Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Ok, after letting this simmer a little bit, L4na was talking about the reception of the album. How it’s going to be received. She said “I really have no idea now!”. She didn’t the mean the direction of the album. She meant the reception.

“American Songbook”. She meant the lyrics specifically. Not the genre or the sound. The album is still country. They were asking her about the lyrics. The album is going to be more melodic and less self-revealing. LYRICALLY. In a similar vein to The Great American Songbook. LYRICALLY.

I don’t think she’s changing her mind or whatever.

56 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Ok, after letting this simmer a little bit, L4na was talking about the reception of the album. How it’s going to be received. She said “I really have no idea now”. She didn’t the mean the direction of the album. She meant the reception.

I don’t she’s changing her mind or whatever.

this was also my interpretation 

she gave off words that were totally up to interpretation, which is highkey annoying. 
i thought lasso was still coming, but after seeing all the comments saying its cancelled, im just confused now.

I’ve watched the interview again and I also don’t think lasso is cancelled (though maybe it won’t be called lasso anymore haha)

I think her response was to him saying she going country and she is saying that at the time it was country driven but now it’s not quite that and more in the vein of American songbook.. and she also made a comment in the other interview about how she thinks spoken word, beat poetry is going to be the next thing in music.. so maybe she’s hinting towards that a bit 

I think maybe the reception to her announcing the album was cold- I remember saying that after watching the clip, but wasn’t sure if that was just standard etiquette for the award show she was at! And yeah, maybe she was worried about the public reception to her going country seemingly after other big artists have done first 

so yeah, I just hope it’s still coming September whatever sound we’re getting, I was warming to the country idea but honestly, an Americana sound would excite me more anyway 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

47 minutes ago, Chanele said:

this was also my interpretation 

she gave off words that were totally up to interpretation, which is highkey annoying. 
i thought lasso was still coming, but after seeing all the comments saying its cancelled, im just confused now.

im pretty sure @Elle asked her like 2 weeks ago if it's still coming and she said it was

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

10 minutes ago, American Whore said:

im pretty sure @Elle asked her like 2 weeks ago if it's still coming and she said it was

Yeah exactly, I dont think in the past 2 weeks she would have scraped it.

36 minutes ago, American Whore said:

I’m not saying Lasso is scrapped but I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t randomly spill to a fan in a night club that the album is scrapped 

6 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

I’m not saying Lasso is scrapped but I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t randomly spill to a fan in a night club that the album is scrapped 

Lana is so random, she would absolutely do that lol :teehee:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

8 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

Ok I think I see the real problem with the interview After she talks in a confusing way, she asks “You know what I mean?” And the interviewer replies “Yeah”. He should have said “No, I have no idea wtf you meant, can you elaborate?” 

I agree. I so wish he would have followed up with "So, are you going for a different sound? or Is it still planned for September? Could have also asked her about "Tough" Im just glad he actually asked her about her own music though, rather than "What's your favourite Taylor Swift song"? :) 

3 hours ago, Chanele said:

Yeah exactly, I dont think in the past 2 weeks she would have scraped it.

you are underestimating Lana, guys

i still think it’s coming but don’t act like she can’t change her mind in a sec

0YnL0Kf.gif

8 hours ago, ChelseaLeeArts said:

I fear its definitely delayed or scrapped because she acted and spoke the same way when talking about chemtrails being delayed

I don't think it's scrapped but I'm starting to think it's delayed because it also reminded me of the way how she talked about COTCC in that Violet book premiere or in the Interview Magazine issue 2020. Kind of vague-ish hints. :isee:

8 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

please god just not another album chalk full of collabs :trisha: im sorry but Let The Light In and Tomorrow Never Came are still some of the only collabs i can stand on her albums :trisha:

I don't mind collabs but I love LTLI and TNC as well, if there are collabs, maybe we should manifest collabs like these beautiful songs! :flutter:

6 hours ago, ArtDecoVintageGirl said:

It won't even be called Lasso when it comes out and it won't be country either , i would love her to return to the BTD - Honeymoon sound but it will be Chemtrails / Ocean Blvd oriented.

I think it will be country because she has explored that aesthetic very strongly for many times recently but I'm not surprised if it has a new title by the time of the release as well. But I still think it's called Lasso because she would've corrected the journalist guy like she corrected him with the stadium tour. He did say "Lasso album". I sometimes secretly urge for Honeymoon sound as well but since Rick is not producing and Jack is the producer, we will have Jack-ish production like we've had in NFR, COTCC and Ocean Blvd. I think that Drew Ericson and Zach Dawes are involved as well. :isee:

url%5D

Remind me, how much in advance do orders for vinyls have to be? Because if she’s this vague and unsure about the sound and direction, and it’s almost June, Lasso might be released later than September. But then again, she always seems to be vague about her music until it’s out so… who knows?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

54 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Remind me, how much in advance do orders for vinyls have to be? Because if she’s this vague and unsure about the sound and direction, and it’s almost June, Lasso might be released later than September. But then again, she always seems to be vague about her music until it’s out so… who knows?

Until last year, vinyls had to be submitted five to six months before release. Artists and labels tend to announce the album / preorder three months after submission, to have a shorter pre-release rollout.
But I’m not sure anymore if that timeframe is still the case. And I’m not sure if the rule is the same for every artist. Do the bestselling vinyls artists have to wait the same amount of time or can they « bump » the waiting list? 

On 5/24/2024 at 5:18 AM, Sportscruiser said:

I'm speaking to her on June 7th (exactly 2 weeks from now, yes I'm getting very nervous about it) and I'm going to double down on Lasso questions.

On behalf of this forum, can you please ask if she still considers a potential unreleased song album? People ask her about Lasso but never about that- meanwhile she’s playing Jealous Girl as her intro to Coachella and it leaves me confused. She obviously likes some of her unreleased, I think I speak for a lot of us when I say we have genuine curiosity if that is a possibility or if she’s decided to never release her unreleased. Please ask if you can :crai:

your vulgar darling  :blush3:

8 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I’ve watched the interview again and I also don’t think lasso is cancelled (though maybe it won’t be called lasso anymore haha)

I think her response was to him saying she going country and she is saying that at the time it was country driven but now it’s not quite that and more in the vein of American songbook.. and she also made a comment in the other interview about how she thinks spoken word, beat poetry is going to be the next thing in music.. so maybe she’s hinting towards that a bit 

I think maybe the reception to her announcing the album was cold- I remember saying that after watching the clip, but wasn’t sure if that was just standard etiquette for the award show she was at! And yeah, maybe she was worried about the public reception to her going country seemingly after other big artists have done first 

so yeah, I just hope it’s still coming September whatever sound we’re getting, I was warming to the country idea but honestly, an Americana sound would excite me more anyway 

Guys nothing is coming in september obvi. 

let it go. 

at best, we'll get that quavo song in june-sept

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

I agree. I so wish he would have followed up with "So, are you going for a different sound? or Is it still planned for September? Could have also asked her about "Tough" Im just glad he actually asked her about her own music though, rather than "What's your favourite Taylor Swift song"? :) 

Yeh the nme guy is a hero 

Not sure if Lasso is still coming she looked surprised when he asked her about it🤣 It’s hard to know what she means but she didn’t really give a very reassuring answer about it. I think if it was still coming she would’ve sounded a bit more excited about it. She’s said her country album was “coming later” a few years ago at one of Nikki’s show maybe she changed her focus since collabing with Quavo. I think we’ll get the country album at some point but dunno when.

has she had veneers put in or am i going crazy, judging by that interview a few pages back

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e