Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

notice how every long titled lana song is a bad song

Debatable though, WTWWAWWKD is lowkey a bop. But hiadtfawlmth-bihi is just like... a tad overdone and repetitive.

Can't wait to see how LMLYLAW will measure up to those.

4 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

notice how every long titled lana song is a bad song

it's funny to me how this is kinda true, not a huge fan of hiadtfawlmth-bihi, wtwwawwkd, gbaaltbwii, tnbar, or coachella... :toofunny:

HOWEVER... gramma (blue ribbon sparkler trailer heaven) is quite a long title and that song is a classic.

Lana Del Rey Shades Of Cool Gif

i ' m  y o u r  l i t t l e  q u e e n ✵ r e d , w h i t e , a n d  b l u e 

2 minutes ago, Elle said:

I don't think it's a question of if/when she stops writing, but more of a question of if/when she stops sharing it with us.

"I don’t want to sell my stories anymore, stop pushing me. Some stories aren’t meant to be sold. Some words aren’t meant to be told."

I'm sure Lana will be writing until the day she dies, but there may come a day where she chooses to keep her writing just for her rather than share it with the world (and I hope to g-d if that ever happens, it's a very long time away from now. As her father said, we need her music more than ever!) x 

‘A kid and two cat’s in the yard’ she’s got the two cats now the kid? Likely she’s going to want children at some point. So a break of more then a year is inevitable at some point in the next 5 years. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

8 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

‘A kid and two cat’s in the yard’ she’s got the two cats now the kid? Likely she’s going to want children at some point. So a break of more then a year is inevitable at some point in the next 5 years. 

I could see this happening. I could also see the pregnancy/birth inspiring her to write a lot. Maybe she'll build a home studio.

let me be who i'm meant to be

1 minute ago, strange weather said:

I could see this happening. I could also see the pregnancy/birth inspiring her to write a lot. Maybe she'll build a home studio.

All I’m asking is that she doesn't do a “pregnancy / new mother” album. I hate those. Even Adele could not sell that song to me. 

22 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Having a child doesn’t mean a break at all. Look at Katy Perry, heavily pregnant and putting out an album 

17 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

All I’m asking is that she doesn't do a “pregnancy / new mother” album. I hate those. Even Adele could not sell that song to me. 

I think they are very hit or miss. Tori Amos didn’t do a great job at it (well, she mostly just had a few songs, but all the motherhood songs are not so loved), but Alela Diane made an absolutely lovely album about motherhood. 

I don’t know if I’d trust Lana to make a good one, though. 

4 minutes ago, CruelViolet said:

Having a child doesn’t mean a break at all. Look at Katy Perry, heavily pregnant and putting out an album 

She recorded the music before she was pregnant though,  I definitely think it would make Lana preoccupied. No offence but Katy’s music is more generic, she could probably whip up a whole album in 10 minuets while on the toilet and send it off to all the top producers to do the rest ?

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

if lana were to write songs about her pregnancy/motherhood i would think it would come straight from her heart, i think it would be very heartfelt and vulnerable, i just can't see how lana could write an album about motherhood that's corny and generic, if it's something that's genuine to her.  

Lana Del Rey Shades Of Cool Gif

i ' m  y o u r  l i t t l e  q u e e n ✵ r e d , w h i t e , a n d  b l u e 

22 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Motherhood changed Madonna completely and she gave us probably her most introspective album (maybe even her best), so I'm curious to see how it would affect Lana

46 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m pretty sure she was talking about a man, Joe maybe?

”Goddamn man-Child” (NFR)

”I’ve got a kid and two cats in the yard”(How To Disappear)

”You don’t wanna be forgotten, you just wanna disappear” (Never To Heaven)

I didn’t call you by any other name, I let you know that I knew the true nature of your heart” (My Bed Is A Sacred Place Now..)

I think it’s just one big story

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

23 minutes ago, Roll With me said:

Motherhood changed Madonna completely and she gave us probably her most introspective album (maybe even her best), so I'm curious to see how it would affect Lana

It’s true that Ray of Light is a marvellous album. There’s also that spiritual dimension to it that is so intriguing and that makes it fresh. If Lana can pull something in those cords, I’m all for it. But most often than not I’m not on board with a “pregnancy album” 

8 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

let’s not forget britney spears recording blackout while 7 months pregnant :umadney:

It’s like people thing pregnant people are unable to do lot of things. There’s literally people standing up working in a shop for 9 hours whilst 7 months pregnant.