Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, 111 said:

Y'ALL I'M SCREAMING OMFGGGGGGGG :lmao:the thing i just found out pls i-

good or bad ? tell us since you can’t tell atrl :ma:

edit: it’s about grampa’s album isn’t it ? :emma:

I had to consult chatgpt to end my starvation .

LDR10 

I wouldn't mind something like that in the future .

1. "Euphoric Memories" (feat. The Weeknd)
  2. "Lonely Nights in Paradise" (feat. A$AP Rocky)
  3. "Broken Dreams Boulevard" (feat. Sean Lennon)
  4. "Hazy Summer Love" (feat. Jack Antonoff)
  5. "Midnight Masquerade" (feat. Miguel)
  6. "Lost in the Echoes" (feat. Chromatics)
  7. "Luminous Illusion" (feat. Dan Auerbach)
  8. "Melancholic Rhapsody" (feat. Florence + the Machine)
  9. "Siren's Song" (feat. Tame Impala)
  10. "Nostalgic Echoes" (feat. Sharon Van Etten)

4 minutes ago, White Dress said:

She looks… off in the middle. I think her head is too big which is making her look too short and unfortunately due to that and her neck length here, reads as 

Reveal hidden contents

A man

He is an art student, obviously he is not going to do it perfect

DaringAdventurousKob-max-1mb.gif

21 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

:hype::hype::hype::hype::hype::hype:

ive always wondered where this gif came from someone tell me plz 

It's from this video Charlie uploaded to his IG stories in August 2020 - 

View post on imgur.com

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

11 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

some instagram story during chemtrails' era, there was some creepy ass doll too if i remember correctly :trisha: unhinged

4 minutes ago, Elle said:

It's from this video Charlie uploaded to his IG stories in August 2020 - 

i am crying how have i never seen this :air::air::air:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

21 hours ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

i'm an english graduate so imma give you a few pointers on academic writing (i can't sleep and got nothing better to do)

i'm writing this to genuinely help you with your course, not to make fun of you or anything

who? name a media outlet or a critic who has accused the title track; if your essay is based on opposing these allegations, you must be more clear on who has made these allegations and for which reason. "many people" doesn't tell the reader anything. you need specific examples (which is the reoccurring issue in the essay)

absolutely not. your argument in an essay cannot be that you have common sense. delete. your viewpoint needs to be supported by factual arguments and evidence, it can't be "just trust me bro"

i love how you say this and then proceed to provide no background for the song at all:air2: the background would provide us with info about the era of her career and the topics she dealt with at that time of the song release, other related media such as the song's music video and other songs from the album and her opus that are correlated to lana's songwriting in Ultraviolence, and then more specific who is she singing about in the song etc.

you cannot analyze a lyrics and not provide any examples. You should have copied a few lines and said "in this line it's evident that she' talking about this and that." you need to imagine that this is going to be read by someone who never heard the song so all this would mean nothing to an average reader (and that's one of the important aspects of academic writing when it comes to topics like this - you always have to assume the reader does not know anything about the matter, in other words, you need to spell everything out and be as specific as possible) . For example, Lana Del Rey opens the song by saying that her lover used to call her a deadly nightshade. This implies this and that (and in this part you argue how this line supports you view)... I know this sound very dumbed-down, but this is an academic way of presenting information. evidence (example) spelled out + analysis

the part with "they serve as a cautionary tale" is very interesting and i wish you actually showed us how exactly and in which lines is the song a cautionary tale. that would have been an amazing argument, i love the expression cautionary tale, great job with that

girl what is the message? you mention it twice and you're defending the message without even telling us what is the message of the song :air2:

you could have gone so much deeper into explaining how does the song not romanticize abuse and toxic relationships. even to me it's unclear how exactly how argued that it does not. because you basically expressed you general opinion and the feeling you get when you listen to the song, but you didn't make any strong arguments. in which part of the song or in which line can we see that Lana's not romanticizing abuse? How can you prove that she's singing from a perspective of someone who's aware of the danger of toxic love and not from the perspective of someone who's lost in it or enjoying it?

no shade to lana, but how? again, you need to prove this. how does the lyrical style show her talent? what lyrical devices did she use? what words or lines can be felt strongly by the listener and why? what about storytelling?

in conclusion, you have a great way with words and it all looks nice. I have zero notes for the language and writing style, A+  for that. however, the content is an issue. you need to be so much more specific. provide examples, have clear arguments, go into depth and take us there. your essay is very very general, very subjective, and it doesn't say too much of something specific and it doesn't really help the reader learn something new or make him/her think about the topic

Thankyou, i emailed my tutor and asked if i could resubmit it and they said i could if i wanted too and will give me a new submission link - this is the first essay i have ever written ( and most of my class too!), so this feed bacm is helpful, thankyou for being so nice about the feedback. when i rewrite it ill post it here too! <3 

1 minute ago, hehitmeanditfeltlikeakis said:

Thankyou, i emailed my tutor and asked if i could resubmit it and they said i could if i wanted too and will give me a new submission link - this is the first essay i have ever written ( and most of my class too!), so this feed bacm is helpful, thankyou for being so nice about the feedback. when i rewrite it ill post it here too! <3 

no problem ❤️

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

30 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

so someone said on reddit original Norman fucking rockwell version - Bird World, it might was misheard and its actually Burnt World:illumilana: makes so much sense

I always heard Burnt World tbh like scorched earth. Bird World really doesn't make any sense to me :rip:

But the fandom adopted Bird World so :oop2: We should ask her about it next time she goes live Ys2cxm7.gif Also any alternate contenders for Ocean Blvd's title :mj:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

13 minutes ago, boom like that said:

I always heard Burnt World tbh like scorched earth. Bird World really doesn't make any sense to me :rip:

But the fandom adopted Bird World so :oop2: We should ask her about it next time she goes live Ys2cxm7.gif Also any alternate contenders for Ocean Blvd's title :mj:

For Ocean Blvd alternative titles all we have is the mysterious DNC :true:

1 hour ago, lanaismamom said:

so someone said on reddit original Norman fucking rockwell version - Bird World, it might was misheard and its actually Burnt World:illumilana: makes so much sense

makes so much sense and fits her style. Maybe it could have been a reference to The Greatest “L.A. is in flames, it’s getting hot” and explains why there’s a city in flames behind her in the cover :illumilana2:

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore