Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

I mean this in the nicest and least pretentious possible: I feel sad for people who don’t vibe with this album and don’t consider it her best work. It’s one of the best albums of all time and my personal favorite album of all time. I’ve never seen her songwriting so strong or so personal, so creative (and lord knows she’s always been incredibly creative). This feels like the most Lana album we’ve ever gotten and the most of Lana we’ve ever been given.

I understand people have different music tastes and have different experiences and personal ties to certain albums or music. But I really don’t understand how, if you’re a true Lana fan, you don’t like this album or don’t consider it one of her best. I NEVER thought she’d be able to top NFR or her other albums, but this feels almost like it’s in a different realm for me. And that’s not me knocking on any of her past albums because I think just as highly of them as I ever have - it’s more of a testament to how highly I think of this album. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

18 minutes ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

I mean this in the nicest and least pretentious possible: I feel sad for people who don’t vibe with this album and don’t consider it her best work. It’s one of the best albums of all time and my personal favorite album of all time. I’ve never seen her songwriting so strong or so personal, so creative (and lord knows she’s always been incredibly creative). This feels like the most Lana album we’ve ever gotten and the most of Lana we’ve ever been given.

I understand people have different music tastes and have different experiences and personal ties to certain albums or music. But I really don’t understand how, if you’re a true Lana fan, you don’t like this album or don’t consider it one of her best. I NEVER thought she’d be able to top NFR or her other albums, but this feels almost like it’s in a different realm for me. And that’s not me knocking on any of her past albums because I think just as highly of them as I ever have - it’s more of a testament to how highly I think of this album. 

:legend:

The way Lana either created or further developed a style/subgenre of folk with this album. It's so trippy in such an organic and emotional way. A composer. (Thank you Jack too)

when will we have the HQ titty cover, :pout:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

i am one of the people that doesnt love this album but i totally agree that its in a separate realm. it doesnt feel right comparing it to her other albums and for that reason, i try not to. i miss her world building and more structured songs but thats not what this album is trying to be. it’s completely separate from that n i can respect it. 

37 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

I'm surprised more people haven't made the link between "his voice breaks at 2:05" and Kintsugi.

Song still makes me too upset to listen to but I will certainly take mental note of this and circle back lol.

10 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

He wrote "minus Margaret" guys. We should be saying that LOUDER

1 minute ago, ldr9superiority said:

I really don't get Margaret slander at all. It is literally so heartwarming, organic and beautiful. Jack sounded good, Lana sounded angelic. 

She's a cute girl but it's just not on the same level, to me, as the other tracks

and it's also very Taylor-ish meets COCC

4 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

It’s not. The interlude is literally called Judah Smith Interlude. 

yeah bc he's on it...? and all that matters is what he says on the interlude. she's given credited features to men who literally beat women and no one complained about that which is honestly worse than someone who just has bad opinions

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

Judas Smith interlude… 

I’ll put aside my personal history to be somewhat « more objective » about it.

my two problems with it are :

his tone of voice the yelling preaching tone makes me completely shut down to what was said. 

- did it have to be damn long? Like couldn’t they chop a minute or two? I read the « lyrics » to it and it’s not that bad (nothing really offensive there for anyone), but it’s a bit all over the place. It would have been so easy to remove a couple of parts of it.

hats off to Jack for the instrumentation though.

6 hours ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

Happy for you. But tbh, no need to throw shade and "feel sad" for people who don't like the album. Different strokes. I like it a lot. Is it better than NFR? No.

It's very, very slow and depressing at times and doesn't have any fun or upbeat moments ala Doin' Time or Summertime Sadness, which is why  is a lot of people aren't into it - and they have every right to feel that way. It doesn't mean their tastes are worse or less sophisticated than yours. :noparty: 

So, is this era already over?

We got Candy Necklace MV coming potentially, but anything else on the horizon? Seems to have gone and went away so fast.