Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

friendship w lana ended, now mike is my best f :nails:

tenor.gif

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 hours ago, Nikogo said:

Where is the good sis @Lentilus, he’d be loving this 

Ooop!  I've been reading y'alls hype!!! I'm here in spirit!!! I'm in mourning of the recent passing of my grandma right now! But I'll be back in no time to be part of the craziness!!:kiss:

The snippet reminds me of her Off to the races and UV vocals.
I liked Jack’s work but now it made me realise COCC could have been a brilliant and spectacular album if only he hadn’t “stripped down” so much.

The melody in most of the songs in COCC is beautiful but it lacked a great production and vocals.

Can you imagine Chemtrails, Tulsa, Love Song and Cinnamon tracks with Mike Dean production? They would’ve been gems! 

13 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

The snippet reminds me of her Off to the races and UV vocals.
I liked Jack’s work but now it made me realise COCC could have been a brilliant and spectacular album if only he hadn’t “stripped down” so much.

The melody in most of the songs in COCC is beautiful but it lacked a great production and vocals.

Can you imagine Chemtrails, Tulsa, Love Song and Cinnamon tracks with Mike Dean production? They would’ve been gems! 

mhhh... let’s wait until we really hear what Mike did with Lana. I’m really excited to hear what he has to bring to the table, but I doubt Love song or Chemtrails would’ve been better if they were produced by him. He’s a hip hop producer first, let’s not forget about that. I don’t want to speak too soon but I doubt he’s as talented as Jack when it comes to piano and strings ballads like Love song or NFR

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

44 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

mhhh... let’s wait until we really hear what Mike did with Lana. I’m really excited to hear what he has to bring to the table, but I doubt Love song or Chemtrails would’ve been better if they were produced by him. He’s a hip hop producer first, let’s not forget about that. I don’t want to speak too soon but I doubt he’s as talented as Jack when it comes to piano and strings ballads like Love song or NFR

sorry but piano and string wise jack isn’t talented at all. his piano work is kinda always the same, too simple and quite honestly boring at times. don’t get me started on his horrible compressed mixing. the strings on nfr are some of the worst in her career, they sound so fake i’m sure he made them on garageband. again i’ll trust the man who worked with beyoncé, madonna, jay-z and kanye west before i’ll trust the one who only worked with one of the blandest, generic pop stars in the world :scoff:

6 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

sorry but piano and string wise jack isn’t talented at all. his piano work is kinda always the same, too simple and quite honestly boring at times. don’t get me started on his horrible compressed mixing. the strings on nfr are some of the worst in her career, they sound so fake i’m sure he made them on garageband. again i’ll trust the man who worked with beyoncé, madonna, jay-z and kanye west before i’ll trust the one who only worked with one of the blandest, generic pop stars in the world :scoff:

Jsyk the strings on nfr are mellotron not real strings that's why it sounds like that

15 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

You surely have never heard anything else he did with other artists if you think he’s not talented with the piano

~?~

2 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

You surely have never heard anything else he did with other artists if you think he’s not talented with the piano

Honest question: Which piano songs did he do that showcase his talent? Neither MassEducation nor Melodrama were very impressive in that department.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

25 minutes ago, theelusivechanteur said:

About 6 and a half hours and still no announcement... :crossed: Anyway, any last words for the Chemtrails era? :diva:

Chemtrails, you were sweet. I just feel like Lana and Jack (you can't blame everything on Jack) didn't really know where to go after NFR and maybe their partnership was fizzling out.

6 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Honest question: Which piano songs did he do that showcase his talent? Neither MassEducation nor Melodrama were very impressive in that department.

tenor.gif?itemid=20050439

Chemtrails had it's time to shine even if it was unfortunately short - a majority hate it for their own reasons but I'm glad Lana managed to put it out instead of shelving it because despite it's flaws, it's still a great body of work with a great concept and narrative to boot.

As Lana said herself "Chemtrails" is like a standstill and I think everyone could agree - it's such a perfect album in between her discography that signifies what's come before it and what's to come after it, and the notion of which is very exciting. :wub:  

After all Chemtrails graced us with God Dress and many great additions to her discography - but a change has come and we're so here for it ;)

49 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

nice try but i love melodrama and masseduction. melodrama has nothing mind blowing nor interesting in the piano department. i mean one (1) simple piano ballad? groundbreaking. concerning massseduction the production sounds so good because st vincent herself plays most of it, especially the guitars, jack isn’t to be credited for that. what’s your next example ? 1989 ? reputation ? :lmao:nah i’m good with lemonade, selftitled and my beautiful dark twisted fantasy thank you very much. 

47 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

He’s shown multiple times live that he could basically do whatever he wanted with the piano. But I’ll have to admit that the songs on Melodrama don’t really have any complex chord progression. However, the title track on NFR or even hope are amazing to me. It’s all about the little complexity and the details, the pace, the velocity. I doubt a hip hop producer can do better than Jack with the piano, but that’s not a shade at all :)

~?~