Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Jack actually fell out of a tree when he was seven years old, and the fall broke his fingers - since then he's been able to play the most beautiful chords with the strange and unusual positions of his fingers. 

:agree:

Comes to show you can do anything you set your mind to! Gotta admire his resolve! 

Jack actually fell out of a tree when he was seven years old, and the fall broke his fingers - since then he's been able to play the most beautiful chords with the strange and unusual positions of his fingers. 

He can play with the strange and unusual positions of his fingers inside me :usrs:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

Ok I know this is a joke about Lana’s tree story but tbh Joni Mitchell ‘s creative guitar playing was bc her hand was fucked from polio so that made this extra funny (maybe you were referencing that too, if so, niiice, if not, still nice lol)

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

This!!! I really love the NFR! cover, the only thing I don't like on it is the comic style logo but nevertheless I really like this cover. I love that is has a concept, she is on a boat, on the sea, the man beside her, "If your lose your way just take my hand", the burning Calfornia in the back, the painted sky.....it all reflects some things from the album and for me it fits. With the title "Chemtrails Over The Country Club" she can make a beautiful cover and I hope we don't get just a simple photo as Clampigirl said. So many people on this thread had brilliant ideas for the album cover :flutter: but I trust Lana as well this time

i agree on the comic font, i dislike it because it was supposed to hint at some surfy concepts, but only FIILY ended up being that? i don't know, it felt like it was there for no reason. 

Honestly, I never loved it from day one, and still don't, because I don't feel that the colours on the cover reflect the music.

This. I appreciate the cover objectively without the music in mind, but as you said, it doesn't really reflect the tone of the album, I feel like The Greatest and FIILY are the only two songs that go well with it... 

The painted sky is the only aspect that rightfully represents the concept of the album and sets it apart from the others imo.

This. I appreciate the cover objectively without the music in mind, but as you said, it doesn't really reflect the tone of the album, I feel like The Greatest and FIILY are the only two songs that go well with it...

The painted sky is the only aspect that rightfully represents the concept of the album and sets it apart from the others imo.

Didn’t she say that she hesitated a lot with the font, but put it there last minute because it was simply cool?

I love the font because it’s so comic book and I’m a bit of comic book / pop art nerd. But I get why some dont like it, it’s true it’s not super coherent with the themes of the album.

I’d be down with her “classic Lana” font for this one.

Didn’t she say that she hesitated a lot with the font, but put it there last minute because it was simply cool?

I love the font because it’s so comic book and I’m a bit of comic book / pop art nerd. But I get why some dont like it, it’s true it’s not super coherent with the themes of the album.

I’d be down with her “classic Lana” font for this one.

I think she said she had two different ones and yeah, chose that one cos it was cool.

I bet the other one was better, knowing her

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I think she said she had two different ones and yeah, chose that one cos it was cool.

I bet the other one was better, knowing her

Maybe the other font is the one they used  on the cover of alternative /exclusive UO vinyl

R-14065414-1567174811-9784.jpeg.jpg

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Maybe the other font is the one they used  on the cover of alternative /exclusive UO vinyl

R-14065414-1567174811-9784.jpeg.jpg

im so glad they scrapped this ugly ass cover

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Hapiness is so beautiful as a stripped back ballad, and I am soo relieved she didn't try to make it "cinematic". She saved it from the same fate as Lust for Life, Beautiful People, How to Disappear and Lucky Ones.

Whats wrong w em.. id pick any of those songs over Happiness. I love cimematic sound. Lust for life n Love are what made me a lana stan

Hapiness is so beautiful as a stripped back ballad, and I am soo relieved she didn't try to make it "cinematic". She saved it from the same fate as Lust for Life, Beautiful People, How to Disappear and Lucky Ones.

What?! Cinematic suits Lana, It’s ok you are entitled to your wrong opinion

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Sorry if this has been said before - My opinion is that this album is basically songs she was writing or were going to be on NFR but didn’t make the cut. Probably wrote a lot of them in the spring and summer last year. She realised she had enough material for them to fit with a new record. I mean she practically announced this record the day NFR released...so was well underway. I’m guessing she wrapped it up around March before the pandemic took hold. If you think about it, surely it would have been really difficult to record this record during lockdown.

she finished NFR way before it was released and talked about how her new music had to do with star signs which she didn't talk about at all on NFR

MTWBT was made right after UV was released and lust for life the song was written the day honeymoon was released, she starts working on her next album pretty fast

she ends up working on songs for her albums until like the week it has to be submitted and she posted a pic of her and jack working on music at the end of may

i love you, but you don't understand me.