DNC

Lana performing live at NBC Christmas at Graceland - November 29th, 2023

3 hours ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

I feel so bad for Priscilla right now :bebe: 

yeah i doubt lana meant it as a slight but......i'd rather she had done both honestly..... not a huge fan of the optics of just doing the Elvis special.....especially as Lana utilized the Priscilla/Elvis imagery extensively in the beginning of her career.  that said i absolutely want a lana elvis cover.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

double post (kinda...and also off topic, but also not? lmao) but i think Lana has lots of love for Priscilla (i mean, she's very much inspired by her during the beginning of her career), but it's different than the love she has for elvis. It's clear that she was heavily inspired by his music/aesthetic/authenticity (referring to his dirty laundry, anger issues, rise n fall, etc that's been public knowledge long before he even passed). while i don't recall her ever defending him, I believe she more likely than not looks up to him as a musical idol. would explain why she's performing at a tribute for him. 

as stated above, i really don't think she chose to perform at this to slight priscilla, but i will say the announcement is a bit ill timed lol. 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

18 minutes ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

yeah i doubt lana meant it as a slight but......i'd rather she had done both honestly..... not a huge fan of the optics of just doing the Elvis special.....especially as Lana utilized the Priscilla/Elvis imagery extensively in the beginning of her career.  that said i absolutely want a lana elvis cover.

I agree with you! I don’t think Lana meant it as anything either but it’s sad Priscilla has expressed that she’s a fan of Lana’s, and didn’t act weird when Lana was sporting a look inspired by her, but now Lana’s singing a song for an Elvis tribute but not anything for Cilla’s story. It’s just sad. But yes definitely would adore an Elvis  cover :wub:

Wait I’m confused, didn’t Priscilla renounce the Sofia Coppola Priscilla movie? 

edit: never mind not sure why I thought I saw an article on that but apparently she thought it was “right on” 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

14 minutes ago, Mer said:

Wait I’m confused, didn’t Priscilla renounce the Sofia Coppola Priscilla movie? 

edit: never mind not sure why I thought I saw an article on that but apparently she thought it was “right on” 

Lisa Marie is the one who hates it 

I swear no one gets more mad at Lana then her own fans :lmao::lmao:

we find out that she’s going to do something and instead of being excited some of you are bothered :toofloppy: did any of you actually watch Priscilla? A 2023 Lana Del Rey song would’ve sounded so out of place in that movie and Lana wouldn’t bring back the 2012 lyrics. 

I'd love to hear a Blue Christmas cover but I doubt it'll be that

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

i swear to god if lana and kacey whatever end up doing that same christmas song they did before, i'm gonna be mad lol this better be a solo performance

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I don't mind the Elvis thing, Separate the art and artist blah blah blah, dead for 50 years, Priscilla gets a cut and loves his music still, he's too big to cancel, at this point the music and image transcends the artist himself etc. That said, the timing is pretty iffy. Priscilla finally gets a moment to tell her story but The Brand Strikes Back. I'll still watch and enjoy it but i'd rather it have been last year or next year. It feels reactionary and intentionally silencing which, really, Priscilla is super old let her have her moment ffs.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

The way you guys are making a story out of nothing:thumb3: Lana has been on tour and had been recording an album. I’m sure she just didn’t have time to stop and write something, especially if it was short notice. Lana has been staying in Tennessee/the south for a little while so it makes sense she can perform at an event in Graceland. 

1 hour ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

The way you guys are making a story out of nothing:thumb3: Lana has been on tour and had been recording an album. I’m sure she just didn’t have time to stop and write something, especially if it was short notice. Lana has been staying in Tennessee/the south for a little while so it makes sense she can perform at an event in Graceland. 

Lana wrote video games in 5 minutes so it’s not irrational to think she could make a small song for Priscilla considering how awful watercolor eyes is for euphoria lmaoo. Maybe she just can’t write as good anymore 

8 hours ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

How exciting omg. I kind of hate that she’s doing this but didn’t make a song for Priscilla though omg. But I’m excited 

she should have made a song for Priscilla. Coppola even asked her. And the film is apparently one of her best.

:(((

8 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

This must be how Swifties feel, just constant news

This exactly lmao, November 2023 is probably her most active month of her career since Autumn 2019 of NFR era or Summer 2017 of LFL era

url%5D

Omg amazing news:justride2: There are soooooo many layers to this. She must be so happy. 

I fear they are all going to be Christmas songs. If not I second Always on My Mind. Or a Nic Cage / David Lynch moment with Love Me:yesnod:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

to be so real right now i don't understand why she couldn't have just sent in a song for Priscilla if she didn't have the time to record one :tiffany2:

Spoiler

regardless i'm excited to see this performance (assuming it will be one) :monica:

😋🫶🏼