Elle

Lana to release new song "Henry, Come On" with Luke Laird

Since OB, we’re in total limbo when it comes to the next LP release… and even what it could be. Say Yes to Heaven and Country Roads both could have been leads to an unreleased collection and cover LP respectively. And yet, none of those projects are out… and we now have the Henry Come On snippet… :stareney2: 

The covers and new Americana songs could already form a complete album…

14 minutes ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

I would love this song to be part of an EP of acoustic songs. Maybe 5-6 tracks. :true:

yeah!! That's kind of what I was thinking too

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

So, if OB was finished in September 2023, that means Lana has been cooking up new music for 1 year and 4 months. That's so much time.

Again, i dont think we're getting LDR10 this year, but for sure there'll be new songs released.

also, i dont think Henry is first-single material. As good as it is, it moves at a glacial pace and all her first singles (aside from BB and let me love you) had some radio-friendly oomph to it. She wouldn't kick off a new era with a yayo-style track

my two cente (dont hate me)

Oh she’s absolutely had time to cook something up! Jack said in an interview she was dragging him to the studio, and that was before ocean came out. 

Since we don’t know what Henry even is (which I think is the most annoying part of all of this) it’s hard to say if it’s first single material. It just depends on the project it’s attached to

"Don’t forget me"

21 minutes ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

I would love this song to be part of an EP of acoustic songs. Maybe 5-6 tracks. :true:

Why an EP when you could have a full album :creepna3:

url%5D

17 hours ago, That Venice Bitch said:

The soundtrack single will be a cover, not an original song

Assuming there's not another song that's not getting single treatment 

an acoustic ep would be perfect right now imo, with the magnitude of ocean (and this whole year in general) it feels too soon for a whole new album... something that'll make less noice but still sit nicely with the rest of her discog and give us something to chew on before the next album era would be nice :daydream:

anyways new music is new music and i'm here for it

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

do you think i'd really lose it on ya if you did nothing wrong?

i love the solemnness. it really embodies that feeling of conversations had after a break up. people are complaining about the lack of instrumentation but i think it works well in this context. 

violets in your eyes

not me getting an ad for Ruby Tuesday when i was viewing this thread. is that a sign???? :smokes:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

7 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

A rework of Hundred Dollar Bill wbk

Last call, hey y'all, hang his hat up on the wall
Tell him that his cowgirl is gone, go on and giddy-up
'Cause there's nothing more gorgeous than a hundred dollar bill
Nothing more gorgeous than a hundred dollar bill
Twenty of em wrapped up tight in silk :true:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

1 hour ago, luna de miel said:

an acoustic ep would be perfect right now imo,

anyways new music is new music and i'm here for it

agree. She's had this idea since right after LFL. She even talked about it at Amoeba.
So here for an EP in the Spring and a collection of covers in the fall :trisha:

1 hour ago, watercolor eyes said:

do you think i'd really lose it on ya if you did nothing wrong?

i love the solemnness. it really embodies that feeling of conversations had after a break up. people are complaining about the lack of instrumentation but i think it works well in this context. 

i love it too, it's different from her in terms of tone. almost feels like "go play a video game" but delivered with by someone who's over it rather than hopelessly in love or happily reminiscing. im obsessed with it, it feels like a song i need right now :daydream:. I need to know what the rest is the song is like!! what's she gonna say 

giphy.gif

I feel like it’s kinda like a push back at a man/men who think as a woman you’re over sensitive, over dramatic and argumentative. Like the way some men gaslight ya as if you’re crazy for going wild on them even when they’ve done something that DEFINITELY warranted it 

I hope it has a build up and some anger in it

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues