Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

I don’t know why people are calling Ride and BTD ballads, those songs are more like anthems, not ballads, and I don’t find the performances for them to be low energy at all the way they are for Arcadia or Bartender.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I really liked the show. She looked beautiful, sounded good most of the time (although we do feel she was nervous some times or maybe she got thrown off by her mic having problems). The visuals were nice, loved the Billie moment, the entrance. 

i guess our expectations were, again, way too high, which feels like it’s a  bit of a letdown. 

with Lana and her team, we always have to tell ourselves that any phrase could mean two things: « Epic » means great stage, « She’ll perform new songs » could mean songs she never sung before and not necessarily the never-heard-before lead single to a new album, « many guest » mean two or three (including Jack), and songs heard at soundcheck (especially unreleased ones) never end up having their official moment on stage :true:

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

So nothing actually happened, and she sang pretty much all of the same songs she sings every time she tours? :brigitte: I’m going back to bed

Hey at least she sang them in a different order :mariah2:

On 4/13/2024 at 3:27 PM, Lindsay Lohan said:

I feel like this was such an odd setlist, she has loads of tiktok hits and she sung none of them ?

I wish she'd stop playing it so safe with her setlist, I don't get why she's so hooked on playing the same songs she's been playing for the past 8 years

Not to mention her microphone ruined half the songs :crying4:

Without You as an opening was also the most bizarre idea ever?!? 

I’m starting to think she really doesn’t know what songs are popular/ people like now. Notice how she mainly performed the singles. Yes, The Grants was a promo single not a very popular one so was Bartender (that even got a video). Pretty When You Cry is a good choice, but it’s been on the set list for years. Same with Cherry. It’s just songs she’s comfortable with and aren’t willing to change. I think she only truly knows the popular ones from BTD era when she was constantly getting plagues for that esp during that era. I don’t think she knows what the current fan favorites are.

I don’t think she checked her Spotify stats or whatever. Her team seriously need to show her her top daily streamed songs. There’s definitely a disconnect.

Manifesting a 7" vinyl with Video Games on Side A and Ocean Eyes on Side B, signed by both of them limited to 10 copies worldwide :popcorn: @hotshot2am do ur job bestie

:icant:  Did You Know That The B***h Emptied My Bank Account? :icant:

cASqFK.699fdee4f96aae1cc420d1731bf36fa7-

She gave us so many iconic moments: the motorbike jealous girl entrance, without you as opener (my favourite), bringing out Jon, two Billie duets, stripper pole moment, hologram Lana, and the unhinged ragtime finish, not to mention stunning stage, hair and costuming… we won at least a little?

Just now, marcodelrey said:

Manifesting a 7" vinyl with Video Games on Side A and Ocean Eyes on Side B, signed by both of them limited to 10 copies worldwide :popcorn:

Oh the two people here who collect every Lana vinyl variant are gagging

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

I don’t know why people are calling Ride and BTD ballads, those songs are more like anthems, not ballads, and I don’t find the performances for them to be low energy at all the way they are for Arcadia or Bartender.

Technically, they are ballads. The songwriting is pure balladry. That said, the production slaps on both of those. Ride was produced by legend Rick Rubin, for example. So, they're big and lush, and they do have a rhythm section, so they don't come across as ballads. Which is what makes them good ballads for a festival like Coachella. Same with Young and Beautiful.

Now, Bartender, Arcadia and The Grants on the other hand........

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

exactly my personal love of the songs aside I do feel like BTD and Ride are always the highlight of the “old” part of her setlist energywise 

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

it's a personal preference as well but deciding to include Arcadia for Coachella's setlist was a questionable choice.. 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I think the main thing she’s lacking is the self confidence and awareness that she is the hottest most perfect person to get on stage. Not to compare but for example like Taylor swift or Tate like they know what and how they’re doing it. Last year she definitely had that confidence so maybe next week she’ll be a bit more open