BartenderDeco

Lana signed an open letter to President Joe Biden, thanking him for his ‘leadership’ and calling for the release of all Hamas hostages.

1 minute ago, Mash Tragic said:

First of all, it's not ISIS but Hamas.

Then, the vile actions of Hamas shouldn't result in the death of thousands of innocent civilians, that have nothing to do with those (especially considering most of the population in Gaza is underage and couldn't vote for Hamas in 2006).

Finally, there was another letter (Artists 4 Ceasefire) that was way more nuanced and definitely hurting for both sides. 

Also, I can't believe I'm writing that: encouraging Israel bombings will never be a pro-peace statement. 

please not us both saying “first of all its not ISIS” at the same time

Not surprised at all by this. The USA have always aligned themselves with Israel. The Palestine POV is completely lost on the vast majority of them (sadly). 
its a disappointing letter, but at least Lana didn’t sign it alone, so I don’t see how it could backfire on her… 

18 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

please not us both saying “first of all its not ISIS” at the same time

:brows:

Seriously, it made me sigh in disbelief lmaoo. I was 100% sure that ISIS was Daech (that's how we call it in France) but I had to double check if Hamas was also called like that in English. I couldn't comprehend why was ISIS suddenly on the table :wtf2:

It really shows you that people have absolutely little to no idea about what's happening in Middle East. I hate oversimplification and misinformation so much. :brandy:

1 hour ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

She should have just sat there and ate her food. Like be quiet. Between the random “I’m poor” videos and this, we’re inching back closer to the 2020 period. We need another yeehaw flop album like ChemTANK to complete the trifecta.

Her mind, it amazes me sometimes. She said I can’t be loved too much, gotta do something stvpid to tarnish myself quick. The Grammys are also coming. Hopefully Ben takes her Instagram away during awards season so she won’t do something stvpid on social media.

Honestly, the best time was when she deactivated her Instagram. She is so painfully ignorant and it SHOWS. It’s better for her to not engage and just stay quiet.

Why are you on this forum?

Isn't it hilarious people think Lana is pro-Trump from dating a cop and now people are mad she is pro-Biden? The world has truly gone mad. 

Curious to see if she supports him in the upcoming election cycle. 

I’ll keep it brief- this weird new “liberal” view on a few subjects to me is outright insane- I’ve noticed there’s a similar herd mentality on other subjects such as landlords where it’s a black and white- only one right answer or you’re conservative trash.

Regarding the Israel/ Palestine conflict I’ve seen all sort of things said e.g. Palestine are suffering while negating that dozens of Israeli citizens were brutally burned and maimed. Is it odd that there was a festival near the attack? Maybe but very possible and clearly did happen. 

This war is not black or white and the fight over land spans a century- Palestines conditions do seem poor but these actions from a select few group(hamas) is not the answer nor should it be condoned.

The UN needs to step in but doing so would probably cause a bigger action by cause and effect- so I don’t think they will yet.

29 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

first of all it goes to show how uneducated you are on this situation because ISIS has nothing to do with palestine or hamas. it’s tragic on both sides but this is not a pro-peace, pro-palestine statement, otherwise their entire goal of the statement would be to save those injured children and adults. it doesn’t even mention palestinian victims anywhere. and where is anybody here saying that they condemn “taking babies and elderly captive…”. it’s controversial the fact that most of these celebrities have NEVER stood up for what palestinians had to go through for 75 years, and whether you like it or not the death tolls on the palestinian side are much more tragic. they don’t have the entire US behind their back and funding them. don’t speak if you don’t know shit

I think they were using it as a comparison? Still why do we need to compare death toll, it’s absolutely morbid and odd to me- these actions were not justified on any scale- none of this bloodshed is. 

2 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I think they were using it as a comparison? Still why do we need to compare death toll, it’s absolutely morbid and odd to me- these actions were not justified on any scale- none of this bloodshed is. 

you know that’s not what i meant, the deaths on both sides are tragic. but the truth is it’s been worst on the palestinian side for 75 years and those are the facts sorry.

I recommend a documentary i found recently 

it made me  understand the conflict in the region a bit more 

it’s this one if anyone is interested 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

58 minutes ago, OscarScheller said:

This is a pro-palestinian pro-peace statement, encouraging looking out for civilians on both sides.

The only “pro-Palestinian pro-peace” statement is a calling for an immediate ceasefire, not anything less 

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

To be fair I can see how celebrities feel pressured to give their basically useless 2 cents on every current issue because society for some reason has come to the agreement that they should "use their platform" or whatever. I remember back during BLM in 2020, if a celebrity didn't go out of their way to post against racism and police brutality, twitter users assumed that meant they SUPPORTED it (lol, wtf?) Then twitter users started complaining that they were just "all talk" and celebrities started being pressured to show receipts of donations. I remember when Lana specifically didn't post anything about it, people used it to leverage the idea of her being racist. 

Now I think it's about time we step back and look at how absurd this SJW shit is and agree that it's ok for celebrities to just... be quiet like in the good 'ol days, or else they'll keep coming out making ignorant statements

(i'm not really gonna touch on the issue at hand with Israel cause i'm saying all this generally)

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

23 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I agree that it’s definitely not black and white, and while I think the letter is poorly worded and doesn’t address the immense suffering Israel has unleashed on Palestinians, I also think Lana added her name to this with good intentions and I’m not going to drag her for it.

there was another letter calling for immediate ceasefire but she didn't sign that

2 hours ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

as someone who's not involved in news what so ever, why is this bad

In a nutshell, Palestinian group Hamas killed a number of innocent Israelis at a concert (about 250 Israelis). They did it because over the years, Israelis, who never had their own country before, occupied their land (Palestine) and took full control of it. Today's Israel is essentially Palestinian land taken over by Europe-fled Jews and Zionists by sheer force. All of this is available in history books, on YouTube, official UN documents, etc. 

To retaliate against the massacre, Israel decided to commit a genocide in the remaining Palestinian land (Gaza) and they've already bombed and slaughtered thousands, mostly women, children, sick people in hospitals, and so forth. They also cut off their electricity, water supplies, etc. leaving thousands of innocent people in the dark as they're getting bombed.

Israel's aim is to expel Palestinians into the Sanai desert or into Egypt (another country that Israelis do not own but have said that Egypt has to "play ball"), so they can remove them from their own territory forever and finish their occupation, i.e. extermination.

Biden and America are supporting the genocide - openly with visits to Israel, moral and financial support. They've previously funded Israel's attacks on Palestine and supported them with weapon supplies. Because it's in the interest of American Jews, of course.

Now, most sane and educated celebrities like Cate Blanchett, Mark Ruffalo, Roony Mara and many others have openly come out in support of Palestine, demanding ceasefire (for the genocide to stop). Countries like Russia, Ireland, Spain, the United Arab Emirates, among others, are defending the Palestinians and some want to cut their diplomatic ties with Israel.

The world of social media on a global level and protesters everywhere are asking for the same thing. Especially since there are thousands of videos and images of these mass graves in Palestine, confirming the genocide. 

(To spare you from seeing all this footage - think bodies of babies after explosions, mothers sreaming, doctors discovering their own family members' dead bodies at the hospital, thousands of houses turning into ash, families being wiped out, ice-cream trucks being used for body storage, reporters being killed, and so on.)

On the other hand, you have Natalie Portman, Gal Gadot, Amy Schumer, Quentin Tarantino and other Jewish celebrities or Jewish aficionados, asking for the "war" to continue because the Palestinians mean nothing to them and, as the Israelis say, they're "just animals". They're advocating for the whole nation to be wiped out in plane sight. Of course, they're using the concert massacre as an excuse and spinning the story their way via the western media. But it's tough because we live in an era of social.

So, it seems that Lana has - once again - shot herself in the foot, not really informing herself and educating herself enough on a topic before putting her finger in it

This just proves how dizzy she is at times and that her managers and publicist let her get away with anything - as long as they get paid.

I feel sorry for her, in a way, because she doesn't seem to be that smart about her career and, if she keeps this up, she will surely get cancelled one day.

Lastly, before anyone who's Jewish or is misinformed comes after me, you should know that I'm a Serbian Christian Orthodox guy with no ties to Palestine, Israel or the US. What I wrote her is just pure, unbiased facts.

If anyone wants to challenge me on this, let's discuss in a civilised way. But I hope you have access to Reuters and other fact-based websites.

Hope this helps.

:um:

"she's the only one who's done things in support of Palestine" and yet her only support was withdrawing an Israel concert in 2018, that she initially defended, and only got cancelled after mass amounts of backlash? 😭 the stans defending her and setting her up…

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

4 minutes ago, barttttender said:

And then, on the other hand, you have Natalie Portman, (...), asking for the "war" to continue because the Palestinians mean nothing to them

natalie portman has always spoken out against Israel's actions, even declining an israeli award because of the conflicts

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:

natalie portman has always spoken out against Israel's actions, even declining an israeli award because of the conflicts

I know. But this time she has voiced her support for Israel. Check her Insta.

It's got videos of Israeli children with signs like "Free Israel". Free Israel from what? The Palestinian children who are being held hostage by Israeli terrorists in their own fucking homes on the land where their parents and grandparents used to live? 

It's pandering to the dumbest of Americans, who will surely lap it up. I've unfollowed Natalie (I couldn't live with myself if I hadn't). And I will unfollow Lana if she says one thing that's pro Israel. 

38 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I agree that it’s definitely not black and white, and while I think the letter is poorly worded and doesn’t address the immense suffering Israel has unleashed on Palestinians, I also think Lana added her name to this with good intentions and I’m not going to drag her for it.

you should absolutely drag her for it.

If she signed a petition defending the Nazis against the Jews, she deserves to be dragged for it.

Unfortunately, this is a similar scenario. It's a very black and white situation at this point in time.

not saying Palestine is all innocent, no. But the mass extermination of Palestinians right now is basically Nazism all over. 

14 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Biden and America are supporting the genocide - openly with visits to Israel, moral and financial support. They've previously funded Israel's attacks on Palestine and supported them with weapon supplies. Because it's in the interest of American Jews, of course.

Biden and the US supporting the genocide is not in the interest of American Jews but rather because they use Israel for Western political interests in the Middle East (and have since its inception).

The vast majority of American Zionists are not even Jewish but nationalist Evangelicals.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF