Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

21 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

Lana del Rey has truly become a religion as folks try to find meaning in every action, see patterns in unrelated things and look for miracles.

and we are waiting for the second coming of psychedelic surf rock... hoping for the resurrection of drums and electric guitars :pray2:

I love that we loved the Ocean Blvd era cause coming from the 2021 sisters anything would have done but it was also understandable that they were kinda bare in promo (the pandemic plus all the 2020 controversies :hide:)

I feel like she was testing the waters with Ocean cause she looked progressively more excited about it the more she was doing so I'm sure the next record will have at least NFR-level aditional content (minus the delays God help us :bebe:).

I would have loved another MV but other than that I'm happy enough with what we got (specially the music per se). 

She has said multiple times (as recently as a couple of days ago) how happy she was now in her life and in her craft so I'm really excited about the next chapter :true:

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I love that we loved the Ocean Blvd era cause coming from the 2021 sisters anything would have done but it was also understandable that they were kinda bare in promo (the pandemic plus all the 2020 controversies :hide:)

I feel like she was testing the waters with Ocean cause she looked progressively more excited about it the more she was doing so I'm sure the next record will have at least NFR-level aditional content (minus the delays God help us :bebe:).

I would have loved another MV but other than that I'm happy enough with what we got (specially the music per se). 

She has said multiple times (as recently as a couple of days ago) how happy she was now in her life and in her craft so I'm really excited about the next chapter :true:

I think that if Neil pulls out a great cover with variants, LB will be at least satisfied with an era :omfg2:

I feel like when artists go on tour, they get more inspo. That's why I think for example Taylor Swift's eleventh album(TS11) is going to be so good! Same thing goes for lana. This isn't saying that her quality has decreased, but I think it just brings more creativity to it.

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

On 9/4/2023 at 5:58 PM, Evergreen said:

Manifesting a song in the vein of Tension.mp3 by Kylie Minogue on LDR10.
iTuym2f.gif

I absolutely don't see Lana releasing a disco pop album :derpna2:

What I really want to hear her say is "I love being in the studio"

she did that interview last year about how she doesn't write for fun anymore, and she has to be forced in the studio, and that STILL leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm glad she's said how happy she is in life (and she did say she was excited about what she's going to write next) but I want her to say that her being in the studio isn't being forced, and she's having fun with the creativity process again.

"Don’t forget me"

On 9/4/2023 at 7:33 PM, Orville Peck said:

She's singing Stand By Your Man because she's releasing the covers album soon, I know.

Praying for a cover of Nature Boy and I hope she includes Take Me Home, Country Roads. 

:flutter:

if we want covers we can just do ai covers, the idea of a cover album is not a good idea since nothing will be worth anything other than music written by Lana herself :lolno:

I’ve been going thru personal stuff so maybe that’s made my subconscious more active but I had a dream last night where Lana really upped her tour. 
Her set was placed in a French castle of an island where she started from a mid-level balcony, ended up doing 4 costume changes (an Angelina Jolie Mrs Smith coat outfit, a rehashed warrior princess dress, a classic ball look, and a nightgown to start). 

There’s a part where she goes circus du soleil and is lifted by cables similar to how Pink does at her shows, except Lana also has these draped pink fabrics for wings. She then says something like, “it’s useless to be afraid of anything in this life” and she literally jumps off the balcony and the cables whoosh her beautifully to another part of the castle (I remember being inspired and laughing at the dream at the same time at this point thinking, what????) she changes outfits while fireworks begin to fill the sky, and she then does a cable down to do a quick fan pit greeting at the main floor. La la la la it’s a lust for life festival feel moment, and then she gets on a hot air balloon and does this reverb-y F5 in falsetto as she floats away while her dancers are shooting out flower cannons and the stage lights up w streamers as she floats out of stageview. 

UV/Honeymoon

6 hours ago, Raise Me Up said:

if we want covers we can just do ai covers, the idea of a cover album is not a good idea since nothing will be worth anything other than music written by Lana herself :lolno:

i hate the idea that music is meaningless unless it’s super deep + written by the artist themselves

like is it a nice plus, sure! but.. if a song is good.. it’s good!

also lana has proved time and time again that her covers are fantastic. season of the witch, doin time, chelsea hotel, summer wine.. the list goes on

a covers album is something lana has wanted to do for such a long time, so? (also ai covers never really work all that well)

6 hours ago, Raise Me Up said:

The last thing humanity needs are officially released ai music/covers, this shit (fun fact: this and shit are anagrams) like ai music should burn in hell forever. 

url%5D

16 minutes ago, Embach said:

The last thing humanity needs are officially released ai music/covers, this shit (fun fact: this and shit are anagrams) like ai music should burn in hell forever. 

^^ AI music will never replace what is made by actual people :oopna2:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

you guys are talking down on covers as if her covers of summer wine, blue velvet, goodbye kiss, doin' time, some things last a long time, heart-shaped box, roadhouse blues, the end of the world, the good life, where the boys are (coming soon! ...i hope) and buddy's rendezvous don't exist :oprah3: i think lana is perfectly capable 

also... to say that a.i covers aren't really any different from actual covers recorded by the artist is just so, so wrong :eyeroll3:

WGe8ynS.gif

i'm totally okay with a country album like this

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole