Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

18 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Let the Light In has just become the most streamed song from this album. Who would have thought? 

It’s cute but A&W is career defining and deserved it. 

Also she should’ve submitted LTLI for Grammy Pop Duo instead of CN imo 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

8 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

Let the Light In has just become the most streamed song from this album. Who would have thought? 

It has such a soothing, laid-back vibe kinda similar to some NFR tracks

it's not my favorite from the album but I can understand

Both Fishtail and the Jon Interlude are suddenly nowhere to be seen (at least in my region) in the Instagram music feature... it probably means nothing but I find it a bit weird :um2:

It would be so Lana to make a MV for those two and release them as singles as Grammy campaign :hide:

It's probably a random bug in the platform but sometimes tracks disappear temporarily from there when there's some kind of distribution change (for example when labels make EPs/bundles with already released singles or when standalone tracks get added to an album)

giphy.gif

Let the Light In deserved to be a single, have a MV, acknowledged by Lana and nominated for Best Duo at the Grammys.

OHHHHH LET THE LIIIGHT IIIN :trisha:

12 hours ago, Evergreen said:

A great result for this album and Lana!

In comparison, it took 2 years (!) for Lust For Life to reach the same milestone, and it's a much more accessible album with big collabs.

the album is a success! With the nominations for candy necklace, 5 grammy nominations, and good sales numbers, it's definitely one that will be remembered. 

i only wish it had a bonafide hit. That's why i'm saying that the next one has to have a more lighthearted bop on it. She's become too serious on her last three albums, which is why there were no billboard 100 hits

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

She's become too serious on her last three albums, which is why there were no billboard 100 hits

you had me until this sentence. I know it wasn’t your intention, but this read as “she needs to dumb it down” in all honesty, which she shouldn’t. Fuck the Billboard Hot 100 give us more melancholia. 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

4 hours ago, Mer said:

you had me until this sentence. I know it wasn’t your intention, but this read as “she needs to dumb it down” in all honesty, which she shouldn’t. Fuck the Billboard Hot 100 give us more melancholia. 

i disagree. She doesn't need to dumb it down. A song can be smart and deep whilst being uplifting or a bop / music you can dance to. Example: summetime sadness.

to say that she should stick to melancholy is a bit limiting to her talents. Even nfr, her greatest album by all account, had doin' time on it. Does that make it less of a record, less smart, and less melancholy? No.

all i'm saying is - three dark and melancholic albums back to back with no conventional hits is a bit of a bore. 

On 11/26/2023 at 9:41 AM, Mer said:

I think what is meant here is that some of her songs have become "heavy fare", lacking lightness and humor. But there are enough counter-examples, such as 'Dealer', 'Peppers' or A&W part 2.

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

I think what is meant here is that some of her songs have become "heavy fare", lacking lightness and humor. But there are enough counter-examples, such as 'Dealer', 'Peppers' or A&W part 2.

I think Dealer is extremely distressing and heavy, especially for anyone who has been experienced living with (and loving) an addict. It makes me cry at times. 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

On 11/26/2023 at 5:32 PM, barttttender said:

She's become too serious on her last three albums, which is why there were no billboard 100 hits

Actually, it's kinda so fucking extra for her to DONT HAVE TO HAVE A HOT 100 HIT ON BILLBOARD but still selling out arenas, even 2 fucking stadium nights this year, 5 Grammys for this album only... Iconic. She doesnt have to be a mainstream pleaser

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 hours ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

I think Dealer is extremely distressing and heavy, especially for anyone who has been experienced living with (and loving) an addict. It makes me cry at times. 

yeah I didn’t experience any of that but people tend to dumb down Dealer a lot, only because it’s “camp” due to the screaming