Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

44 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

So the suprise is a perfume line at the end of October but lana doesn’t want to release singles after the perfume line cuz it’s insensitive:whoopi: and if trump wins then she won’t release the singles but also her team will make her release singles

Well, technically, it makes sense for her to switch from music to business if Trump wins bc those sweet sweet tax cuts and deregulation will make her bank off this alleged perfume line. She could manufacture them in China for 5 cents and sell them here for hundreds of dollars (/s) :runs:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

So, we can all agree that the animal of this era is the American alligator right :die:

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

1 minute ago, Mer said:

Well, technically, it makes sense for her to switch from music to business if Trump wins bc those sweet sweet tax cuts and deregulation will make her bank off this alleged perfume line. She could manufacture them in China for 5 cents and sell them here for hundreds of dollars (/s) :runs:

the melanie martinez shade

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

well anyways… I still think the trend of the last track from the previous album pointing towards the direction of the next will continue. taco truck has a darker, sexier tone. lighter, somewhat nonsensical lyrics but very much painting a snapshot of an American scene, all with a beautiful melody. sounds like how she’s described lasso to me 

1 minute ago, Black to Blue said:

When admin finds out that Jin is a dupe they’re gonna be like “omg I just wanted to have a little fun on lanaboards because it’s been so dead on here!!” :hide: What a waste of time lmao

Clock white cashews tea

5 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I literally can’t with these fake insiders coming here and saying random stuff with no real proof to back it up:air: They should be placed on mod queue until they actually prove themselves:aubrey:

this has been happening for years and years i don’t know how users are still falling for it :brigitte:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Are we sure btw that "Henry, Come On" is a song title? Couldn't it be simply a line from the lyrics? 

... Wouldn't a Dolly Parton collaboration be a "WTF moment"? 😅 Might be at least for people who didn't see the pics of them together. 

It was expensive watch it 

1 minute ago, Olympia said:

Are we sure btw that "Henry, Come On" is a song title? Couldn't it be simply a line from the lyrics

in the ig post lana shared the snippet in, i believe the caption was just “henry come on”

4 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

well we can cross fake insider off the pre-release list! what’s next?

Lmao this reminded me of the pre-release bingo I made in April :hide:

On 4/6/2024 at 11:37 PM, Embach said:

LanaBoards pre-release bingo:

jack antonoff slander/

bring back rick emile dan auerbach ect/

piano flops/

nikki lane country slander/

lana should collab with x artist or y artist/

insider speculation - fake or not/

delusion/

lana should do album pt.2/

cover/interludes or no cover/interludes discussion/

will there be any unreleased songs on the album discussion/

aesthetic comparsion/

photoshoot/photographer discussions and delusions/

vinyl colors/

album art jokes and memes/

fighting

2.gif

13 minutes ago, Rust Dress said:

in the ig post lana shared the snippet in, i believe the caption was just “henry come on”

Thanks, that's what I had in mind, too. So it could be a line only. So those believing in Jinns can still hope for Henry. 😉 

It was expensive watch it 

Regardless of the fake insider, I do think the album direction has changed since the fall of 2023. It seemed while on tour in September/October, she was leaning more into a traditional country sound (even evidenced by her fashion choices on tour) but now it’s evolved into something a bit different and less stark in one direction. That would explain her hesitance around where Lasso would be going as a “country” album and also how she recently described the new songs as having a “Southern Gothic twist” to Vogue and added a “Southern Gothic” story highlight. That wasn’t a phrase she was using before recently. 

Her 2024 stage looks, references to bayous and the photos by Wyatt Spain Winfrey in May, new boyfriend (lol), and recent focus on Tropico as an introduction at the shows (especially with references to Jesus, her singing Body Electric, etc.) suggest a slightly new direction. It’s amazing to kind of infer how she works on albums in real time. 

1 hour ago, JinnWithin said:

Enjoy! 

Hide contents

Lana will drop a fragrance collab with an A-list celebrity and their new fragrance brand at the end of October!  

:hooker:, Jinn

Fuck sake it’s gonna be a kardashian/jenner situation isn’t it 

we don’t want it 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

Regardless of the fake insider, I do think the album direction has changed since the fall of 2023. It seemed while on tour in September/October, she was leaning more into a traditional country sound (even evidenced by her fashion choices on tour) but now it’s evolved into something a bit different and less stark in one direction. That would explain her hesitance around where Lasso would be going as a “country” album and also how she recently described the new songs as having a “Southern Gothic twist”. That wasn’t a phrase she was using before recently. 

Her 2024 stage looks, references to bayous in Fishtail and the photos by Wyatt Spain Winfrey in May, new boyfriend (lol), and recent focus on Tropico as an introduction at the shows (especially with references to Jesus, her singing Body Electric, etc.) suggest a slightly new direction. It’s amazing to kind of infer how she works on albums in real time. 

To be honest, I thought this answer to that NME interview was about public and critical reception because the first thing she started talking about was how many major artists have released country albums and how 5k people were dead silent during the announcement. Because later she started talking about the lyrics, describing them as songbook style, so I mean she must've had to know the album's content.

2.gif