Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

17 hours ago, cherrytropico said:

the exception to this is let the light in, that track worked so well because fjm was just harmonizing with her and contributed to the vintage effect of that song. plus i didn’t mind jon batiste at the end of candy necklace. but tommy genesis taking up majority of peppers and being louder than lana…jack’s unintelligible parts in margaret…two interludes that were just yelling…it was a no from me.

Yeah, I found OC to be a real mishmash, very clumsy in that respect, and definitely not 'cohesive,' and 'cohesion' doesn't necessarily matter to me, but so many here say they like LDR albums to be cohesive. Also, I found some of Lana's vocals to be shrill for not good reason. The notes seemed to be notes she could sing without going sharp.  

I think 'Margaret' would have worked better without Jack's or Lana's spoken parts; both together sink the song for me, which is a shame, because I otherwise like it.

The same with 'Taco Truck': it's so good but then just as it really gets going it turns into grunge VB, which I feel is a loss to what could have been an antisocial LDR classic. 

I like 'LTLI' best, as its not repetitive and as you say, their voices work well together, and the 'love to love you' 'hate to hate you' are the highlight of the album for me. 

While we are talking about some abstract things, perhaps real magic is happening in one of the studios!

:sass:

Spoiler

or Jackie samples How to disappear/Wild At Heart on banjo and harmonica with reverberation for lead single of LDR13....

Also not bad!! :welcome:

12 minutes ago, Three White Butterflies said:

this is all so pre pre release era :bebe:

This was all expected but what I am more scared of is that this preprerelease will be hell of a long one and we will all go completely insane by the end of it, setting a very bad example for the LDR11 preprerelease:rip:

2 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

This was all expected but what I am more scared of is that this preprerelease will be hell of a long one and we will all go completely insane by the end of it, setting a very bad example for the LDR11 preprerelease:rip:

it all just seems to be going further downhill every pre-pre-release :bebe:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

Yeah, I found OC to be a real mishmash, very clumsy in that respect, and definitely not 'cohesive,' and 'cohesion' doesn't necessarily matter to me, but so many here say they like LDR albums to be cohesive. Also, I found some of Lana's vocals to be shrill for not good reason. The notes seemed to be notes she could sing without going sharp.  

I think 'Margaret' would have worked better without Jack's or Lana's spoken parts; both together sink the song for me, which is a shame, because I otherwise like it.

The same with 'Taco Truck': it's so good but then just as it really gets going it turns into grunge VB, which I feel is a loss to what could have been an antisocial LDR classic. 

I like 'LTLI' best, as its not receptive and as you say, their voices work well together, and the 'love to love you' 'hate to hate you' are the highlight of the album for me. 

grunge vb? Clearly you don't know what grunge music is

14 hours ago, Slow Dance to rock music said:

i hope there's more rap features

yea god please. We only have a handful of these songs and they're so god damn good

i still cant believe she never releases ridin'

35 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Imagine it’s longer than NFR’s :tommy:

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

2 minutes ago, Break Me Down said:

Imagine it’s longer than NFR’s :tommy:

I wasn't even on LB for that release, and I was totally desperate. I cannot imagine how it was on LB lol. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

19 hours ago, syrup amour said:

I was just listening to lost at sea, and honestly I wouldn’t mind and album that had an influence from that song. It’s so beautiful and ethereal

You can tell she wasn't trying too hard with this song, it just sounds purely natural. It's definitely some of her best work and i wish she made more songs like it.

A lot of her music is too lyrical these days which is fine but i miss that dreamy quality that her music used to have

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I want something big production wise, in any style she may choose. I would love another ballad of sorts, but I also want something grand, kinda like peppers in a way.

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

I don't think we're getting a big break between albums this time either (even with the ongoing tour and the alleged Unreleased Collection coming... I'm sure we'll have a new song by spring.

She's been writing since before releasing Ocean Blvd (as usual) and she was in the studio working hard in March, again some days ago in Alabama and probably many more times that we don't know of. There's also the really likely possibility that she recorded some songs with Jon with the next record in mind cause I doubt they only did two songs for their respective albums and an interlude.

I don't think she has any clear concept of a record yet of course but I'm sure she has a lot of stuff already as she always does :creepna2:

giphy.gif

i feel like we should expect a rob feature at the very least (and i think it would be a dreamy bop)

i would love her to collab with stevie nicks or a$ap rocky again, but i don't think that's going to happen :crai:

I think she has said way too much in the past 4 albums. It's time for her to give her songwriting a rest and invest in instrumentation. I really loved the JB Interlude. It sounds similar to progressive rock. It'd be a great if she explores that genre. I'm imagining how "fingertips" would sound like if it was produced like "Echoes" by Pink Floyd.