Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

5 hours ago, Orville Peck said:

I dreamt that Lana released a song that the title was just numbers, kind of like a date. The first number was 24 btw. It ended up being the best song on the album.

Me if I was a psychic after Ultraviolence

7 minutes ago, jamesss said:

weird how ethel cain added one of lana’s posts to her story… but she doesn’t even follow lana? idk if that’s just me who thinks that’s really weird lol

I also think it’s weird

Lana feature on preachers wife ??? 
Ethel feature on Lasso?? 
(I am delusional)

IMG-5840.jpg

All of Lana's albums are cohesive. Cohesion in a record is not just about sound, each Lana album is beautifully crafted to take you on a specific and thoughtful journey.

1 hour ago, jamesss said:

weird how ethel cain added one of lana’s posts to her story… but she doesn’t even follow lana? idk if that’s just me who thinks that’s really weird lol

Ethel was liking posts of Lana’s Met Gala look; i don’t think it’s weird necessarily… although Ethel had previously tweeted or said she didn’t want to be compared to LDR, she included fishtail on one of her spotify playlists of songs she liked and then obvi this post. i think it would be cool if they collaborated at some point. i wonder about their connection to Jack Donoghue & what’s the tea there ? 

I remember ethel cain tweeted the opening lines of cruel world in 2022 or 2023

url%5D

when lasso is just re-recorded Sirens then what :typewriter:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

i wonder about their connection to Jack Donoghue & what’s the tea there ? 

tbf i kinda think there's none. donoghue has been with so many girls in the "alt" scene it was probably just a funny coincidence lol

20 minutes ago, World At War said:

tbf i kinda think there's none. donoghue has been with so many girls in the "alt" scene it was probably just a funny coincidence lol

ya i don't think relationship rumours would have been as heavy if he wasn't hot hes ummm a free spirit

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, World At War said:

Yeah it seems like Ethel has liked Lana’s music since before Lana even met Jack so not sure why people think that would be an issue. I don’t think he and Ethel even dated. He was a musician at some point so he obviously has a lot of friends in that industry. I wonder if Lana has ever heard Ethel’s music though. 

I love the theory that the end of a Lana album somewhat predicts what’s to come on the next record whether sonically or the themes she explores in the last few songs. Get Free touches on revealing her true heart and nature which lead us into more diaristic lyrics on Norman and some of her most personal stories ever (not to mention the seagulls and waves which transition perfectly into Norman’s more nautical theme). Norman ends with Hope which I think is her most personal song ever which then transitioned us into COCC where she continued to go deeper and confront her past experiences and trauma that lead her to where she is in her life. Ending with For Free solidified the fact that she does what she does for art’s sake and nothing more. I kind of consider BB a mixtape so I won’t try to bridge the two but ending BB with a song dedicated to her sister and first born niece ties in nicely with exploring her family on Tunnel. I may totally be rambling and making connections where there are none but I would love if Lasso continues the almost patchwork like nature of Peppers and Taco Truck. I’ve had both on repeat the last few days and the two songs blend different samples, sounds and textures (Tommy G sample, the surf rock, VB demo, Trisha monologue) seamlessly. They sort of remind me of songs off Life of Pablo which I’ve always loved for how innovative K*nye weaved so many sounds and switch ups in one song. Plus, they’re just so fun and have this playful energy from Lana I haven’t felt in a while. It seems like she has truly been enjoying herself lately and I think that’s going to be reflective in this album. I think country will be the predominate underlying theme but I could see Lana weaving so many other genres into the album (maybe even multiple genres in one song) to make a really experimental tapestry of an album totally unique to her. 

TLDR I want more songs like Peppers and Taco Truck :thumb:

Tumblr

potential collabs for Lasso:

ASAP Rocky

The Weeknd

Father John Misty

Nikki Lane

Ethel Cain???

Dolly Parton

Quavo

Camila Cabello

Morgan Wallen

Billie Eilish

Taylor Swift

some of these are total reaches btw but just basically listing artists she’s likely to collab with + artists she’s been heavily involved with lately

missing a lot too

Wouldnt be surprised if she makes an appearance on the new Billie record tbh

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

8 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

i wonder about their connection to Jack Donoghue & what’s the tea there ? 

honestly that man has fucked so many of my faves that im fully convinced we re all somehow connected to him one way or another.. i wish i was ngl..

Since Lana adds one LFL outtake to almost each album, nfr = American record, cotcc= Yosemite, Ocean Blvd = grandfather rework, & half of us are deluded that this will be a sister album, I hope she continues that and adds like Silverlake (it sounds suiting) or anyone who had a heart cover :seeit: #lustforlifeisaliveandbreathing

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7laynh1btcbtvab9ylb