BartenderDeco

Lana signed an open letter to President Joe Biden, thanking him for his ‘leadership’ and calling for the release of all Hamas hostages.

17 hours ago, sheepie said:

also I'm still unsure if Lana's signing of the letter was actually malicious or if it was just misled/misinformed so I won't say anything about her or any of the other celebrities, but js if you support anyone who is openly Zionist, you're not just supporting "someone with different political views," you are supporting someone who condones murder, islamophobia, and racism. and if they actually give money to the "cause" and don't just spout shit, you are giving money to war criminals every time you listen to their music or buy their merch

The letter advocated the release of the hostages and condemned the acts of Hamas terrorists, nothing more, nothing less.

7 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

there is now an ig account @/alettertolana asking her to remove her name and they started a petition too

And that’s how this will blow harder than it should. And that’s how we’re getting an unnecessary video of Lana addressing this; and also how she will get canceled once again. Fans are truly an artist’s biggest hater.

11 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

there is now an ig account @/alettertolana asking her to remove her name and they started a petition too

i’m sorry but wtf was this meant to do? lana is not the president of the united states, and her opinion does not matter. it only shows who she is as a person 

i wish people put this much energy into actually helping stop this genocide-

On 10/25/2023 at 9:00 PM, MakingOut said:

with lyrics similar to “and we were screaming black lives matter”

On 10/25/2023 at 9:04 PM, Coloringbooks said:

And there we were, screaming "Free Israel" 

:heidi:

Dreading the day...

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

7 minutes ago, lostindarkparadise said:

Mess... :oprah2: her own fans doing this shit. It's a trap. :sideeye:

And it's going to be worse when she starts to open her mouth. :oprah3:

Collective action is rad, actually 

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

to me this a boundary overstepped.

1. Lana is not a politician, and she’s American. Genuinely, what can “her influence” do?? Even if she “spreads awareness”, what is she doing? 

2. If she’s not informed, she shouldn’t speak up at all. It’s honestly pathetic that people would rather her speak up about a topic so serious just because people are basically forcing her / pressuring her to do so. Regardless of whether she knows anything about Palestine / Isreal, people want her to talk about it anyways.

3. It’s weird that you need validation from celebrities or that you can’t like them unless they’re on “your side”. 

4. This is actually going to get her cancelled and we can’t do QFTC part 2 but worse.

also in my opinion, this isn’t as black and white as people say it is. it’s honestly sad how much of a lack of empathy one side has for the other just because they’re too far into their own bias to look at a different view. This letter is awful!

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

50 minutes ago, lostindarkparadise said:

Mess... :oprah2: her own fans doing this shit. It's a trap. :sideeye:

And it's going to be worse when she starts to open her mouth. :oprah3:

These people are not fans they are just looking for someone to direct their frustration at and hold accountable… like girl phone your fucking reps pop singer lana Del Rey ain’t gonna bring peace to the Middle East . They need to log tf off

People on Instagram really acting like Lana is capable of singlehandedly ending the conflict. I dream of the day when these people get it through their thick skulls that she is a STRANGER to them and it is incredibly weird and inappropriate to publicly scold her for her opinions on anything. Not to mention the performativiness of wasting all your time writing a letter to a random fucking pop singer instead of doing a single useful thing towards helping the people of Palestine. It disgusts me that anyone could look at the situation and conclude that the most urgent course of action is convincing their favorite artist to change her mind about it.

You Americans need to go back and learn ur own history and where tax dollars are going.

- Since 1985, the U.S. has provided nearly $150 billion in bilateral aid to Israel, mostly in the form of military assistance. This military aid helps enable and sustain Israel's military capabilities and operations.
- This long-standing U.S. support for Israel has been criticized by some as enabling the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories and the continued building of settlements considered illegal under international law.
- U.S. military aid and arms sales to Israel also enable and perpetuate the conflict with Palestinians, rather than promote peace. This contradicts the stance that the U.S. is an unbiased mediator in the conflict.
- Financial aid given to Israel is sometimes considered excessive given Israel's status as a developed country with a strong economy. The U.S. gives no military aid and less financial aid to the Palestinian Authority.
- Thanking the U.S. President for supporting Israel through major aid packages and arms sales is questionable when this long-standing policy has failed to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and may contribute to perpetuating it.

This is why its not ok to sign the stupid zionist letter.

On 10/30/2023 at 9:12 AM, fishtails said:

Thats true, and she's had time to come out and clear things up if her name really did end up on the wrong letter so idk...I hope Tommy Genesis or someone else talks to her about this though

at this point, Tommy is still following Lana on IG

I hope she and/or someone can reach out to her and talk to her about this, I always know she has a pure heart with good intentions but mama u need to remove your name from that letter asap and dont say a word about this if you don't understand the situation

and someone has to stop these lana stans they are setting her up

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Look if you stan Lana because you think she's woke then that's your fault

She is an extremely America-centric person (and artist), and there's nothing inherently wrong with that, except that in her case it clearly extends to stuff like this

It doesn't excuse the signing or make it okay, but it's like being disappointed that Canada has snow in the winter. It's just par for the course

I don't support that letter at all but I also just don't think that a group of Hollywood celebrities collectively commenting is very helpful in general. Like who cares? That doesn't help the people affected. 

Wake me up when they actually decide to do smthn useful, like attend protests or donate money. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 minutes ago, urgirl said:

Some of U guys act like Lana is dumb i guarantee yes she’s smarter and has a more wise opinion than ur little sheep minds can imagine

I don't think she's dumb but I don't think she's the woke artist people really want her to be, either

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

What does she have to do for some of you guys to accept that she’s not racist and has zero I’ll will towards anyone because of nationality, religion, color, etc.??? If you don’t know that she has a beautiful heart and would die inside seeing anyone, any child, any person in the world done wrong by whether they are Israeli or Palestinian or ANYTHING. 

IF U DONT KNOW THAT ABOUT LANA, U NEED UR ACCOUNT DELETED

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

I don't think she's dumb but I don't think she's the woke artist people really want her to be, either

I know u don’t think she’s dumb, I didn’t mean u, I just mean all these people acting like this somehow means she has bad character like smh