue Banisters though lol. I don't live w him anymore but I hope he's streaming Tunnel :legend:

My mom has always hated Lana (she's absolutely into uptempo music) but I think I've heard her hum MAC and Summertime Sadness a few   times.

My dad never listened to Lana, or couldn't care less about her, and my mom was the biggest Lana hater for a while. She probably would have won that award at the Lipsters every year since 2012. :icant:

She doesn't like her voice and her singing style. She also tends to like upbeat songs (she never gets into... contemplative music?) but she thinks the production of Born to Die is over the top, so I guess she's just in bad faith.

The day White Dress was released, I asked her if I could put the song on (we were in the car) and when Lana started singing, she laughed and told me something like: "Oh, what's wrong with her? Why is she sounding like a wheezy girl with tuberculosis?" and I think that's why I had such a hard time getting into the song. :toofunny:

There are a few songs she tolerates though. She likes Salvatore (the laughing man cracks her up), Lucky Ones and she lives for the violins in Honeymoon (she even called it "beautiful" once, I almost cried). She also likes 24, especially the heeya-heeya part. :hide: I think she likes Hollywood, Thunder (the one that leaked in 2020), Boarding School and Wayamaya. Usually, she immediately states when she hates a song, and she didn't say anything while listening to them, so I take that as a win. :clapback:

what a cute thread idea! my mum really likes The Greatest and says it reminds her of The Beatles. she's not a huge lana fan or anything, but she said she finds her music very relaxing and would be happy when i turned it on in the car lol. i remember one time years ago she called me down for dinner and to my surprise she had Ultraviolence (the album) playing on shuffle in the background :wub: was a really cute moment. i think she also likes Ride!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

My mom doesn't listen to foreign music but she liked Shades of Blue enough that she came in to my bedroom and said how beautiful the chorus is. Her friends love Lana and were praising me when I showed her records. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

my mom loves cola for the opening line :ma:

SaTdw.gifSaTdd.gif