Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

i lowkey want lana to collaborate with the guy, who made the coachella outro the shining ballroom scene inspired song, for lasso. i think it would be eerie and unique.

url%5D

Got inspired by
@SalvaWHORE

And made a concept

Lasso

1. Westbound - Intro     01:22
2. Lasso     04:12
3. Horseshoe    03:08 
4. Hey Blue Baby 02:56    
5. Loved You Then And Now 03:38    
6. Eye Candy (For The Cowboys) 03:45   
7. Though feat. Quavo   03:15  
8. Has Anyone Else Ever Died For You 05:07
9. Prettiest Girl In Country Music feat. Nikki Lane & Sierra Ferrell    03:34
10. Highway Angel feat. Dolly Parton 03:24
11. Angels Forever, Forever Angels 4:40
12. Nashville Skyline  04:32
13. Grapevine Peak  03:59  
14. Sinner       03:33
15. Blackbird  06:21   
16. Henry, Come On  03:21   
17. Pawnshop Blues 03:26    
18. Wild Woman     04:22
19. Like An Eagle In The Sky - Outro 01:28

Duration: 1:09:59

Some explanation:

- Westbound: guitar strums, makes you feel like you stand in the desert, spoken words, transitions into the title track
- LYTAN it could timeline wise fit and I think it once got described as TJF x IFYLDWM so I kinda see it having a bit bop energy
- Eye Candy (For The Cowboys) : a saloon piano themed bop with some trap fusion /beats in the second half of the song, the scenery is set in a saloon with Lana being a saloon girl, someone had the idea for a saloon piano song on this site and it needs to happen
- Has Anyone Else Ever Died For You
About the music industry, kinda revenge vibes, it contains beats and electric guitar but it focuses more on the countryish side again
- Prettiest Girl In Country Music : I can see it fitting theme wise after the last one (hence the lyrics: I'd rather be the real the damn thing, I guess this is a meeting in the music industry)
- AFFA: slightly reworked,  more guitar and countryish details added, some spoken word (one sentence, could also be a Ride reference) in the beginning and then the humming
- Nashville Skyline and Grapevine Peak being more traditional country sounding songs with different elements sprinkled in like a saxophone, spaghetti western guitar or a fiddle
- Sinner: a bop in the vein of the DTWD bridge
- Blackbird: starts as a ballad and turns into a country rock fusioned song
- Henry and Pawnshop Blues: the two ballads, Pawn Shop Blues being similiar to the OG but Lana harmonizes to the OG vocals kinda turning it into a Lizzy x Lana collab (it works in my head)
- Wild Woman : Interpolates Wild One but it is besides that a new song and which she embraces her power, herself, making it out of some hardships of life and it's an anthem to freedom , it starts on a slower note but has an exploding, epic build up, could contain country rock vibes in the build up, after the explosion the song slows down and transitions into
- Like An Eagle In The Sky : a more atmospheric extended outro of the last track with guitar strums and cicade noises, an eagle screaming, she uses spoken words in it and ends the album /the story

Thanks for reading :kiss:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 hour ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

Got inspired by
@SalvaWHORE

And made a concept

Lasso

Some explanation:

- Westbound: guitar strums, makes you feel like you stand in the desert, spoken words, transitions into the title track
- LYTAN it could timeline wise fit and I think it once got described as TJF x IFYLDWM so I kinda see it having a bit bop energy
- Eye Candy (For The Cowboys) : a saloon piano themed bop with some trap fusion /beats in the second half of the song, the scenery is set in a saloon with Lana being a saloon girl, someone had the idea for a saloon piano song on this site and it needs to happen
About the music industry, kinda revenge vibes, it contains beats and electric guitar but it focuses more on the countryish side again
- Prettiest Girl In Country Music : I can see it fitting theme wise after the last one (hence the lyrics: I'd rather be the real the damn thing, I guess this is a meeting in the music industry)
- AFFA: slightly reworked,  more guitar and countryish details added, some spoken word (one sentence, could also be a Ride reference) in the beginning and then the humming
- Nashville Skyline and Grapevine Peak being more traditional country sounding songs with different elements sprinkled in like a saxophone, spaghetti western guitar or a fiddle
- Henry and Pawnshop Blues: the two ballads, Pawn Shop Blues being similiar to the OG but Lana harmonizes to the OG vocals kinda turning it into a Lizzy x Lana collab (it works in my head)
- Wild Woman : Interpolates Wild One but it is besides that a new song and which she embraces her power, herself, making it out of some hardships of life and it's an anthem to freedom , it starts on a slower note but has an exploding, epic build up, could contain country rock vibes in the build up, after the explosion the song slows down and transitions into
- Like An Eagle In The Sky : a more atmospheric extended outro of the last track with guitar strums and cicade noises, an eagle screaming, she uses spoken words in it and ends the album /the story

whenc Westbound intro is "Dear Elliot" then what?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I hope the artwork is her on a horse so we can finally have a “mode of transportation” cover again :oop:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

6 hours ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

Got inspired by
@SalvaWHORE

And made a concept

Lasso

Some explanation:

Slay

lEaKeD lYrIcS fRoM tRuStEd InSiDeR

Spoiler

I'm a coke zero cherry whore

Now you love me even more

On the run from sugar daddy's gun

He told me lies but I told more

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express

Oh what I would do for a cowboy guest

I'd giddy up on his cock

He'd love me an awful lot

He popped my pussy I cracked his back

when he leaves a message I won't call back

Now it's just me and Nikki Lane

Doing some drugs on a Texas Day

God I love The Rosary

Sugar Daddy stop chasing me

Cause I miss Matcha Monkey

and spin class with Val

Churchome and all the gals

Maybe I should log off

Seeking Arrangements

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

6 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

So the quavo collab got me thinking - has someone done trap country before? If she invents another genre she would be so iconic

old town road and its multiple clones

Wait a minute (this may be very delulu but hear me out) I know we've already made the out of the black into the blue -> out of the blue into the black connection with her Coachella outfits. Last track of LFL get free ends with her singing out of the black into the blue.

Maybe this is another sign Lasso will be LFL pt 2? 

Watching the second weekend back, her outfit change into that country themed black leather dress with the fringe, rhinestones, and belt buckle makes me think it's her way of bridging LFL & Lasso. If she started making this album in 2019~ (right after NFR?) maybe it was supposed to be LFL -> NFR -> Lasso and NFR was the transition? In the NFR title track, she ends the song with "you make me blue" and keeps singing blue as it ends.

She's been posting a ton of LFL related things on insta in the last 6 or so months. In December, she posted an insta pic of the Sunday Times magazine shoot and used Heroin. In a post at the end of December, she includes a vid of her performing 13 beaches with the original clip used in the intro. In that same post, she includes a video using blinding lights by The Weeknd. On new years day, she hinted on insta she was headlining coachella using her song coachella, woodstock. In February, she posts that throwback pic of her during the LFL era in the blue short sleeve top.

I think Lasso is the darker, younger country sister to LFL :makeup:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

28 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Don’t really care for the political songs that LFL had

Well then she better get Lasso out very soon before the seemingly inevitable second Trump Presidency. "Is This The End Of America? Well, Yes"

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

A LFL pt. 2 scares me, because it took me years to appreciate it 

i hated that there were too many collabs (still stand that the demos we had one those are better) 

I didn’t understood the rap infusion (because it was so different to her previous sound) 

and I didn’t like how it didn’t feel cohesive at all 

I’ve learned to love it now- and I do enjoy the rap ones, they’re really summer bops.. though I’ve never liked the title track.. I know she could do better than that from a collab with Abel. Buuuuuuuut, when ranking her records.. LFL is never in my mind for the top consideration 

But then heroin is my favourite overall song from Lana, so yeah, I don’t know.. 

i guess it would be just a case of there’s something for everybody and some tracks that I will completely love..  but not a record with zero skips, which is kinda sad, because the reason I love Lana so much is she has records that I just love listening to from start to finish 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

1 hour ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

A LFL pt. 2 scares me, because it took me years to appreciate it 

i hated that there were too many collabs (still stand that the demos we had one those are better) 

I didn’t understood the rap infusion (because it was so different to her previous sound) 

and I didn’t like how it didn’t feel cohesive at all 

I’ve learned to love it now- and I do enjoy the rap ones, they’re really summer bops.. though I’ve never liked the title track.. I know she could do better than that from a collab with Abel. Buuuuuuuut, when ranking her records.. LFL is never in my mind for the top consideration 

But then heroin is my favourite overall song from Lana, so yeah, I don’t know.. 

i guess it would be just a case of there’s something for everybody and some tracks that I will completely love..  but not a record with zero skips, which is kinda sad, because the reason I love Lana so much is she has records that I just love listening to from start to finish 

I always liked LFL. It has a large number of solid cuts - perhaps more good songs than any album preceding it, given its length and ambition.

A record that featured Lust for Life, Love, Summer Bummer, Groupie Love, God Bless America, When the World Was at War, White Mustang, Cherry, and Tomorrow Never Came - all on one record? I mean, wow. It was her most commercial effort since BTD, in addition to being a bit edgy and experimental.

The issues I had with it is that it still featured terrible songs like Coachella (awful) and Change (boring af). 

But it still packed more good songs than BTD, UV and maybe even Honeymoon. 

NFR was the first album for me that was a near 10/10 (woulda been a 10 without TNBAR). 

44 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

I was hoping Lasso would be an 11 to 12 tracks solo album with no collabs or covers, but it is what it is. She had other ideas apparently. I also didn’t expect her to go back to a commercial poppy sound with this album. Esp after Ocean Blvd.

I really thought we’re going to get a classic country album. Like a country country album or a western infused country album because we know L4na is capable of doing that, but it is what it is once again. Like I was shatting on Bey0nce for polluting the genre. I’m not saying you can’t mix genres, but I don’t like how B3y0nce did it. It feels very gimmicky. Cowboy Carter is not really a country album imo. It’s very much like she said. That it’s a B3y0nce album. And she didn’t lie. It’s R&B music with country influence.

Lasso seems to be a commercial hip-hop pop “country” album with rappers which I fear could be gimmicky as well. Like I want timeless sounding songs and songs can be used as soundtracks to movies or real life or your own life. A country song with a rapper was the last thing on my mind. I really did not think that she would go this route.

Sorry you're not on board with this possible direction of "Lasso". Keep in mind that none of this is confirmed yet. Could just be a Quavo track.

However, if it is the direction this is going in, don't be that surprised. Remember that Lana said "I wish my last album (OB) had gone as viral" after that waffle moment.

She could just be annoyed with her last three albums perhaps not performing well, and wants to recapture some of her previous commercial success.

And that doesn't mean that Lasso won't be packed with great (pure) country songs. Maybe 10 country songs  with 5 spicy upbeat rap/trap. Would that be so tragic?

1 hour ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

I was hoping Lasso would be an 11 to 12 tracks solo album with no collabs or covers, but it is what it is. She had other ideas apparently. I also didn’t expect her to go back to a commercial poppy sound with this album. Esp after Ocean Blvd.

I really thought we’re going to get a classic country album. Like a country country album or a western infused country album because we know L4na is capable of doing that, but it is what it is once again. Like I was shatting on Bey0nce for polluting the genre. I’m not saying you can’t mix genres, but I don’t like how B3y0nce did it. It feels very gimmicky. Cowboy Carter is not really a country album imo. It’s very much like she said. That it’s a B3y0nce album. And she didn’t lie. It’s R&B music with country influence.

Lasso seems to be a commercial hip-hop pop “country” album with rappers which I fear could be gimmicky as well. Like I want timeless sounding songs and songs can be used as soundtracks to movies or real life or your own life. A country song with a rapper was the last thing on my mind. I really did not think that she would go this route.

I mean, I would argue that Ocean Blvd has songs like Peppers but also managed to have timeless cinematic and soundtracking songs like Paris, Texas and Kintsugi. We don’t know that much about Lasso so I think we can still be optimistic

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

Deleting what I said earlier because I’m going crazy. Reading other people’s opinions before writing my own can really influence me for some reason right now.

I posted before that I want a classic sounding album with no features. Some how I got really excited for the Qu4vo collab, but then I posted again that I don’t want it :toofunny:. I think I got really excited for it because it’s the first commercial sounding song she’s going released in ages. Then, I realized I don’t know if I want commercial sounding songs (because it could end up sounding generic and gimmicky with the country rap thing), and I actually don’t want features on the album because her lastest album was already full of features.

I guess I’m open to features even though I prefer the album to have no features. I can’t really change what’s happening right now, so it’s better to just get exicted for it. I’m also open to her doing a more commercial sound because it is unexpected coming from Ocean Blvd that’s why I was excited for it. Something different is always good, especially from your last release. I just have some worries with the “commercial” sound. I will remain cautiously optimistic.

I still hope that the album is concise, even with the features. 11–12 tracks. I just don’t want another long album loaded with features and interludes like OB and LFL. We don’t want another album like that again consecutively.

i don't mind sister of LFL. she made great tracks that never made to album so if album is going to have sound like that i'm here. i love chaotic LDR:dorothy4: