BartenderDeco

Lana signed an open letter to President Joe Biden, thanking him for his ‘leadership’ and calling for the release of all Hamas hostages.

5 hours ago, barttttender said:

Let me break it down for you. There was a vote for/against the ceasefire, aka for the genocide to stop or not.

The US voted against ceasefire. All other countries (or the majority, can't remember) voted for it to end.

Thanking Biden for what he's doing right now is like giving Hitler a thumbs up. All clear now?

Okay lol. I did my own research and figured it out and your comment was not helpful at all. You sound literally nuts. Take a deep breath. 

On 10/25/2023 at 4:09 AM, Fetiche said:

Only the most chronically online would call signing an open letter calling to bring all hostages held in Hamas captivity home regardless of ethnicity “the most disappointing thing Lana has ever done” :rip: 

Yes, it's very bizarre. 

But anyway. 

On 10/24/2023 at 11:51 PM, Disney Slut said:

When i tell you my heart dropped seeing her name on that list...

But on another hand, can we stop with the "I'm sure she meant well" and "She has a good heart she just isn't well informed" excuses? It isn't like this is the first time anyways.
Not to mention, this isn't the 70s or 80s anymore, access to information has never been easier, literally one click away and she could've learned and read/seen all about the history of this ongoing genocide, especially now when for the first time ever it seems public opinion is swaying a bit into the palestinian side and videos are being posted literally everywhere. Not to mention the amount of american musicians and artists who've been very vocal about this such as kehlani and the fact that lana is friends with Elyanna who is palestinian.

And if she was living in her own bubble and hasn't been keeping up much with what's going on, then in that case maybe she shouldn't be going around signing open letters taking stances.

:gclap:

1 hour ago, Enco said:

Anyone who has a problem with her doing this is weird. Keeping hostages is in no way helping the liberation of Palestine. 

right like there shouldn’t be any hostages anywhere… if everyone was anti war there probably wouldn’t be any lol

giphy.gif

On 10/26/2023 at 2:47 AM, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Okay lol. I did my own research and figured it out and your comment was not helpful at all. You sound literally nuts. Take a deep breath. 

ummm I responded to this comment with proof of what I was saying and a link to a newspaper article that corroborates what I've said previously about the ceasefire.

however, this post seems to have been deleted.

Are the mods "cleaning up" this thread so that users who are in the free Palestine camp can't post articles? What is going on? 

25 minutes ago, barttttender said:

ummm I responded to this comment with proof of what I was saying and a link to a newspaper article that corroborates what I've said previously about the ceasefire.

however, this post seems to have been deleted.

Are the mods "cleaning up" this thread so that users who are in the free Palestine camp can't post articles? What is going on? 

These were moved to the war thread

url%5D

2 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

The last comment is actually pretty reasonable. They weren’t being rude just trying to explain why some people have a problem with her signing that letter. 

reasonable ... not rude? they said Lana supports a genocide :O

No, the letter is primarily about the release of the hostages; nowhere is there any mention of support or approval of Israel's illegal actions. On the other hand, I get the feeling that some pro-Palestinians downplay Hamas's terrorist acts, or that they don't care much about the kidnapped hostages.

On 10/24/2023 at 11:49 AM, Chemtrail said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but she didn't actually say anything to her fanbase, just agreed with an open letter along with a bunch of other celebrities and that list leaked. Not even sure she posted anything about it. Celebrities influence children mostly, most people don't care about their opinions on anything. Then again people kicked up a fuss about her "Question for the culture" and even fans I know in person didn't hear about it lmao. Nobody cares. Some fans act like they have nothing else they could be focusing on in life and rant about another person's opinions, projecting their own anger onto someone who doesn't directly have anything to do with them. It's aimless. If anyone has a problem the most they can do is comment on her latest photos on Instagram :rip: What's the point?

you’re correct as far as ive seen!

but the point just comes down to at least knowing what you’re signing or supporting in regards to war and the loss of peoples lives??? 

i mean we don’t know lana herself, what she knows/thinks or anything. im sure most of lanaboards doesn’t unless it’s lana herself lurking around.
however her and other celebrities signing an incredibly broad letter thats also thanking joe biden on such a topic.. is… certainly something. 
i understand the idea that some people saw “hostages” and that specific part of the entire situation  and was like “wow that’s terrible!! people shouldn’t be held hostage!!” and signed away. but we don’t.

which is why signing these letters is goofy as hell in the first place.

either way if someone has a shitty take on something (which yes you can argue it’s “just a different opinion”) can be called out for it and ESPECIALLY if they have a platform. otherwise if they didnt have a platform they wouldn’t be having specifically people in hollywood signing this at all without the idea that their influence on culture or whatever would have an impact on a decision.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

8 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

omg, all the cringe comments in her last insta post :facepalm:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CynMMBaOkkN/

2023-10-27-14-05-56-LANA-DEL-REY-honeymo

2023-10-27-14-09-26-LANA-DEL-REY-honeymo

this commenter spilled tho :pls:

i'm disappointed in lana too but not entirely surprised. american media is supporting israel full steam ahead regardless of the fact there has now been over 5000 palestinians killed. the majority of americans are siding with israel just due to the abundance of propaganda, and lana is as american as one gets

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d