DNC

Lana performing live at NBC Christmas at Graceland - November 29th, 2023

the priscilla/sofia coppola fans who eagerly awaited and deluded themselves to see if lana would be part of the soundtrack only to find out she was asked but didn’t have time probably due to releasing an album, touring, and her preference of chilling with nikki lane in some random yeehaw state in a pair of cowboy boots only for a couple months after the films release to see miss lana deciding to cover an elvis song for some memoir of his right now: 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886f6876829e6ff1fdf41

anyway.. super excited to see what song she covers!!

and still waiting for that covers album…

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

5 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Makes sense

also on the topic of this, idk because lisa marie didn’t like it (but also… she was a child for what the movie depicted? so idk why she gets a say on that) - but priscilla, the one who it’s actually about, was an executive producer and was extremely involved in the movie so 

no because as soon as i heard that they offered lana to do a song for Priscilla and she said no, i immediately suspected it was because of her love for Elvis and i think i was right lol. she clearly hates seeing him being put in a bad light and didn’t want to participate in a movie that shows that he’s a bad person. 

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

1 hour ago, brandon said:

also on the topic of this, idk because lisa marie didn’t like it (but also… she was a child for what the movie depicted? so idk why she gets a say on that) - but priscilla, the one who it’s actually about, was an executive producer and was extremely involved in the movie so 

I know little to nothing about Elvis and I still haven't seen the film so I can't really speak on this sjdhdhdhd

But if the film portrays him in a bad light like people say it does, and if certain family members like Lisa Marie are against it, it'd make sense why Lana potentially wouldn't want to be involved, since she's a huge Elvis fan

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

6 minutes ago, rubytuesday said:

I truly believe way more songs than just “Elvis” are actually about Elvis or at least directly referencing him so I love this for her 

i always thought Back To The Basics was about him because of the lyric “sit back in my pink cadillac” and “you can sing for the neighbors…you’ve been pretty stupid ever since you got famous”. 

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

18 minutes ago, crazyforyou said:

i always thought Back To The Basics was about him because of the lyric “sit back in my pink cadillac” and “you can sing for the neighbors…you’ve been pretty stupid ever since you got famous”. 

I agree! Hawaiian Tropic for me is the most obviously about him (and by default EMGHW and Daytona Meth although she mixes them up) because every single line is a reference.  But there’s so many others I think are. I also always suspected the “Hawaiian Surf” theme was partially inspired by him as her Elvis references start hardcore in the trailer park era 

I have gold in my veins

3 hours ago, jealous girl said:

This might be why she didn’t do the Priscilla movie

she's always been an elvis stan, but it's clear she loves priscilla too. I think it truly was just a matter of not having time to record a song

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)