Norman

Honeymoon

Blue Banisters

Ultraviolence 

Chemtrails

Lust for Life

Paradise

Born to Die

I find myself gravitating more towards her recent work. As others have stated it just feels more real, honest, and relatable. Being closer to her age and kind of growing/maturing with her as her albums have been released has allowed each album to have it’s own time for/with me. That said we all grow, change, and move forward. 

While Ultra and BTD are staples in her discography I have found them less relatable as I have gotten older. That said Honeymoon and Ultras compositions and just perfect concepts/execution keep them up in the rankings. 

Both Chemtrails and LFL have some real classics/highlights but as a whole just are not as impactful as the albums ranked above. 

I personally have always preferred Paradise as a whole vs BTD itself. I just think it is the better executed project. Not to say BTD is lacking by any means but just weighing the albums in full Paradise hits more for me. 

today it clicked for me idee.gif that Lana's main theme in her albums and songs (especially the first ones) is Americana. You find it everywhere: American cars, motorcycles, national anthem, blue jeans, pepsi cola ( :-) ), Lady Liberty, Norman Rockwell ...

even BB continues with it: 4th of July, Thunderbird, Nike (just do it), Cowboys (first BB snipet), John Deere

so it's no wonder that she also included country music

Just now, bluechemtrails said:

today it clicked for me idee.gif that Lana's main theme in her albums and songs (especially the first ones) is Americana. You find it everywhere: American cars, motorcycles, national anthem, blue jeans, pepsi cola ( :-) ), Lady Liberty, Norman Rockwell ...

even BB continues with it: 4th of July, Thunderbird, Nike (just do it), Cowboys (first BB snipet), John Deere

so it's no wonder that she also included country music

you're JUST now noticing this?

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

you're JUST now noticing this?

I've always noticed that these things exist, but only now have I understood the big picture, that it's really everywhere, that she uses these symbols with intention

2 minutes ago, keps2013 said:

wow omg lana recorded one of her best songs ever 5 years ago today named valley of the dolls. let’s celebrate that!:hype:

I'm still pissed off cause it was never finished

5 minutes ago, keps2013 said:

wow omg lana recorded one of her best songs ever 5 years ago today named valley of the dolls. let’s celebrate that!:hype:

i can't believe 2017 was 5 years ago :pout:

but, yes, valley of the dolls is such a great  song & we shall celebrate it! :true: 

baby... you're makin'... me CRAZIER than i AAAAaammmm :hair:

so, lately... i've been takin'... my VIOLETS, my ORANGES, my REEEEEeedsss :hair:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

The run of Sad Girl —> Pretty When You Cry —> Money Power Glory —> Fucked My Way Up to the Top is so underrated and might be my favorite of 4-track run of any of her albums 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

8 minutes ago, Diamantes said:

Lana in the future is_married_blanche_baker_2019-02-20_3.we

she looks like the evil villain in a movie that has all the money power and glory (pun partially intended) and is effectively unstoppable until the main characters stop her with the power of love

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

she looks like the evil villain in a movie that has all the money power and glory (pun partially intended) and is effectively unstoppable until the main characters stop her with the power of love

yes but she also looks very much like blanche baker hahahaha

UV/Honeymoon

idk where to put this but i need help figuring out a tracklist for her 2007/2008 outtakes

this is what i have it as so far

1. Disco
  2. Jimmy Gnecco
  3. My Song 57
  4. Bently
  5. Get Drunk
  6. Let Me Hair Down
  7. Come When You Call Me A.M.E.R.I.C.A.
  8. Dance for Money
  9. 1949
  10. Trash Magic
  11. Roll with Me (on the Radio)
  12. 4th of July
  13. Strange Love
  14. Pin Up Galore
  15. Crooked Cop
  16. Elvis
  17. Jesus is My Boyfriend
  18. Axl Rose Husband
  19. Waimea
  20. C U L8R Alligator

ok was just listening to las culturistas list their top 10 taylor songs and it made me want to make (updated? not sure if i've written one somewhere in the caves of LB already) one for lana's officially released and lizzy grant era (made them separate bc honestly would've been too hard otherwise!). would love to see other people's lists, esp now that BB has been out for a few months.

top 10 in LDR's discography (released, and in no particular order bc i adore them each)

1. cruel world

2. honeymoon

3. terrence loves you

4. salvatore

5. freak

6. happiness is a butterfly

7. hope is dangerous thing

8. white dress

9. NAWWAL

10. nectar of the gods

runners up: bel air, shades of cool, wild at heart, cherry blossom, is this happiness, sad girl, brooklyn baby, the other woman, yosemite, if you lie down with me, dance til we die, art deco, music to watch boys to

top 10 lizzy grant era songs (no particular order)

1. pin up galore

2. trash magic

3. dance for money

4. ben

5. queen of the gas station

6. for k part 2

7. mermaid motel (demo)

8. yayo (demo)

9. jimmy gnecco

10. disco

aOaIzH2.gif