That Venice Bitch

New Song “Suburban House” by Holly Macve feat. LDR - Out Now!

once again my opinion is the unpopular one :bebe: the more I listen the more I like it. the production reminds me of bb and tunnel, like something between black bathing suit and sweet. holly and lana have really similar techniques even within this song, like the warbling/meandering vocal style some mentioned, but their tones are different enough that they compliment each other really well. I’m getting less Disney and more ghibli honestly but that could just be me :true: overall good collab I will be streaming 

13 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

This is boring and not it but I can't at some of you saying that she doesn't have a good collab since Stargirl. I hope that you just forgot about Dealer and LTLI cause if you didn't...:deadbanana:

I think they mean she doesn’t have a good feature, like her featuring on someone else’s song. However I still don’t think that’s true because Buddy’s Rendezvous is great.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

the melody clashes throughout the entirety of it and Holly sounds like one of those tiktok-singers who try extremely hard to sing like the artist they're trying to imitate, you know the ones who make the faces when they're trying too hard lol. they could've kept this, it's just cringy. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I think the song is pretty well done, Holly's voice is distinctive, especially the way she sings "suburban", and I also like the outro. Lana's voice is not too prominent, more supportive, but also not too unobtrusive. Both voices harmonize very well.

13 minutes ago, American Whore said:

the melody clashes throughout the entirety of it and Holly sounds like one of those tiktok-singers who try extremely hard to sing like the artist they're trying to imitate, you know the ones who make the faces when they're trying too hard lol. they could've kept this, it's just cringy. 

Lowkey agreed. I didn't want to be a random hater to talk abt this but the song simply ended up showing how beautiful Lana's voice really is. Compared to Holly, the same melody hits different when Lana sings it.

Idk I sort of accidentally had this on repeat this morning during my work commute (in the pouring rain which fit the vibe) and I had parts of it playing in my brain throughout the day... I think I like it, it's probably not going to be on my playlists in the future but it's the most Lana-ish song for a Lana feature I've heard in a while. The lyrics and style are obv inspired by Lana (Holly has clearly referenced her as an inspiration for her music) so I think it fits ok with Lana's other music :) Holly's voice is kind of an exaggerated Lana from like Blue Jeans or something imho

9 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

The way i will listen to this once and forget about it for at least 3 years 

Idk, I expected that to be my response, but I just finished listening to it for the first time and I really enjoyed it. It’s certainly not a top Lana track or a top collab, but it’s getting a spot on some of my playlists. 

It’s dreamy and dare I say, even a bit heavenly. I can see the comparisons to Disney or something, but who cares. It’s creative, soothing and I like the vibe. It could almost fit on Lost at Sea. 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879