Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

54 minutes ago, LanaCharts said:

Tiktok stans loving Paris, Texas I didn’t see that coming, we didn’t, if you say you saw it coming you’re lying

I figured it would be popular on Tiktok, it has those coquette vibes after all lol

1 hour ago, peachlipgloss said:

i know that i’m late, but i have successfully avoided all leaks and snippets and am about to listen to the entire album front to back right now for the very first time. will report back :toofunny:

the grants: i’m already crying

dykttatuob: harry nilsson has a song, his voice breaks at 2:05

sweet: oh my god i love her 

a&w: sexy serve of course

candy necklace: i wasn’t expecting candy necklace to sound like this and i’m pleasantly surprised

kintsugi: :crai:

fingertips: i can barely type this and read the screen through my tears right now

paris, texas: going to be on repeat in my future methinks

grandfather: oh my god 

let the light in: this song is so beautiful it makes me want to live my life

margaret: ok cute  i need to listen again

fishtail: OH MY GOD

peppers: this song is SO HOT

taco truck x vb: okay this literally changed the trajectory of my life forever and i already know it’s going to be my song of the summer

There’s something so dark and paradise-ish about candy necklace I feel like I’ve had this song for years not in a way it feels old or boring but in a sort of timeless way :pray2: 

Spoiler

That probably made no sense to anyone but it made sense to me xoxo

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

1 minute ago, CinnamonGay said:

So what songs are we expecting on her festival tour?

TT x VB - closer

Opening - A&W/Peppers.

I can see her doing CN/PT/Title track/Sweet

i want fishtails, cn, taco truck, peppers, a&w

lana is doing

grants

sweet 

and a nikki lane medley

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

Just now, Brooklynbaby said:

There’s something so dark and paradise-ish about candy necklace I feel like I’ve had this song for years not in a way it feels old or boring but in a sort of timeless way :pray2: 

Hide contents

That probably made no sense to anyone but it made sense to me xoxo

that made absolutely sense. i see dark paradise and blackest day as the fathers of this genius song. i am diving into a new world while i listening to this masterpiece.

Now it is my favorite song on this album.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

fantano reacted to candy necklace, grandfather and let the light in and liked all of them, especially LTLI. he was going to react to peppers but people were asking for fingertips so he did it instead :toofloppy: still liked it though 

4 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

So what songs are we expecting on her festival tour?

TT x VB - closer

Opening - A&W/Peppers.

I can see her doing CN/PT/Title track/Sweet

I think she will do candy necklace, the title track and the grants. A lot of these songs wouldn't translate well live, like Kintsugi, Fingertips, Paris Texas, Peppers. And Jack won't follow her around so they can do Margaret.

Hopefully she will add some songs from blue banisters to her setlist, like nectar of the gods or thunder.

1 minute ago, Creyk said:

I think she will do candy necklace, the title track and the grants. A lot of these songs wouldn't translate well live, like Kintsugi, Fingertips, Paris Texas, Peppers. And Jack won't follow her around so they can do Margaret.

Hopefully she will add some songs from blue banisters to her setlist, like nectar of the gods or thunder.

I would simply die for her to do Living Legend so we could all scream it at her. Our very own living legend :flutter:

photo.jpglanadelrey-1jpg.jpgphoto.jpg

2 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

fantano reacted to candy necklace, grandfather and let the light in and liked all of them, especially LTLI. he was going to react to peppers but people were asking for fingertips so he did it instead :toofloppy: still liked it though 

i was so pissed when he clicked out of peppers

This album will always have a special place in my heart because so many things she mentions has happened to me the past few months my great grandmother passed in September and I was there in her last days, she made me promise to not forget her next thing I know the title track came out with “don’t forget me” :icant:then grants had me crying over the “my grandmothers last smile” then fucking kintsugi was the nail on the coffin for me this album is destroying me inside life really does imitate art doesn’t it :crying2: 

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

Just now, Honeyyoung said:

1 minute ago, BartenderDeco said:

fantano listened to candy necklace, fingertips, let the light in and grandfather

he liked all of them but especially loved let the light in 

Well makes sense, Let the light in is the best song of the album.

finally going to throw the shell that my ex gave to me into the river tomorrow near where he lives... my tulsa moment 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e