Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

80/100 on metacritic now with Uncut 7/10 review added. From "Universal acclaim" the album is now "generally favourable reviews"

https://www.metacritic.com/music/did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd/lana-del-rey/critic-reviews

The fact that this album is struggling to be above 80/100 is a blasphemy. I call B.S.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

33 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

Why is Sweet so low? Are you guys more into basic bitches? :diva:

Watch Sweet and the other songs that aren’t as high right now on the ranking become new favourites in the months to come :ma: seriously, Sweet is so beautiful even if it’s easy to overlook it because of the other two « book end » tracks that are OB and A&W. 

she sure gave us an album that has a lot of replay value :flutter:

5 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

80/100 on metacritic now with Uncut 7/10 review added. From "Universal acclaim" the album is now "generally favourable reviews"

https://www.metacritic.com/music/did-you-know-that-theres-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd/lana-del-rey/critic-reviews

The fact that this album is struggling to be above 80/100 is a blasphemy. I call B.S.

80 is actually pretty good, considering that most critics aren’t fans of the artist they rate. 
anyways, just like the Grammy’s, critics to her albums don’t really « matter » overall: she is one of the best singer-songwriter out there and each of her albums are a chapter and a part of her life. At the end of her career, this is what the focus will be on : the larger picture she depicted and how each album is a part of that. 

10 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

80 is actually pretty good, considering that most critics aren’t fans of the artist they rate. 
anyways, just like the Grammy’s, critics to her albums don’t really « matter » overall: she is one of the best singer-songwriter out there and each of her albums are a chapter and a part of her life. At the end of her career, this is what the focus will be on : the larger picture she depicted and how each album is a part of that. 

well while people like Phoebe Bridgers getting above 85/100 scores so easily, its so unfair to see Lana & her brilliant artistry is struggling to stay above 80/100

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

4 hours ago, barttttender said:

Happy for you. But tbh, no need to throw shade and "feel sad" for people who don't like the album. Different strokes. I like it a lot. Is it better than NFR? No.

It's very, very slow and depressing at times and doesn't have any fun or upbeat moments ala Doin' Time or Summertime Sadness, which is why  is a lot of people aren't into it - and they have every right to feel that way. It doesn't mean their tastes are worse or less sophisticated than yours. :noparty: 

So, is this era already over?

We got Candy Necklace MV coming potentially, but anything else on the horizon? Seems to have gone and went away so fast. 

I promise I’m not throwing shade, looking down on anyone, saying my taste is better or more sophisticated than anyone. I seriously meant none of my comment to be hurtful or snobby at all though I may have failed at that. 

I do understand the album is very slow. It’s not the one I’m going to put on in the background when friends and family are around. Doin Time and Summertime Sadness will be the songs played then. Songs like the title track, Sweet, Kintsugi, Fingertips are not my usual favorite type of Lana song or song in general at all. I didn’t even care for the title track much when it was released. But her songwriting on those songs is just unbelievable, especially listened to in the context of the rest of the album. 

I’m just saying that this album is feels like Lana has put so much detail, thought, and of herself in it. It feels like such an expansion into who Lana is and such a mix of styles from all her previous albums that I feel like fans are missing out if they aren’t giving it a chance and diving in (because it can be slow and depressing and hard to appreciate right away).

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

6 minutes ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

I promise I’m not throwing shade, looking down on anyone, saying my taste is better or more sophisticated than anyone. I seriously meant none of my comment to be hurtful or snobby at all though I may have failed at that. 

I do understand the album is very slow. It’s not the one I’m going to put on in the background when friends and family are around. Doin Time and Summertime Sadness will be the songs played then. Songs like the title track, Sweet, Kintsugi, Fingertips are not my usual favorite type of Lana song or song in general at all. I didn’t even care for the title track much when it was released. But her songwriting on those songs is just unbelievable, especially listened to in the context of the rest of the album. 

I’m just saying that this album is feels like Lana has put so much detail, thought, and of herself in it. It feels like such an expansion into who Lana is and such a mix of styles from all her previous albums that I feel like fans are missing out if they aren’t giving it a chance and diving in, (because it can be slow and depressing and hard to appreciate right away).

Thanks for explaining. It's indisputable that it's a good record. Ocean Boulevard, for me, stands among her great songs ever. But I completely understand why some people would find this kind of music depressing and stay clear of it. It's not for everyone. So, just make peace with the fact that Lana is not Taylor or some "basic bitch' haha.

51 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

80 is a pretty average score. It’s not terrible or anything. It’s the same as BB though which some people on here think is like the worst album of all time. 

3 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Will I die? Or will I get to that ten year mark

Where I beat the extinction of telomeres?

Asteroid GIFs | Tenor

Fingertips is the jewel of the album. Those strings mixed with her most revealing, and best, lyrics makes that song 3 minutes long. The fact that it's the lowest streamed song....it's the lack of taste from the masses, let me keep this frickin gem for myself then.

7 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

Fingertips is the jewel of the album. Those strings mixed with her most revealing, and best, lyrics makes that song 3 minutes long. The fact that it's the lowest streamed song....it's the lack of taste from the masses, let me keep this frickin gem for myself then.

It’s now my duty to make it a top streamed song. Amen.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

2 minutes ago, Cherriwinkle said:

It’s now my duty to make it a top streamed song. Amen.

I said this a couple days ago and THE next day the streaming numbers were given and Fingertips was listened to like 100 grand less times. Like wtf is that and why did no one consider My feelings! Stream gurl, we got this. 

It's almost funny how it's my favorite but I can't even listen to Kintsugi cus it is currently too sad (dealing with some family stuff) I could listen to Fingertips all day. It's the start of the back half of the album for me and it soars from there.

48 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

80 is a pretty average score. It’s not terrible or anything. It’s the same as BB though which some people on here think is like the worst album of all time. 

I thought 70ish was average. 
BB is not bad at all. It might be a bit « too much of the same thing », at moments, but no way is it a bad album. 

49 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

Can't wait for the festivals to start because I feel like it's the only thing to look forward to this era

don't forget the mv(s)! i really hope they didn't scrap them tho.. :toofunny:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

15 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

I said this a couple days ago and THE next day the streaming numbers were given and Fingertips was listened to like 100 grand less times. Like wtf is that and why did no one consider My feelings! Stream gurl, we got this. 

It's almost funny how it's my favorite but I can't even listen to Kintsugi cus it is currently too sad (dealing with some family stuff) I could listen to Fingertips all day. It's the start of the back half of the album for me and it soars from there.

i'm streaming the shit out of fingertips, those numbers are lying :paris:

Capture.jpg