Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, daphnedinkley said:

if you guys could pick 3 released songs to represent what you’d like the next album to sound like, what would you pick? :flutter: i’m gonna say West Coast, Taco Truck x VB and Grandfather

edit: yes i’m a libra moon and libra rising was it my absolute avoidance of the conflict surrounding me and pretending everything’s normal that gave it away

Buddy's Rendezvous, Hollywood Bowl, Fingertips

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

if you guys could pick 3 released songs to represent what you’d like the next album to sound like, what would you pick? :flutter: i’m gonna say West Coast, Taco Truck x VB and Grandfather

edit: yes i’m a libra moon and libra rising was it my absolute avoidance of the conflict surrounding me and pretending everything’s normal that gave it away

1) Off To The Races

2) Shades of Cool

3) Venice Bitch

3 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

Get Free, Let The Light In, & Fuck It, I love You

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

4 hours ago, cherrytropico said:

ok good for y’all…i’m happy with most of her music too but that doesn’t mean we can’t have standards. if she released an album full of hollywood bowls and beautifuls and let me love you like a womans and margaret/life lesson type songwriting i would be bored, and there’s nothing wrong with saying that. i really don’t see why we have to be at two extremes here – it shouldn’t be either criticizing everything or eating everything up. it’s normal to be in the middle and i think most of us are in that space, and we shouldn’t be shamed and constantly told “omg y’all complain about everything”, “i like everything she puts out”, “you’re being too hard on this track”, etc. you’re basically saying lana could sing “today i went to the store and bought oranges…” over 2 piano chords and you’d be happy. again good for you but most fans aren’t like this, and it’s not just lana fans it’s any fan in general. i’ve been a fan for 8 years and have her entire discography + unreleased music memorized by muscle memory. i’m not a hater or a casual fan, nor do i critique every single thing she puts out. but that doesn’t mean i don’t want music that’s above the bare minimum. 

yeah i agree but let's be real here we're never going to get the "only ballads" album, she always does something different even if the majority of the songs are piano ballads. that i think we shouldn't be worried about

taco truck, driving in cars with boys (uv version), wayamaya

besides her own work though i'm manifesting something like ray of light (album) x the velvet rope (album) x space oddity

7 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

yeah i agree but let's be real here we're never going to get the "only ballads" album, she always does something different even if the majority of the songs are piano ballads. that i think we shouldn't be worried about

oh for sure, i absolutely think ldr10 will be a fantastic album and nothing boring. but i’m just commenting on her most recent releases +  some songs that have been lackluster from her last few albums 🤷‍♀️ i’m never worried about her albums as a whole, she’s always creating legendary shit

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Blue Banisters, Cinnamon Girl, Honeymoon 

I love the full, warm, ambient sound of Blue Banisters. The layered synths can elevate songs to much more than a simple piano ballad. Mix that with the sensual drums of Cinnamon and the slow, drawn out melody of Honeymoon, and you’ve got my dream Lana sound. 

5 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

Being somewhat realistic and based off the last 2 albums - Let the Light In, Grandfather, Text Book :true:

Dealer and Black Bathing Suit undertones would also be swell

whatarecoloris.jpg

8 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

1. Doin' Time

2. Hollywood

3. Driving in Cars with Boys

Bright and sunny, California-inspired album. And, yes, I'm a leo

9 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

Buddy's Rendezvous, Arcadia, Sad Girl

Jazzy, with dark, cinematic vibes

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!