Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

It's interesting that the photoshot is her in the room, as the album sounds like secrets said inside. It's a personal album that she didn't need to force. She's wanted to tell these reflections for a long time, but only now did it come out in such an organic way (Blue Banisters was a beautiful bridge). We wanted to hear the intense adventures, but it's the type of album that a woman, at her age, would make.

We are still so young and so inexperienced. We have so much to learn, that I think about how this album will sound when we are adults and the same questions presented are relevant to us.

Another thing: it's bizarre how her discography, in chronology, sounds like a coming-of-age and discovery story, which, if she wanted to end it here, would be a great ending. At the same time, it seems like just the beginning of much more to come! It's crazy to think that she's on her NINTH album and still maintains the same level of interest from the public. We WANT to see what she does next. In the last two years, she has resurrected her career.

4 hours ago, honey dew said:

The Grants, Tunnel, Sweet, Candy Necklace, Kintsugi and Fingertips all still give me goosebumps every time I listen it's CRAZYYY how she did that

i was just thinking this earlier tonight, too. i had it playing and it was like.... damn that first two thirds of the album just fucking HITS in so many different ways than her other albums. maybe it's because i've had so much time with the others and i still love them so much, but fucking hell, this album hurts and hits so different every time. especially between tunnel, sweet, a&w, and candy necklace, those tracks all hit you so directly as the listener. she really knew what she was doing with those.

On 10/13/2023 at 9:43 PM, terrenceszyou said:

It's interesting that the photoshot is her in the room, as the album sounds like secrets said inside. It's a personal album that she didn't need to force. She's wanted to tell these reflections for a long time, but only now did it come out in such an organic way (Blue Banisters was a beautiful bridge). We wanted to hear the intense adventures, but it's the type of album that a woman, at her age, would make.

We are still so young and so inexperienced. We have so much to learn, that I think about how this album will sound when we are adults and the same questions presented are relevant to us.

Another thing: it's bizarre how her discography, in chronology, sounds like a coming-of-age and discovery story, which, if she wanted to end it here, would be a great ending. At the same time, it seems like just the beginning of much more to come! It's crazy to think that she's on her NINTH album and still maintains the same level of interest from the public. We WANT to see what she does next. In the last two years, she has resurrected her career.

listening to the bit on A&W where she says "i won't testify, already fucked up my story. on top of this, so many other things you wouldn't believe" this makes me desperate for an autobiography. she can only say so much on an album or 9, like i wanna know what her fucking story truly is. we get it, we know what she's said in the albums and on instagram, but just fucking sell me a 600 page book already that's official, not some weird stan's book honeymouns and tell me all the things you don't think i'd believe

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

39 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

Grammy's nominations this week, right? can't wait to see Lana's nominations:oic2:

WAIT ALREADY THIS WEEK? :oprah2: OMFG I JUST CHECKED AND YEAH, NOV 10 OMFG WHAT HAPPENED TO TIME!?

url%5D

I know it was probably unintentional but the A&W “single cover” (the pic on YouTube) looks very reminiscent of promo pics from The Virgin Suicides. I think it is kinda perfect for the song so I am just going to pretend it was on purpose:agree:

1 hour ago, DEMONDELREY said:

The Beatles’ version of A Taste of Honey (gorgeous cover btw) reminds me of Lana‘s vocals in the Jon Batiste Interlude. Just thought I would put that out there lol 

ohh yes i hear it!!

im still not over the title track from this album, it's such a beautiful sad and honest song! it breaks my heart the way lana asks when's it gonna be her turn and her need to rely on others for a "simple" self love. it breaks my heart even more when she compares herself to a tunnel, a place where people pass by without even realizing it. I always have the thought of loneliness and be forgotten while listening to "did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd", but also a chance to move on. she sings that she can't but she knows she can.

SFP2h.gif

3 minutes ago, Jared said:

Let The Light In and Margaret becoming the biggest/most enduring hits from this album is kinda hilarious. Goes against the narrative that people only want ''old Lana''.  :teehee:  

and the hatred margaret received at the start! glad margaret got what she deserved 💅:liner:

giphy.gif

This album is just so gorgeous :wowcry:

Fingertips really became one of my faves faves in these couple of months :oprah:

What an album:wowcry:

Also isn't it crazy that the title track turns one year old in less than a month, the first listen experience feels like it was yesterday,  instantly became a top 3 title track for me :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: