Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

We do not need any old leaked unreleased songs on this record, it doesn’t work. On BB they sounded out of place and so did the butchered version of BAR on Norman .  Need to be new or at least not heard before.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, ChaoticLipster said:

We do not need any old leaked unreleased songs on this record, it doesn’t work. On BB they sounded out of place and so did the butchered version of BAR on Norman .  Need to be new or at least not heard before.

semi agree — I don't want anything like Pawn Shop Blues or Wild One, however incorporating something like Hey Blue Baby into a song is very welcomed :true:

PRE-ORDER 'EAT THE WORLD' — A COLLECTION OF POEMS BY MARINA DIAMANDIS HERE:

Regular Hardback: https://marinadiamandis.lnk.to/eattheworld

Hand-Signed Hardback: https://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=113257

2 minutes ago, viv said:

semi agree — I don't want anything like Pawn Shop Blues or Wild One, however incorporating something like Hey Blue Baby into a song is very welcomed :true:

We need the Hey Blue Baby bridge on streaming it's true :true:

j9Fpjea9OY.webp

"Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon."

Im really not worried about Lasso tbh (except maybe the inevitable Nikki collab :oic2:): Henry sounds lovely, Tough is such a bop (if it makes the cut of the album), In God’s Time truly doesn’t sound country per se form what we heard. I really think it won’t be « traditional country » at all, just some sounds blended in the prod of the songs.

13 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m in minority here for preferring the Norman version of BAR rather than the demo :bebe:

as for BB, the more we learn about it, the more we should see it as a « collection of songs that tell her story ». Agree with you that pretty much all of the unreleased songs there don’t fit very much the album, but the whole track list isn’t cohesive, except maybe the first five tracks (and even then, it’s not a perfect and smooth ride). She usually is more « careful » about integrating an unreleased song on her albums. 

we aren’t getting any outtakes pre-NFR but I really do hope there’s lots of reworked jack outtakes bc I don’t wanna have to wait for those to leak in the future

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

22 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m in minority here for preferring the Norman version of BAR rather than the demo

I’m with you 

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

I kinda hope we get one of the Rick Nowels outtakes too from that time period e.g Wildside or Wild Horses if they somewhat lean into a countrier direction. But obviously we don't know what they sound like. We only know they are NFR /COCC /BB outtakes

Don't think they will leak anytime soon either

j9Fpjea9OY.webp

"Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon."

5 minutes ago, Sunbather Moonchaser said:

Why are we hot again... :air2:

idk but somethin bout this thread made these kids go crazy

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I think she is waiting to finish all her dates to talk about lasso, like theres only UK and France left right ? Maybe after that we get some news 

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ Last Boy on Earth °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"Hollywood welcome Nashville because the music business is gon' go cuntry.

And it went silent. 5 thousand people, dead silence"

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

I just finished listening to NFR and literally want to start it again. Like I’m that h0rny for that album. I don’t care if Lasso is country, folk, rap, death metal etc as long as it makes me feel things and has little to no skips

Just now, Lasso said:

Apparently she now identifies as 5 thousand people

2 hours ago, Lasso said:

and there’s video proof that it was not dead silent :smokes5:

"Don’t forget me"